Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people were saying it's been a crap year and we might as well just play the kids.

BBL: played finals
Marsh Cup: Won
Shield: Made the final.

With the injuries and international call ups, win lose or draw in the Shield, it's been another terrific year.
Yeah tuggs...funny isn't it

I honestly thought after the NSW game when we got hammered at the WACA...we had run our race...we played the kids Fanning Wyllie Goodwin all in the same team and we struggled. Just getting those international back helped heaps Green and Inglis but the others have stood up. Bangers has had a fantastic year along with Rocco Paris good as always with the ball and I reckon Whiteman has captained very well this year...and a big shout out to young haskett......plays the enforcer role and he is a big lad...has a future keeps tabs on him

It's been a great achievement with the amount of injuries to the squad and the internationals away....I still think Tassie deserve to be favourites as they have ...apart from this game played really good cricket throughout the season...but saying that I think we can still win it .

I'd have Short come in for Stobo or Haskett for the final to strengthen the batting....Assuming Hardie is able to bowl a few overs which he didn't do in this game.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd have Short come in for Stobo or Haskett for the final to strengthen the batting....Assuming Hardie is able to bowl a few overs which he didn't do in this game.

It all depends on Hardie's bowling. If he isn't bowling then we're stuck with five bowlers again.

Haskett got 6 for not many.
If we make a change, it's probably Stobo you'd imagine.

LOL, he’d be first picked. You could argue Paris is in better form, but even then, you’d pick him first.
LOL clueless. Paris has 172 first class wickets at 19.86 with 37 wickets this season at 14!!!

Compared to Wild Thing's 74 wickets at over 25 a piece with only 11 wickets from 3 matches this year. And here's you thinking they'd put him straight first picked into a winning side from injury for a final?

The Wild Thing is grossly over rated. Even in the BBL Hardie was clocking more on the speed gun than him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL clueless. Paris has 172 first class wickets at 19.86 with 37 wickets this season at 14!!!

Compared to Wild Thing's 74 wickets at over 25 a piece with only 11 wickets from 3 matches this year. And here's you thinking they'd put him straight first picked into a winning side from injury for a final?

The Wild Thing is grossly over rated. Even in the BBL Hardie was clocking more on the speed gun than him.
And that’s why Paris is in the Australian set-up and Morris is not. Wait…

I said you can prefer Paris but there’s a clear indication of who is currently rated more highly. Paris is a great FC bowler but he’s behind Jhye and Morris in the pecking order.

Had no idea his FC and List A average's were that low

1710401214526.png

Insane that he can't get a look in for higher honours, although age is probably against him

I like Morris, but I agree he's grossly over rated. I actually this he’s the most over rated player in all of Australian Cricket.

He’s been in the Australian set up for development purposes, and people have jumped to him being some superstar, and automatic next in line for the test team.

And yes, Paris would surely be picked before him.

Had no idea his FC and List A average's were that low

View attachment 1927666

Insane that he can't get a look in for higher honours, although age is probably against him
Age and injury. He did play for Australia A recently.

I like Morris, but I agree he's grossly over rated. I actually this he’s the most over rated player in all of Australian Cricket.

He’s been in the Australian set up for development purposes, and people have jumped to him being some superstar, and automatic next in line for the test team.

And yes, Paris would surely be picked before him.
The initial comment was questioning whether he would make the team. You know, ahead of Haskett, Gannon and Stobo. Thing about bowlers that get picked internationally for development purposes is that selectors often know more than us average punters. I remember being annoyed when an unknown Glenn McGrath was picked ahead of an impressive Jo Angel. Turns out McGrath had all the tools for international cricket while Angel was a very good FC bowler.

Age and injury. He did play for Australia A recently.

The initial comment was questioning whether he would make the team. You know, ahead of Haskett, Gannon and Stobo. Thing about bowlers that get picked internationally for development purposes is that selectors often know more than us average punters. I remember being annoyed when an unknown Glenn McGrath was picked ahead of an impressive Jo Angel. Turns out McGrath had all the tools for international cricket while Angel was a very good FC bowler.
Agree international selectors know more than the average punter.
Agree that Morris probably gets a gig in a 5 bowler line up.
I wasn’t being disrespectful to you, I’m aware of your good posting, but Morris is overrated by the average punter. That was more the point of my post.

I think it was a great move by the selectors to put him in the national squad for development. And the improvement in his bowling has been excellent.

Do I think he’d be selected ahead of Paris?..No
Do I think he’s actually ready to play for Australia?…No.

The West confirming that Cam Green and Mitch Marsh won't be available because of IPL commitments, but annoyingly, Jhye Richardson and Ashton Turner are both also on their way this weekend. Apparently Jhye has been training "at full intensity" for about a month.

Cricinfo saying Morris won't be available either. The question is if Hardie is fit to bowl they'll drop Stobo or Haskett for Short

Apparently Philippe is moving to NSW next season, no great loss

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back