Club History What items you think should be in a Port Adelaide museum + library?

Remove this Banner Ad

For me I would love all the trophys as well as a picture of all the Premiership teams that are available. As you walk in there could be random commentary playing from past games and old games being shown on TV screens.

Great thread.

Blood soaked bandage off tommy logans head. Photos of celebs wearing port gear. A locker room with john cahills, fos williams speeches blaring through speakers and a permanent heat rub smell.

This is the guernsey memorabillia poster the club sold signed by legends in 2012 or 2013. I know some of the variations are socks but there are some errors in what you have Mero. I know Matt Agius has done a s**t load of work re our history but The 1951 guernsey was only for a year and its 2 black stripes not 3 like Collingwoods. It was only used for 1 year not 2.
port-adelaide-history-of-the-jumper-unframed.jpg

The years on the Print
1870-77.1878-82.1883-85.1885-01.,1902-10..1911-26.1927-36..1937-41...42-43...44-45....1946..1947-50..1951..1952-96.1996-11.2012-....1997-09.2010-

Last edited:

What came of the TPFP database? That was packed full of results, player profiles and news articles.

Hidden so no-one can copy it ... esp on Big Footy :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great thread.

Blood soaked bandage off tommy logans head. Photos of celebs wearing port gear. A locker room with john cahills, fos williams speeches blaring through speakers and a permanent heat rub smell.

Lol. I can imagine installing diffusers with liquid deep heat spray.

Someone walks in and their eyes rot out of their sockets because of the heavy concentration of deep heat mist.

Maybe do a virtual tour of what it was like for other teams driving past the graveyard on the way to play us.

Put some accommodation above, so I can permanently move in and be there everyday!

Yeah but why? See Blueseum. It's the internet. At least sell it to the club or another fan, etc.

Much as we love to take the piss out of those quaint gents down The Parade, the Redlegs Museum is a pretty good resource.

But yeah, the possibilities are endless, only restricted by budget. There's heaps the club could do.

You know, like, videos and interviews and s**t...

Hey Byrons Firen, I'd expect you to fire up on this thread. ;)

OK my 2cents worth. Badges,badges and badges. There are people around who have incredible collections of badges.
For each one have a blown-up photo and some blurb on that year.
Newspaper clippings old budgets any books
All our flags of course and cups
Videos of games our march n chants but also of our fans and the cheer squads over the years esp footage from the 60's with all the paper,pompoms etc

NB****To anyone at the club !!!
Reach out to those fans(some of whom have incredible collections)that have stuff.
DON'T let these precious things slip thru your fingers. Be pro-active and fair some of this gear has a value to their owners.
A lot will be given,donated etc but not all of it esp the badges.

Finally lets convert this idea(museum)into action and start/launch it officially

The pumping fist float.
I think it's dead now. It sat decaying over on the eastern side of the ground at Alberton for what seemed like years. Accruing some graffiti in the process. I don't recall seeing it this year, but maybe I just blank it out now.

OK my 2cents worth. Badges,badges and badges. There are people around who have incredible collections of badges.
For each one have a blown-up photo and some blurb on that year.
Newspaper clippings old budgets any books
All our flags of course and cups
Videos of games our march n chants but also of our fans and the cheer squads over the years esp footage from the 60's with all the paper,pompoms etc

NB****To anyone at the club !!!
Reach out to those fans(some of whom have incredible collections)that have stuff.
DON'T let these precious things slip thru your fingers. Be pro-active and fair some of this gear has a value to their owners.
A lot will be given,donated etc but not all of it esp the badges.

Finally lets convert this idea(museum)into action and start/launch it officially

Badger.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back