Short
Paris
Rocchiccioli
Gannon
Haskett

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Plus Short and Cartwright are handy options with the ball too

Seriously Cam, FFS
Goodwin is the only one I'd remotely trust to open. Wyllie has been nowhere this season, I'd have him down the order if they go to him.

Okay its happened time to move on few options on the table..I'm still annoyed but we have a game to play

Option One...least disruption

Goodwin moves to opener
Whiteman
Hardie......has scored a hundred in a shield final ..take the bull by the horns and he has to bat three for me
Cartwright.... not three for me he will knick off early if we lose an early one
Inglis...another option for opener
Phillipe/whyllie ......most likely whyllie will come in but he is in terrible form..I would rather roll the dice and give Phillipe a crack even a fanning
Short......we need to shore up the batting order and Hardie can bowl
Paris
Gannon
Roccho
Haskett

Option two....F**k it we go full bazball mode and play it like a ODI...and why not ?? roll the dice and attack

SHort
Phillipe
Hardie
Inglis
Whiteman
Goodwin
bowlers

But most likely we will go option one and I reckon the call has just been made by Voges to the ground staff to produce a green monster

Yeah f**k me just seriously F**k me

we have depth but far out not that much ....

f**k this will post tomorrow about options ...need to sleep on it

The list of players unavailable because of IPL was silly... Marsh, Green, Stoinis, Turner, Richardson, Behrendorff (I get that Dorff and Stoinis are both white ball only at this stage). Add Morris and now Bancroft and you almost have an 11 that could challenge Tassie missing the game.

Short's not a bad shout for opener.

Whiteman
Short
Goodwin
Hardie
Cartwright
Wyllie/Phillippe
Inglis
Paris
Rocc
Gannon
Haskett

Okay its happened time to move on few options on the table..I'm still annoyed but we have a game to play

Option One...least disruption

Goodwin moves to opener
Whiteman
Hardie......has scored a hundred in a shield final ..take the bull by the horns and he has to bat three for me
Cartwright.... not three for me he will knick off early if we lose an early one
Inglis...another option for opener
Phillipe/whyllie ......most likely whyllie will come in but he is in terrible form..I would rather roll the dice and give Phillipe a crack even a fanning
Short......we need to shore up the batting order and Hardie can bowl
Paris
Gannon
Roccho
Haskett

Option two....F**k it we go full bazball mode and play it like a ODI...and why not ?? roll the dice and attack

SHort
Phillipe
Hardie
Inglis
Whiteman
Goodwin
bowlers

But most likely we will go option one and I reckon the call has just been made by Voges to the ground staff to produce a green monster
Phillippe had a couple of decent scores late, he might get the call ahead of Wyllie. That said, Wyllie's Premier Cricket form was good. He's clearly too good for Premier Cricket, still adjusting at FC level.

Wyllie hasn't looked like hitting it off the square in the Shield since he made 90 odd in October...

Whiteman
Goodwin
Hardie
Cartwright
Inglis
Phillippe/Fanning
Short
Paris
Rocc
Gannon
Haskett

Wyllie hasn't looked like hitting it off the square in the Shield since he made 90 odd in October...

Whiteman
Goodwin
Hardie
Cartwright
Inglis
Phillippe/Fanning
Short
Paris
Rocc
Gannon
Haskett
Two big hundreds in his last three Premier Cricket games though. Anyway, Phillippe is not in the squad it turns out, nor is Fanning, so it's Wyllie or Cooper Connolly making his FC debut in a Shield final if we shore up the batting.

The list of players unavailable because of IPL was silly... Marsh, Green, Stoinis, Turner, Richardson, Behrendorff (I get that Dorff and Stoinis are both white ball only at this stage). Add Morris and now Bancroft and you almost have an 11 that could challenge Tassie missing the game.

Short's not a bad shout for opener.

Whiteman
Short
Goodwin
Hardie
Cartwright
Wyllie/Phillippe
Inglis
Paris
Rocc
Gannon
Haskett
You forgot Kelly

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squad is in. Wylie in as possible Bancroft cover whilst Critchell makes way for Connolly.

I'd go;
Wylie
Whiteman
Goodwin
Cartwright
Hardie
Inglis
Short
Paris
Gannon
Rocc
Haskett

Stobo
Connolly
Agar
I like that actually. If Wyllie plays he has to open, he can’t play spin so he needs to get his eye in first. He also bats to slow for the middle order.
He has to many flaws, and I fear he’s been worked out at First Class level already.

Connolly to debut ahead of Wyllie with Short up top, interesting
Connolly is suspect against spin but Freeman is very average
With tassie bowling this will be difficult

Remove this Banner Ad

Back