Whats a greater threat to Australia Climate Change deniers or terrorists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel free to read through the journal article if you can.

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024/pdf/1748-9326_8_2_024024.pdf

Another source you may be interested in is:
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2009/climate-change-a-consensus-among-scientists/

This one also separates skeptics by their field of expertise:

climate_consensus_550_2.gif

Obviously it wont be too difficult to understand why those in general engineering would have a more vested interest in climate change not being linked to human activity.
Got anything more recent than five years ago?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/18/world/antarctica-totten-glacier-warm-water/index.html

(CNN)Scientists have raised concerns about a large, rapidly thinning glacier in Antarctica, warning it could contribute significantly to rising sea levels.

They say they've discovered two openings that could channel warm seawater to the base of the huge Totten Glacier and bring the threat of potentially disastrous melting.

The glacier is bigger and thinning faster than all the others in East Antarctica.

It contains enough ice to raise the global sea level by at least 11 feet (3.4 meters), according to researchers from the University of Texas at Austin who were among the authors of a new study published this week in the journal Nature Geoscience.

Scientists had previously detected warm water on the seaward side of the glacier. But until now, they had found no evidence that it could threaten coastal ice.

"We now know there are avenues for the warmest waters in East Antarctica to access the most sensitive areas of Totten Glacier," said Jamin Greenbaum, a University of Texas Ph.D. candidate and the lead author of the study.

Clearly I can't read because I can find no evidence of "No temp increases since 1998"..

UAH_LT_1979_thru_February_2015_v5.png

And, once you reach secondary school, you may also learn about statistics and discover that outliers do not define a trend. Good luck.

Oh the humour. Lets extrapolate a trend to infinity and call it a model. That must be great statitistics eh Ratts?

The most common climate change deniers that I have met have generally been bible-bashing Christians that mean well, but are just too indoctrinated to believe anything that contradicts God's omnipotent status.

These folk are generally harmless enough in the flesh, until you hear them deny evolution and you basically get a glimpse of how dangerous their thoughts are.

The most common climate change deniers that I have met have generally been bible-bashing Christians that mean well, but are just too indoctrinated to believe anything that contradicts God's omnipotent status.

These folk are generally harmless enough in the flesh, until you hear them deny evolution and you basically get a glimpse of how dangerous their thoughts are.

Why ban this bloke, would have been fun to play with.

s**t... You really can't read a graph...

So tell us which year on that graph had a higher temperature than 1998.

Or are you just going to try out the usual statistical chicanery and talk of 10 year moving averages etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So tell us which year on that graph had a higher temperature than 1998.

Or are you just going to try out the usual statistical chicanery and talk of 10 year moving averages etc?

What does that have to do with anything?

What does that have to do with anything?

Ratts made a stupid comment and was shown to be wrong. Its typical on here, ie people make absurd alarmist comments without any clue. Even worse is when they attempt to get involved in economic arguments ie that a carbon tax, investing in renewables is good for the economy.

Ratts made a stupid comment and was shown to be wrong. Its typical on here, ie people make absurd alarmist comments without any clue. Even worse is when they attempt to get involved in economic arguments ie that a carbon tax, investing in renewables is good for the economy.
I mean, what does 1998 on its own have to do with anything?

I mean, what does 1998 on its own have to do with anything?

"Clearly I can't read because I can find no evidence of "No temp increases since 1998".."

Temperatures have stopped increasing. The models didn't predict this. How does one explain this?

"Clearly I can't read because I can find no evidence of "No temp increases since 1998".."

Temperatures have stopped increasing. The models didn't predict this. How does one explain this?

But that graph that you posted shows that they have. i don't understand your point.

Highest point was in 98. Other measures say different year was highest. Still, point remains, no statistically significant warming. Thus issues with models and their predictive ability.

Why aren't temps increasing as they should? Climategate emails showed concern over this point, though they are reluctant to say it publicly.

Highest point was in 98. Other measures say different year was highest. Still, point remains, no statistically significant warming. Thus issues with models and their predictive ability.

Why aren't temps increasing as they should? Climategate emails showed concern over this point, though they are reluctant to say it publicly.

They are increasing, your graph showed that. Just because the highest point was in 1998 does not mean that temperatures are not increasing. Surely you are not basing your argument purely on that (or any other single) one year?

They are increasing, your graph showed that. Just because the highest point was in 1998 does not mean that temperatures are not increasing.

A very odd way to look at things. Regardless the point is very, very simple - temperatures aren't moving in line with the model predictions.

Why not? How can one still argue that temps will increase by 2c+ by 2100?

Such simple questions, why cant they be answered?

Strange graph and point of contention. You've never heard of outliers?
You need to consider the general trend of temperatures across a time period.
Your own graph even explains the temperature rise as being influenced by a significant El Nino event.
Try this graph instead for instance, I think it will illustrate trends more clearly:
SA-temperature-increase-graph.jpg

Strange graph and point of contention. You've never heard of outliers?

You've waded in with a graph with zero reference. Well done. Pointless discussing with someone who cant be bothered with that.

NB outliers - you can claim same re short term warming trend since the 80s.

I'm guessing you probably thought sanctions against South Africa were wrong, history proved you wrong there, prepare to be shown up again.

Of course they were. Lol Gough, you try hard. Siding with Mal Fraser well done. And Gough that well known bigot and hater of Vietnamese refugees.

What next "two Wongs don't make a white"?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back