What would you think if Eade left?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good by the strategy implemented during game days I cant actually see him doing anything other then some media stuff so buckley can try and concentrate more on the football side of things

Why would Eade leave? No one else will over pay him like we will.
I can't see him being part of the solution to our internal issues. He certainly didn't have a great rapport with players at his last 2 clubs. I'd be happy enough for him to walk but he won't.

I'm not sure why all the hate for Eade, he was known as one of the best tactical coaches during his time in coaching and although he never got the flag " and let's be honest not many do " he always coached extremely competitive teams.

Pretty funny that no one knows what he does - I thought I'd log onto the Collingwood site and pull his profile to get a better understanding myself and it appears the club don't know what he does either - Nothing on him at all

upload_2014-10-16_9-35-53.png

Seems to be a lot of talk about Eade maybe moving back into senior coaching with the GC and I imagine that he may be linked with the WB also. I haven't seen too much talk about that on here but for one I'd hate to see him leave his position at Collingwood.

What are peoples thought's if Eade was to leave?

Trav would get his preferred parking spot.Do it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the most competitive beasts you've ever seen mate, the Williams family were never losers and Mark was the epitome of a Port boy and a Collingwood captain. He got shopped around a bit between clubs for $$$ but one could never label him a loser.

Yep, sorry, I didn't mean to be disparaging about Williams, the player. I do remember how tenacious he was in his career. It was more a reference to his 'success' in attaining the ultimate prize - a premiership - as a player. The term 'loser' was in reference to this lack of success, not his playing ability.

Can't see Eade going anywhere just yet, Carlton already have him locked in to a succession plan for Mick Malthouse as soon as he wants out from CFC.:p

I don't know what he does to be honest

Yep.

We all have our opinions of him based on his time as a coach - which was never outstanding.

But it's hard to know what to say about him leaving if we don't actually know what he does here. If we were gonna have someone in that sort of role, I would much rather a guy with a history of winning

Pretty funny that no one knows what he does - I thought I'd log onto the Collingwood site and pull his profile to get a better understanding myself and it appears the club don't know what he does either - Nothing on him at all

View attachment 87441
He is not a coach anymore.
He is listed under staff as Football Director. Head of the Football department.
Has 12 staff listed under him.

He is not a coach anymore.
He is listed under staff as Football Director. Head of the Football department.
Has 12 staff listed under him.
Still doesn't say what his role and responsibilities are though.

Just a general consensus in here that no one knows what he does - sure, he's got a cool title

Still doesn't say what his role and responsibilities are though.

Just a general consensus in here that no one knows what he does - sure, he's got a cool title

After Walsh left his job was split between Eade and Hine, with Hine doing contracts and Eade doing football admin thats why he's not on the coaching staff anymore

As Director of Football he probably has the task of overseeing and co-ordinating all the behind the scenes operations for the team and the coaches in preparation for game-day. He might also have some say in how these subordinate positions function, the directions they take, and how they mesh with each other: I'm guessing he's the designer and architect of off-field operations. As such, I guess he'd be the man who knows what's going on in all these departments and could be the representative for all these subordinate positions at higher-level departmental meetings (esp. those involving the high performance, list management, and coaching departments, as well as the general administration staff under Pert) as well as overseeing operations between various football departments. Check out the positions that are, at least visually, under him:

Football Operations Manager

Executive Assistant

Psychology and Wellbeing Manager

Opposition Analyst

Football Analysis Manager

Senior Football Analyst

Football Analyst

Dietitian

Player Development Manager

VFL General Manager

Property Manager

VFL Property Coordinator

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/club/staff

I'm utterly convinced he would have been a markedly superior match day tactician than Buckley if given the chance over the last few years. A good coach gets the most out of the players at his disposal. I'm tipping he would be actively on the phone making moves when the momentum was against us rather than staring blankly like a disgruntled fan.

No More 'IN THE MIX' devastated!
And I really relied on Rodney's injury updates for those accurate assessments of when the players would be back in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back