What was your highlight of the 2014 GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

me too. was great yesterday, and his best game of the year
Oh easily. I stupidly thought about half way through the year that one of he and spang would miss the finals and shoemakers would be the 3rd tall. They both proved me wrong, big time.

As a neutral fan I really enjoyed the performance of Langford. One tough unit who is starting to hit the scoreboard very regularly!

Well done guys, absolutely dismantled Sydney.

I loved Suckling's goal in the third quarter. Was kicked from a similar spot as Malceski's dagger back in 2012, but this time it was the final nail in the coffin for the mighty hawks against the swans.
Suckling.jpg

Other notables:
- Unbelievable four quarter effort. The best performance I have ever seen from our team.
- Intense tackling pressure and attack on the footy.
- Dead-eye Breust - had some yips in 2012/2013 and worked hard on improving his kicking. Kicked three tough set shots yesterday and played a ripper.
- Hodgey's intercept mark and goal to put us 47 points up half way through the second. We were on an absolute rampage.
- Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell. Enough said.
- Langford's goal in the third quarter. Party time at its best.
- Burgoyne's two sealers in the last quarter. What a legend of the club.
- The pure joy of the lap of honour after the game.

Last edited:
All pretty much said, but Spangher!!!! Love him....Hodge is the guy I want my sons to be, and to the poster who said "Tippett"....hahaha so true, I bet he was a tree in school plays.
My other highlight, as I'm pretty new to bigfooty, was the difference in $ydney's threads from Friday to Sunday - they went from 10 foot tall & bullet proof to Jetta ducking his head & being flattened....bickering, calling for the retirement of guys they were swooning over, almost willing Malceski to go & pasting the 2012 messiah, Horse Longmire.... I love being part of such a stable club

Also Langers tearing up at the end. The bloke clearly bleeds brown and gold, as a fan you can't help but love that sort of passion/loyalty/commitment from a player. He's growing into the mould of his old man

I was tearing up myself, it became: sunglasses after dark.

(tears of joy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved Suckling's goal in the third quarter. Was kicked from a similar spot as Malceski's dagger back in 2012, but this time it was the final nail in the coffin for the mighty hawks against the swans.
View attachment 83110
Other notables:
- Unbelievable four quarter effort. The best performance I have ever seen from our team.
- Intense tackling pressure and attack on the footy.
- Dead-eye Breust - had some yips in 2012/2013 and worked hard on improving his kicking. Kicked three tough set shots yesterday.
- Hodgey's intercept mark and goal to put us 47 points up half way through the second. We were on an absolute rampage.
- Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell. Enough said.
- Langford's goal in the third quarter. Party time at its best.
- Burgoyne's two sealers in the last quarter. What a legend of the club.
- The pure joy of the lap of honour after the game.

That goal of Suckling's in the 3rd was rolled Gold!

Grundy's poor and soft effort when he went back one handed that created Hill's goal. I knew we were in their heads then.

And, that hit of Rough's. Best fair hit I've seen for many years!
So considerate of Hannebury to jump up at just the right time to avoid the chance of head high content by Rough....impeccable timing

Just watched the replay for the 3rd time ;)

Loved Big Boy smashing Jetta who is cowering like a bitch before getting hit

Looking forward to the stories about the strategy going into he game like the "Shark Analoghy" in 2008

I think the strategy this time was "Shock & Awe" ;)

One of the best! The tough stuff was amazing but this goal exemplifies the skill and efficiency of the Hawthorn machine when they have the ball.

Rough gets tackled, taps the ball onto his boot a couple of metres to Mitch, who taps it back to Hodge without taking possession, wrong footing would-be tacklers.

Hodge hands off to the running Hill, who gives to Breust, who centres to the top of the square.

Richards and McVeigh are positioned to out point Puopolo, but Rioli goes back with the flight, getting finger tips to it and pushing it over the back of the flailing Swans defence.

Puopolo gathers, hands to Suckling who nails it.

Dennis Cometti's commentary: "Cop that!"

It was something else....as soon as I realised it was him that little computer you have in your brain that whirs away at the speed of light to work out the chances of the player kicking the goal had to do a vey rapid recalculation and increased the probability from about 50/50 to about 75%.

The entire game was fukcing epic! But I adore Junior Boy & will focus on him ... for now. When Cyril flew & flew & flew & then finally landed in the first quarter I held my breath. Then he took off & chased & I was reassured we'd made the right call. He was primed & I knew all is good. His deflection of Tiprat's hand pass & subsequent pass to Rough was sublime. Forget the official stats cos his mere presence & the perceived pressure he creates can not be measured. Ever! The $wines fans near me were calling him a wallflower but then again ... they cheer behinds. Fukcwits! After the game I was told Junior tweeted "brown & gold runs through my veins." I smiled, & as I said ... I knew all is good! #Always

Last edited:
Just watched the replay, and the cheer for Spangher when he got his medal brought tears to my eyes again. Has there ever been a more sentimental fan favourite?

Craig Willis said it perfectly. "What a journey!"

Loved all those moments from the game, and one from the post match celebrations...

There was a shot from the rooms post match and Doc has a crownie in one hand while chatting to two young chicks in number 8 guernseys. And I'm thinking to myself, this kid has a premiership medal, got 9 posessions in 25 minutes and with any luck is going to finish the night with a few more "touches".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back