Club History What items you think should be in a Port Adelaide museum + library?

Remove this Banner Ad

168171_3eefc0e867c0c744da4b7dcdd0d4af3e.png

View attachment 168673

There are many errors in this graphic.

Why did we start wearing the Collingwood style guernsey in the early 40s & again in the early 50s? I hate that bloody thing.

It was a gift from Eddie McGuire's grand father.

Why did we start wearing the Collingwood style guernsey in the early 40s & again in the early 50s? I hate that bloody thing.
That chart is wrong and should be amended or taken down.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...0674/page-2#post-13695666#ZVfyJostJi3t38ii.97

The 1951 premiership side wore the collingwood style guernsey, (all season) to celebrate the 50th year of Australia being a federation. From Dynasty page 55.

Collingwood's guernsey is 3 white stripes and 2 black ones, where as this is 2 white stripes and one black one. Both have black sides.

In 1952 we went back to the prision bar design.

1951PAguernseypremiershipside.jpg

This is what we wore in 1949 and 1950. Notice how much different the long sleeve version looks compared to the short leave lace up does. From page 49 of Dynasty.

1950PAguernsey.jpg

A browsable, offline archive of the BigFooty Port Board in case the internet is ever hit by an asteroid.

The tie Choco wore at the 2004 GF.

A telephone that was once owned by Warren Tredrea.

An interactive 3D simulator of Rhett Biglands being hit by Byron Pickett. Signed medical disclaimers required before use.

A minimum of 120 exhibits.

Only sort of related, but I'd love to see an online library of Port Adelaide's historical media made available to members - old issues of Power To The People, Magpie News, Annual Reports, and Bob McLean's 1870-1970 history of the Magpies.

What came of the TPFP database? That was packed full of results, player profiles and news articles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason davenports bouffant.

The mcmillan from jasper mcmilan-pittard.

A cricket ball bowled by glenn dawson

A picture of the drywall adam hartlett ruined by throwing hamish into it while in a fit of rage at school.

An ark burger

Barry curtin jokes list

The salad bar from the port club pre renovation.

Bronze statue of keith thomas carrying ice at the family day in his flip flops and media polo.

Brett eberts head measurements

Tredreas patella tendons

Darryl wakelins jaw

Troy chaplins email

Last edited:
Donald Dickie's lightning bolt sideburns

Well, some great suggestion guys......:rolleyes:

Not sure if he would depart with it twice, but I was thinking of that famous No 4 GF jumper.... would be a great start.

- The first royalty cheque Stuart MacGill sent to Mark Tylor.

- The sand in Nick Stevens' vagina.

- Troy Chaplin's limp fuselage.

- The missile thrown by a punter that hit Roger Delaney in the head while kicking out from fullback.

- Jack's silver Port jacket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back