List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies for butting in but Josh Toy's accepted an Asst coaching spot with the James Hird Academy.

A couple of years ago, while volunteering at a radio station, I noted that Marc Lock was doing alright for Box Hill.

Josh Fraser has been dominating for Labrador and the club is sitting on the top of the QAFL ladder right now.

R3 v Surfers Paradise - 5 goals
R4 v Broadbeach - 4 goals
R5 v Palm Beach Currumbin - 1 goal
R6 v Morningside - 5 goals
R9 v Mt Gravatt - 8 goals

Josh Fraser has been dominating for Labrador and the club is sitting on the top of the QAFL ladder right now.

I thought he was given permission to play at Broadbeach?

The mystical creature that is Big Red Machine has emerged from the woods after a few moments of solitude.

Vbxw56M.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone see Mav Weller's 3rd goal tonight - he looked like GAJ incarnate! To think he was so poor at GC - we could use the St Kilda version of Mav Weller now.

In all honesty I was his harshest critic but even I can admit when a bloke has put the work in and really improved himself

The story's been told before
Poor Mav was an 18yo in a team of 18yo's trying to be 25
StKilda has provided the necessary mature age guidance to get the best out of him
Spent a lot of time in the NEAFL watching guys like Wilkinson Sumner Horsley and Josh Hall get games
I used to criticize him for backing himself too much LOL

Josh Fraser continues to dominate for Labrador. They are still sitting on the top of the ladder.

R11 v Western Magpies - 10 goals
R13 v Surfers Paradise - 8 goals

It should also be noted that fellow Suns assistant Matthew Lappin is also lining up for Labrador this year. He has played 6 games this season. The Suns must have a good relationship with Labrador to basically rent out their assistants on weekends.

I always liked Mav because he actually gave a s**t, but didn't fit Bluey's "We're all superstars"
He was frustrating taking on impossible situations and I don't think I saw him hit a target in his entire time here
No doubt if he'd stayed he would have been delisted after sustaining a chronic injury on a cow paddock in the NEAFL :(
I bet he thanks his lucky stars that he got out alive:$

That's because we had too many onballers in our first year including; Gary Ablett, David Swallow, Dion Prestia, Harley Bennell, Josh Caddy, Michael Rischitelli, Daniel Harris, Danny Stanley, Sam Iles.
As a result, for some reason the coaches tried to turn Weller into a defender with no success. When Weller went to St Kilda, they let him play on-ball from the get go as a half run-with player half ball winner. Weller did state that the delisting was a wake-up call though and worked on his deficiencies more in the lead-up to the draft so it doesn't necessarily mean he would be as good as he is if he were still at the suns. But in saying that he suns could've re-drafted as a rookie...

The guys on League Teams were just discussing Marsh from Collingwood and the fact that he ran a 2.78 in the 20 metre sprint at the national combine. It's the second fastest of all time. The fastest was Joel Wilkinson with a time of 2.75. I think he also holds the bench press record of any QLD footballer, which includes Jonathan Brown and Alastair Lynch.

Wilko was definitely a freak athlete but was a pretty average footballer. It's a shame that Joel never kicked on but it's not as if the club didn't give him plenty of opportunities.

The guys on League Teams were just discussing Marsh from Collingwood and the fact that he ran a 2.78 in the 20 metre sprint at the national combine. It's the second fastest of all time. The fastest was Joel Wilkinson with a time of 2.75. I think he also holds the bench press record of any QLD footballer, which includes Jonathan Brown and Alastair Lynch.

Wilko was definitely a freak athlete but was a pretty average footballer. It's a shame that Joel never kicked on but it's not as if the club didn't give him plenty of opportunities.

Josh Hall is a great athlete as well. Did they mention he is the best fosby flopper in the AFL ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back