What does BenKen need to do to get a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but he missed a lot more goals than he scored. If he was such a natural goal scorer he wouldn't miss so many.

No, not really.

From a career tally of 21 scoring shots, he's kicked 13 goals 8 behinds. Last year, it was 4 goals and 2 behinds. Only game he has ever missed more than he kicked was against Brisbane in 2013, where he kicked 2 goals 3 behinds.

That's just from actual scoring shots. If anyone has Champion Data on his shots for goal that didn't score at all (OOTF and the like), I'll happily discuss those too...

No, not really.

From a career tally of 21 scoring shots, he's kicked 13 goals 8 behinds. Last year, it was 4 goals and 2 behinds. Only game he has ever missed more than he kicked was against Brisbane in 2013, where he kicked 2 goals 3 behinds.

That's just from actual scoring shots. If anyone has Champion Data on his shots for goal that didn't score at all (OOTF and the like), I'll happily discuss those too...

Fair enough Im going off memory. Can't remember him kicking many hard goals though. I thought the ones he did kick were from marks about 30-40 out not crumbing but I could be wrong. He has sprayed a few out on the fulls.

He doesn't have X factor. He can't rull all day (is one of our poorest aerobically, probably the worst 2km time trial of all our players under 200 cm). He isn't a great kick (average but not great). He isn't exceptionally quick. He IS tough at the contest, but isn't big enough to do much damage as an inside mid beast.

He will probably make it as a solid 10-20 ranked player in the side, but needs to work on a fair bit and will take some time.
Good summary of what Kennedy does and doesn't offer the team. Not one of Hines best selections.

He's been sick of late and has not played any football.
That years draft looks pretty poor.
Only picks after him that we could have perhaps had a go at are Hrovat and perhaps Stewart who we did not get as F/S

He's been sick of late and has not played any football.
That years draft looks pretty poor.
Only picks after him that we could have perhaps had a go at are Hrovat and perhaps Stewart who we did not get as F/S

Grundy has looked Bloody Good

Seriously, this kid has potential coming out his eye sockets. And IMO just need a solid 3 or 4 game run to really show us what he's got.

He's got X factor, he's got defensive ability, he runs all day, and he kicks goals. Surely this are some traits that would be attractive to selectors.

He's now in his third season and should be cementing his place in our best 22. But I feel he's never been given a chance to do so. I know he's contracted but if he doesn't get a fair go this year I can see him walking.

So could someone tell me what he needs to work on to get selected? Coz I can't see it.

Reality is the club makes the call but I'm with you on this one .BK showed enough last year vs Gold Coast that he has the ability to influence games and almost won it for us . From memory he also had a good game against WC . I really don't recall any other youngsters having the same impact to turn a game around .
Would of thought when we recruited him he would compliment Grundy given they played successfully together am still hoping on this one .
BK needs to continue to work hard, improve and stand out failing that he should consult Sinclair Goldsack Blair and co ......
Sent from my iPad

I'm backing him in. He does some special things and gets involved enough so I reckon he can be a player long term. He won't be a top 5 player but will be a handy 5-15 player.

The coaching staff like him I think he's just been unlucky with injury and a bit of circumstance too. The concussion hurt him big time after a v. Good preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, this kid has potential coming out his eye sockets. And IMO just need a solid 3 or 4 game run to really show us what he's got.

He's got X factor, he's got defensive ability, he runs all day, and he kicks goals. Surely this are some traits that would be attractive to selectors.

He's now in his third season and should be cementing his place in our best 22. But I feel he's never been given a chance to do so. I know he's contracted but if he doesn't get a fair go this year I can see him walking.

So could someone tell me what he needs to work on to get selected? Coz I can't see it.
--------------------------
I think he's sick, injured or something at the moment...but really, do we need yet another midget in our team ?

--------------------------
I think he's sick, injured or something at the moment...but really, do we need yet another midget in our team ?

I would suggest you replace him with another midget

Was just waiting for sinkers to do a hammy as it was all apart of BK'S plan
voodoo-dolls-wallpaper.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back