What do you think of Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Hinkley's game style. I like Matty White, Shulz, and Chad Wingard could be anything. I could add half a dozen or so other players, like Lobbe, Ebert, Gray, Trengove and Hombsch. I like the way they have resurrected their club.

I don't like their loud-mouthed, Koch-head President. I don't like the media hype about them. I don't like Tredrea. Boak doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut and likes to inspire the opposition with inane snipes. I want to shave Hartlett's hair off.

All in all, they come out on the positive side of my ledger.

Don't mind Port generally - defended them when Primus was at the club and they were copping it from everywhere. Probably prefer them to Adelaide (though while Adelaide love bending over for us at the trade table, Port seem to do that to us...).

That being said, would love to beat them just to rub it in Boak's face - classless from a captain though he did say he meant it more an banter to try and save face.

Koch is generally another 4 letter word that sounds similar to how you pronounce his name that starts with a c and ends with a k.

Hoping Chaplin has a big game too - will cop it from their fans (as he has been from most Port fans on here too). If we weren't playing them, I'd genuinely wish them well in finals.

Don't mind Port generally - defended them when Primus was at the club and they were copping it from everywhere. Probably prefer them to Adelaide (though while Adelaide love bending over for us at the trade table, Port seem to do that to us...).

Koch is generally another 4 letter word that sounds similar to how you pronounce his name that starts with a c and ends with a k.

Hoping Chaplin has a big game too - will cop it from their fans (as he has been from most Port fans on here too). If we weren't playing them, I'd genuinely wish them well in finals.

Yeah. Long held the view that Koch is full of skit.

Im of two minds

I like that they are a real club, they have history, and give a s**t about it

the post Kochie s**t though is pissing me off - the NTUA stuff for me is just gagging contrived faux emotion

That being said, I prefer them to many others

I live in adelaide as some know, I played a mini league game for port back in the day at alberton oval, we won and when we did our voctory lap port supporters where throwing beer can at us, I was 12 at the time, I ******* hate port adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate 'em people say they picked themselves up drivel, the AFL gave them a massive handout unless im mistaken, with said handout they went and picked up the best fitness coach in the land who i think was tossing up between us and them. Far as i'm concerned well done to them using the support from the AFL to its fullest, but i am pretty sick of them jumping up and down as though they are the model all clubs should base themselves around.

I live here. I don't mind them. soft spot for them. they're treated like us mostly. always compared to and the lesser of blues pies dons etc.

Love how they have turned themselves around (admittedly from nowhere near as low as us). That gets my respect.

Don't really think about them. I keep an eye on Schulz, that's about it. I have noticed though that they seem to think their long history in South Australia must automatically translate into equal admiration and respect from other clubs as it would for any long running Melbourne based club.

It does not.

Like their exciting, fast and open game plan which was the antidote to the horrible rolling mauls Roos, Longmire and Lyon inflicted on the comp.

Haven't given them a lot of thought though. There's no history between the clubs, so it's hard to feel any passion about them.

Used to like them...

Then we got Chaplin and their fans acted like a bunch of *******s.

Now I think they are a bunch of *******s.

Hope we smash them.

This week I wish them suffering, desolation, indignity, ill-treatment, profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, and the wretchedness of the vanquished.

When we aren't playing them in a cut throat final, I find them mildly amusing, and wish them no harm or misfortune.
This. I didn't mind them before this week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back