What is slower the VAFA or AFL website??

What is a slower website? AFL or VAFA?

• VAFA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The old version of the VAFA website was working well, why did they need to replace it with a completely new edition? And how is the VAFA Sunday team going to read out the scores, goalkickers, & best players tomorrow morning, seeing that the website is still down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The old version of the VAFA website was working well, why did they need to replace it with a completely new edition? And how is the VAFA Sunday team going to read out the scores, goalkickers, & best players tomorrow morning, seeing that the website is still down?

Jase, the best VAFA radio show by far is the North West FM VAFA show Sunday night from 6pm. You can listen online 98.9 North West FM.
They have experts from each section as well as club reps.

Error establishing a database connection

Need I say more

Maxie, from my limited knowledge, I believe that this indicates that it is a potential server issue within the website hosting company.
Do we know if the powers that be changed hosting companies when they developed and launched their new wiz-bang website?

Got on this morning, nothing changed.

When will the VAFA finally admit it has a major problem, dismantle the current website and start again? Even the VAFA Sunday team had real trouble reading out the details because of the problems the VAFA website was having.

It's now got the crazy stage. The sites a joke. The Ammos want teams to collect stats and are offering up this website as the outlet to view such stats.
They are not taking cricism very well which is surprising as its totally justified. Heads are likely to roll...it seems they have already started.

Whose idea was it to completely overhaul the VAFA website that was working well, into one that crash every 6 weeks or so. The VAFA should've tested out the current website during the course of the off-season and to iron out any flaws that could emerge like the one we are seeing now.

Whose idea was it to completely overhaul the VAFA website that was working well, into one that crash every 6 weeks or so. The VAFA should've tested out the current website during the course of the off-season and to iron out any flaws that could emerge like the one we are seeing now.

Believe it was Andrew Leonard but the buck stops at the top. Michael Sholly is hopelessly out of touch with what goes on in club land and much of what he says and does defies both logic and belief. Some good people at VAFA HQ such as Benny Goodman and Sue Anderson but on the whole the VAFA continues to be a great competition because of the clubs and the great people behind them, not because of those pulling the strings at Elsternwick.

I think AL would do well to make his comments in relation to this debacle a little more apologetic rather than defensive. It is a massive problem as many VAFA followers love the stats and comments and reviews that should be easily accessible this day and age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VAFA should have left the old version of the website alone but just make minor changes, not completely change the VAFA website. Look at Hampton Rovers's website, it made minor changes and it is going much better than the VAFA website.

I think AL would do well to make his comments in relation to this debacle a little more apologetic rather than defensive. It is a massive problem as many VAFA followers love the stats and comments and reviews that should be easily accessible this day and age.
Agree, my question is why take shortcuts with unknown web hosting companies? Cheap deal? Did they pay someone from Freelancer $40 to build the new website? It certainly looks like it, it's a dogs breakfast and that's being nice.

I also like relaxing on a Sunday and watching the replays on VAFA TV, but that's become impossible when they can't even be loaded to the website!

So Andrew, we know you are reading this, how about a sincere apology, admit your mistakes in relation to website gate and load the old one until this saga is sorted?

The VAFA website is clearly a disgrace. VAFA claims to be the #1 metro football competition, and yet its main online asset is simply not working.

At what point does someone either at Board or Executive level take responsibility for this?

It is a joke!!

The VAFA website is clearly a disgrace. VAFA claims to be the #1 metro football competition, and yet its main online asset is simply not working.

At what point does someone either at Board or Executive level take responsibility for this?

It is a joke!!

Despite this debacle, it is so far the number 1 comp its not funny. You only have to watch teams like Marcellin and Old Ivanhoe run around and think...heck there are 20 better teams than this??
PS-Website still a debacle!

Don't be surprised to read in this year's VAFA Annual Report, "The new-look VAFA website was extremely well received when it went online at the start of the year."

Extremely well received...not.

They have. And Scatters told his listeners in no uncertain terms what he thought of the website.
However, for some reason, there is no discussion about it on the VAFATV show 'VAFA Tragics'. Strange.

Also, the VAFA mobile app has still not being updated for the past 4 months!!

Last edited:
They have. And Scatters told his listeners in no uncertain terms what he thought of the website.
However, for some reason, there is no discussion about it on the VAFATV show 'VAFA Tragics'. Strange.

Also, the VAFA mobile app has still not being updated for the past 4 months!!
First those in the corridors of power have to remove their heads from their rears and publicly acknowledge there is a problem.

Be nice to be able to read the full details of a game at the Match Centre. WTF!
eb4rkn.jpg
Arrow right and you can see the rest of that data! What, your iphone doesn't arrow right? Bad luck then!

Sadly I was not able to attend any VAFA games on Saturday but was keeping in touch via the "live scores" attached to the website, only to be left in the dark part way through the third quarter as the website once again crashed :mad:

Back