News When is Marley getting sentenced? Announced today!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really, but us old farts are frequently lazy when it comes to jumping in on off-topic arguments that feel like more trouble than they're worth... even if I do agree.

iobaiga just wondering why do you sponsor howard for is he family or something

I am going to attempt to say my last piece.

Obviously Marley did some bad s**t....the judge said it! But, she also agreed he has turned his life around....how the * do half the people on BF suggest she was out of line? She has an incredibly impressive resume, she has no reason to help Marley; are people suggesting she was bribed? I am accused of being a victim blamer....WTF, how about most of BF naysayers stop being misogynist pigs and realise the judge did the absolute correct decision making today

My bad, I am sorry, I agree with you and Jonbe.....to some extent. I have 3 sons, I am a female, but truthfully I wonder am I just too old to converse on a board like this?

How could you ever become too old to debate opinions and ideas?

All you need is something to say and thick enough skin to deal with differing opinions.

iobaiga just wondering why do you sponsor howard for is he family or something
Gosh, I go through this too much. No I sponsored him because that is who the Bulldogs sponsored last year. I am a West Footscray resident, love the dogs as my second team...wanted to sponsor.....yada, yada, yada. PM if you want more info.:)

How could you ever become too old to debate opinions and ideas?

All you need is something to say and thick enough skin to deal with differing opinions.
Blaze, how can you be so narrow minded and obtuse? And for goodness sakes my skin is so ******* thick and you should know it.

I am going to attempt to say my last piece.

Obviously Marley did some bad s**t....the judge said it! But, she also agreed he has turned his life around....how the **** do half the people on BF suggest she was out of line? She has an incredibly impressive resume, she has no reason to help Marley; are people suggesting she was bribed? I am accused of being a victim blamer....WTF, how about most of BF naysayers stop being misogynist pigs and realise the judge did the absolute correct decision making today

Disagreeing with a judges decision = being misogynist pigs? Ok..

Blaze, how can you be so narrow minded and obtuse? And for goodness sakes my skin is so ******* thick and you should know it.

Really? Because you get very angry and go way over the top regularly, EG now you are throwing around the personal insults rather than discussing the topic at hand.

You draw ridiculous things out of comments all the time. What exactly am I being narrow minded about? :rolleyes:

Meh talk s**t get hit.

If Marley knew to keep his mouth shut in the police interview he probably could have avoided a conviction

facepalm.jpg

Disagreeing with a judges decision = being misogynist pigs? Ok..
This was about the thread on the main board. That is why I said BF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newspapers and politicians love being tough on crime because it's a basic slogan and resonates with the community. They also love criticizing judges and sentencing because they are soft targets who are not allowed to respond to them. Basically the only way to get the full picture of what is going on is to read the judges words themselves. The papers and talk back radio are about the last thing you want to read. They want to sell papers so creating outrage and shock is usually going to trump an objective analysis of what happened. Given that way more people listen to talk back and read the papers its not surprising that most feel he got away with one.

Really? Because you get very angry and go way over the top regularly, EG now you are throwing around the personal insults rather than discussing the topic at hand.

You draw ridiculous things out of comments all the time. What exactly am I being narrow minded about? :rolleyes:
No, really Blaze, that is not true....where is the personal insult....narrow minded....I will happily explain that if you would like, I just thought you would rather me no extrapolate in front of the entire board.

Meh talk s**t get hit.

If Marley knew to keep his mouth shut in the police interview he probably could have avoided a conviction
Seems unlikely, the interview and testimony went very bad for him but the video footage of him following them out of the club would be enough for most people to say guilty imo

If a male judge let a collingwood player off with a light sentence people would be saying the exact same thing, it has nothing to do with gender
No they would not! And that is why I asked you "have you ever been a victim"
A true lifelong victim??

No, really Blaze, that is not true....where is the personal insult....narrow minded....I will happily explain that if you would like, I just thought you would rather me no extrapolate in front of the entire board.

Well hmmm let me see... you called me narrow minded and obtuse and you called many people on bigfooty misogynist pigs for disagreeing with the judges opinion... that's 3 personal insults for you. Seeing I clearly said "what exactly am I being narrow minded about" I think it was obvious I would like you to explain it. Funny use of the word extrapolate too...

i lost track of the argument night

Well hmmm let me see... you called me narrow minded and obtuse and you called many people on bigfooty misogynist pigs for disagreeing with the judges opinion... that's 3 personal insults for you. Seeing I clearly said "what exactly am I being narrow minded about" I think it was obvious I would like you to explain it. Funny use of the word extrapolate too...
You are narrow minded in many aspects of your opinions it seems to me. I could be wrong, I do not know you, you just come across as very dogmatic in you opinions.
A lot has been deleted, but many people used terms like ****, bitch, campaigner, etc ....how do you mean that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back