Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Thanks
Would be interested in finding out what organisation he is doing this with!
Max was on SEN, in February he is going to Tanzania, for 6 months.
He is volunteering for the Future Warriors project, teaching sport to Masai kids and hoping to raise money for schools.

Sorry I can't link the interview. But it's called Max Bailey on Evenings.

Edited to add his Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/maxintanzania2016/?fref=ts

Last edited:

Big Brent Renouf - now living in the Top End and having hooked up with a niece of Michael Long!
Pity he never got the 100 game mark.....
Wonder if he is playing up there or his knee prevents it.

IN-LAW NAG FILLS A BAG

HAWTHORN premiership ruckman Brent Renouf’s move to Darwin has paid off instantly.

Renouf, who is married to the niece of AFL legend Michael Long, relocated to the Top End in December and this week struck gold in the Northern Territory’s Million Dollar Fish competition.

17c1599b2d05f13fd77bd57fe6236c98

Brent Renouf with his catch.
Seventy barramundi were released with prize tags — one of them worth $1 million — as part of the tourism promotion and Renouf snagged a 58 centimetre one which earnt him a $10,000 cheque from the sponsor CrownBet.

But it was only on the insistence of his mother-in-law that he even entered.

“I was going fishing by myself on my father-in-law’s boat and my mother-in-law said well you better get on the internet and register before you go,” Renouf said.

“She wouldn’t let me leave until I’d signed up.”

Got to hand it to Jordan Kelly - 3 years on the list without a senior game, a year on the Dogs rookie list and now still going with the Pies VFL side.
All the best to the kid - always gave his all at Box Hill

COLLINGWOOD

In: Lachie Tardrew, Marty Hore (Bendigo Pioneers), Dale Hinkley (Birchip-Watchem B&F), Jordan Kelly (Western Bulldogs), Lachlan Ferguson (returning)

Out: Jake Williams (De La Salle), Rupert Wills (AFL – Collingwood), Ben Monkhorst (Woori Yallock), Tim Allan (work), Scott Greenhough (Deer Park)

Beau Muston - great to see him still involved at Suburban level. Still remember his 30 possession game on wing against Melbourne at the G

Frankston Bombers reappoint coach Beau Muston for another year
e7d1204b64d76edb44d90e40286ab2ff

Simon McEvoy, Frankston Standard Leader
June 28, 2016 1:20am
e7d1204b64d76edb44d90e40286ab2ff

THE second-placed Frankston Bombers have rewarded coach Beau Muston with a contract extension.

The former Hawthorn player has been reappointed for the 2017 season in what club president Gavin Wells describes as a show of faith and stability.

“Frankston Bombers Football Club is excited to extend the tenure of our current coach Beau Muston to include season 2017,’’ Wells said.

“The game plan Beau has implemented and the playing culture created has our club in a great position and we are fortunate to have Beau’s leadership again next year.’’

Thirteen current senior Bombers have already committed to next year.

The Bombers have won seven of their first 10 games this season.

Former rookie and All Australian u/18 Rory Kirkby call times on the SANFL with Glenelg. Ironically, former Box Hill captain(?) Clint Alleway calls time at the same time.
Great that Rory played at the highest level possible after his delisting and had a great SANFL career

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

Glenelg forwards Ruory Kirkby and Clint Alleway will say goodbye to the Tiger faithful with a finale against Port Adelaide at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday.

The Round 20 clash against the arch-rival Magpies – starting at 1.40pm - will be the last SANFL IGA League appearance for the veteran spearheads.

Kirkby – who has kicked 270 goals for the Bays since making his debut in 2006 – is considered one of the club’s most reliable key forwards.

The sharp-shooting left-footer has played 166 IGA League matches for Glenelg, which included 140 in succession such was his durability.

Recruited from the Hawthorn rookie list, the Echuca product was a member of the Tigers’ 2008 Grand Final side which succumbed to Central District.

Known for his clean marking overhead, the 30-year-old has been a fan favourite at Tigerland such is his popularity and willingness to interact with Glenelg supporters.

Originally from Queensland, Alleway was recruited by North Adelaide from VFL club Box Hill at the start of the 2006 SANFL season. A former captain of the Roosters, the strong-marking key forward won the Fos Williams Medal as the West End State team’s best player against the VFL in 2008.

After kicking 209 goals in 129 SANFL IGA League games for North, Alleway spent 2013 travelling overseas before landing at Brighton Road for the 2014 season.

Booting 88 goals in 42 matches for the Tigers, Alleway became the oldest Ken Farmer Medal winner since Malcolm Blight in 1985, when he claimed the 2015 leading goal kicker award with 47 majors.

The 35-year-old has played a total of 171 SANFL IGA League matches and kicked 297 goals between 2006 and 2016.

Glenelg coach Matt Lokan paid tribute to both Kirkby and Alleway, adding that a clash with the Magpies was a fitting way to send off the popular pair.

‘’Ruory and Clint have been outstanding performers for Glenelg, particularly Ruory who has been a permanent fixture in our forward line for the best part of a decade,’’ Lokan said.

‘’We congratulate them both on such fine careers and encourage all Tigers fans to get along to Gliderol Stadium on Saturday to watch them play for the final occasion.’’

Glenelg is likely to promote emerging key forwards such as Jake Pitt, Damien Hill and Ben Edwards in the club’s final two minor round matches.

Clinton Young kicking on! Was best on ground in the 2008 GF before doing his ankle just before half time.

Hawthorn premiership player Clinton Young joins Bendigo Football League side Gisborne
bec141ba9175f671cfd2bef7bfe2e92a

Tim Michell, Sunbury Leader
September 13, 2016 7:12pm
bec141ba9175f671cfd2bef7bfe2e92a

GISBORNE’S youthful Bendigo Football League squad will receive an injection of AFL experience after Hawthorn premiership player Clinton Young signed on for the next two years.

The 30-year-old, who lives in Gisborne, booted 26 goals from 17 games for his junior club Minyip Murtoa in the Wimmera Football League this year.

A veteran of 137 AFL matches, Young has joined the Dogs as a playing assistant coach after training with the club throughout 2016.

84cdb35cb04d52e0d8cff0799d60cd27

Clinton Young breaks down the wing while playing for Hawthorn in 2012.
He has already experienced premiership glory at Gardiner Reserve, having been a member of the club’s Gisborne and District Cricket Association McIntyre Cup winning side in 2015-16.

The Dogs have also confirmed the reappointment of senior coach Brad Spear for 2017 after a “rigorous selection process”.

Spear led Gisborne’s senior team for the first time this year.

After an exodus of experienced players over the last off-season, a young Dogs side finished ninth with a 3-15 record.

Captain Jarrad Lynch has also recommitted as the club strives for greater stability heading into 2017.

Williams has now left Newport...
Rumours going around of him being sacked due to a player doing some dealings for him to play in the GF team. Obviously nothing confirmed but it is weird that he has moved on only a year after being there.

JML headed back to his WAFL Club South Fremantle

Bulldogs scoop up de-listed Hawks youngster
Dale Miller - The West Australian on November 5, 2016, 12:01 am

South Fremantle have signed de-listed Hawthorn rookie Jermaine Miller-Lewis for next season.

The Bulldogs product has returned to his original WAFL club after being axed following two seasons on the Hawks’ rookie list.

Miller-Lewis was originally taken as a speculative draft pick after being a member of the AIS-AFL academy program.

He was used on a wing, as a half-forward and across the half back line in an indication of his potential versatility, but failed to break through for an AFL debut.

The 187cm footballer was selected at pick No.36 in the 2014 rookie draft despite missing that season with stress fractures in his shins and an ankle injury.

Miller-Lewis was part of a major cull from Hawthorn’s ranks, with eight players de-listed on top of premiership trio Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis and Bradley Hill being traded to rival clubs.

The signing by South Fremantle continues a trend of the club getting back de-listed AFL players from their zone.

Mason Shaw, Blaine Johnson, Tom Vandeleur and Dylan Main all returned to the Bulldogs ahead of the 2015 season, while Cory Dell’Olio resumed his WAFL career at South Fremantle after being cut by Essendon.

The Bulldogs are aiming to rebound into flag contention in 2017 after being knocked out in this year’s WAFL preliminary final by eventual premiers Peel Thunder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After signing with Subiaco in the WAFL for 2016 but getting a reprieve at Essendon as a top up player, Sam Grimley playing locally in Melbourne this year with Heidelberg

Heidelberg signs former Hawthorn and Essendon forward Sam Grimley
4975eba64fa882ef815a2f45ac06679a

Toby Prime, Heidelberg Leader
November 16, 2016 11:30pm

HEIDELBERG has added to its forward line potency with the signature of former Hawthorn and Essendon tall Sam Grimley.

The 25-year-old is the second key signing at Warringal Park in a week following the announcement Shepparton United onballer Shaun Huy had joined the club.

Heidelberg president Trevor Barrett said the Box Hill premiership player, a 199cm forward, joined the club to reunite with school mate Michael Brunelli and Jack Ridewood, who played school football together at Ivanhoe Grammar.

“His family is connected with our club — they have friends there — so we have been in touch with Sam over the journey,” Barrett said.

“It is no surprise from within he is coming to us because of the family and mates.”

Heidelberg beat several clubs to Grimley’s signature, including Eastern Football League powerhouse Balwyn.

05fdc597b845ae38403e82287def6ff6

Sam Grimley was one of Essendon’s top-up players in 2016. Picture: Mark Stewart
“A guy of his talent is going to get plenty of clubs chasing him but it was more about coming back and playing with the mates that he played with at school footy and enjoying himself,” Barrett said.

“The size of our ground helps the style of his footy, he is a big strong leading forward and his pace is one of his assets.”

Hawthorn selected Grimley with pick No. 39 in the 2009 draft but was delisted at the end of 2015 after just three senior games.

He proved himself as a strong tall forward with Box Hill by winning the Frosty Miller Medal in 2014 and 2015 as the VFL’s leading goalkicker.

He played four games with Essendon this year as a top-up player following the loss of 12 Bombers for season-long doping bans.

Heidelberg coach Charles Gaylard said Grimley would allow fellow recruit Dan Connors to potentially spend more time playing up the ground.

“We’ll be looking to play him in the forward line for most the year, that was probably an area we think we can improve,” Gaylard said.

“We had a lot of inside 50s (this year) and probably didn’t get as much reward as we would have liked and that’s why we went after him.”

2015 Heidelberg best and fairest winner Michael Looby and Jake Truefeldt, who both spent this year overseas, will also return next year.

After signing with Subiaco in the WAFL for 2016 but getting a reprieve at Essendon as a top up player, Sam Grimley playing locally in Melbourne this year with Heidelberg

Heidelberg signs former Hawthorn and Essendon forward Sam Grimley

Toby Prime, Heidelberg Leader
November 16, 2016 11:30pm

HEIDELBERG has added to its forward line potency with the signature of former Hawthorn and Essendon tall Sam Grimley.

The 25-year-old is the second key signing at Warringal Park in a week following the announcement Shepparton United onballer Shaun Huy had joined the club.

Heidelberg president Trevor Barrett said the Box Hill premiership player, a 199cm forward, joined the club to reunite with school mate Michael Brunelli and Jack Ridewood, who played school football together at Ivanhoe Grammar.

“His family is connected with our club — they have friends there — so we have been in touch with Sam over the journey,” Barrett said.

“It is no surprise from within he is coming to us because of the family and mates.”

Heidelberg beat several clubs to Grimley’s signature, including Eastern Football League powerhouse Balwyn.

05fdc597b845ae38403e82287def6ff6

Sam Grimley was one of Essendon’s top-up players in 2016. Picture: Mark Stewart
“A guy of his talent is going to get plenty of clubs chasing him but it was more about coming back and playing with the mates that he played with at school footy and enjoying himself,” Barrett said.

“The size of our ground helps the style of his footy, he is a big strong leading forward and his pace is one of his assets.”

Hawthorn selected Grimley with pick No. 39 in the 2009 draft but was delisted at the end of 2015 after just three senior games.

He proved himself as a strong tall forward with Box Hill by winning the Frosty Miller Medal in 2014 and 2015 as the VFL’s leading goalkicker.

He played four games with Essendon this year as a top-up player following the loss of 12 Bombers for season-long doping bans.

Heidelberg coach Charles Gaylard said Grimley would allow fellow recruit Dan Connors to potentially spend more time playing up the ground.

“We’ll be looking to play him in the forward line for most the year, that was probably an area we think we can improve,” Gaylard said.

“We had a lot of inside 50s (this year) and probably didn’t get as much reward as we would have liked and that’s why we went after him.”

2015 Heidelberg best and fairest winner Michael Looby and Jake Truefeldt, who both spent this year overseas, will also return next year.
Always liked big Grimmers. Didn't think he was too bad in the few games he played with Hawthorn.

Predicted he was going to to be the next Lance Franklin.
... and I was right. He won the Coleman(VFL version), won a premiership(VFL version) and then moved clubs!!

Last edited:
Remember the pea heart NSW scholarship player who we never drafted but Collingwood though they were getting one up on us - Trent Stubbs??

Lasted 1 season in the SANFL with West Adelaide and is headed back to Sydney. Possibilty he joins Sydney Uni to play in the NEAFL

TRENT STUBBS TO LEAVE THE BLOODS
The club would like to inform members and supporters that 2016 recruit Trent Stubbs will not be a part of the squad in 2017.

09X0365-400x600.jpg

Trent has decided to leave Adelaide after being offered a job promotion in Sydney.

We thank Trent for his contribution to the side in 2016 and wish him all the best in the future.

Remember the pea heart NSW scholarship player who we never drafted but Collingwood though they were getting one up on us - Trent Stubbs??

I never get the personal character assassination that goes on in these boards.
Fair enough criticize the footy they play, but to go after him like this is bully bullshit.
My kid is chasing a sporting dream, his commitment from age 3 to his current 12 and a half years is amazing, just like most kids who follow an elite sports pathway.
I'd be ropeable to read this kind of stuff about my own family, maybe you should consider a little before posting those type of words....

Fair enough criticize the footy they play, but to go after him like this is bully bullshit.
My kid is chasing a sporting dream, his commitment from age 3 to his current 12 and a half years is amazing, just like most kids who follow an elite sports pathway.
I'd be ropeable to read this kind of stuff about my own family, maybe you should consider a little before posting those type of words....
It's a forum. You know, a place for people to express their opinions. If people only came in here to post variations of "Go Hawks!", Bigfooty would have been shutdown in 2001. If you want to read the positives, you're going to have to deal with the negative posts too because not everyone shares the same opinion.

FWIW, Trent has been called much worse on these board by those who have seen him and talked with the coaches who dealt with him.

Normally I would side with you on this topic. However, in this case, Stubbs demanded T's & C's far in excess of his ability. Not a nice person and 'pea-heart' is probably quite appropriate.

If your son is showing the commitment you say he is, then he is showing 10 times what TS showed. Hope he makes it, mate.

flinchfree - if ever you have read my posts across all threads I am supportive 85% of the time of our players but you are delusional if you think people can be 100% positive all of the time.

Do you remember the circumstances of how he ended up at Collingwood after being a scholarship holder? He / his family tried to hold the club to ransom to list him when our recruiting staff deemed he wasn't worth an outright spot on the list so headed to the draft which he had every right to do. Based on how his career panned out i dare say Wrighty and the boys were right on the money again.

He is not an 18yo kid anymore and as other posters have since mentioned, not a great bloke either.

And for the record, this post was started so supporters such as you could read or take an interest in players who have represented our great club once they had moved on.

You need to stop being so precious and since when has "pea heart" been the world's biggest slegde?. And without being disrespectful , if your kid does make it and what ever sport he has chosen and I wish him the very best, you can be roepable all you like but you are going to need to toughen up as he will be subjected to a loss worse than "pea heart" throughout his career whether it be live at matches or boards such as this.

Last edited:
I am supportive 85% of the time of our players but you are delusional if you think people can be 100% positive all of the time.
(not to be answering for flinchfree but) I don't think it is about supportive/not supportive.

Trent Stubbs never played for Hawthorn, was never listed by us, didn't play against us. He is another bloke on the massively long list of blokes who didn't make the AFL grade. Why call him a pea-heart? Why the animosity?

(not to be answering for flinchfree but) I don't think it is about supportive/not supportive.

Trent Stubbs never played for Hawthorn, was never listed by us, didn't play against us. He is another bloke on the massively long list of blokes who didn't make the AFL grade. Why call him a pea-heart? Why the animosity?

There were about 4-5 posts before yours that give an outline as to why.

There were about 4-5 posts before yours that give an outline as to why.
Not really. Sure, there was an outline of what he did 'wrong' but no reason given for why a Hawthorn supporter would feel the need to rubbish him.

I wonder how many people calling other blokes 'pea heart' would fail when judged by the same standard.

Not really.

I wonder how many people calling other blokes 'pea heart' would fail when judged by the same standard.

There are no "pea hearts" here.

Only BigFooty Keyboard Warriors!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back