List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

After a dominate few weeks in the VFL former Sun Maverick Weller looks a lock to make his saints debut this week guys. :thumbsu:

Disagree. Don't think he's disciplined enough for the role.
It's the position he has been playing at VFL level, if he can do it in the AFL is another question. Few weeks ago got 39 disposals, 3 goals while he shutdown his opponent, 18 disposals, 11 tackles, 2 goals last week and was the one who got the tag.

We'll see i guess.

Disagree. Don't think he's disciplined enough for the role.

Discipline can be taught. He has the right attributes to be a tagger. His discipline isn't exactly poor however, not sure what makes you say that.

It's the position he has been playing at VFL level, if he can do it in the AFL is another question. Few weeks ago got 39 disposals, 3 goals while he shutdown his opponent, 18 disposals, 11 tackles, 2 goals last week and was the one who got the tag.

We'll see i guess.

Wow big stats. I hope he makes it. That article a while back left a sour taste about Mav for me but after speaking to a few people including a mate who played with him in Tassie and is good friends with him I know hes actually a really nice bloke. Doesn't begrudge the Suns at all.

Discipline can be taught. He has the right attributes to be a tagger. His discipline isn't exactly poor however, not sure what makes you say that.
He's a ball hunter first and foremost, leading him to get sucked into the contest rather than look after his man. When we played him as a defensive mid in the 1s he kept giving away frees for tackling his man without the ball and getting frustrated.

Racking up stats in the 2s level was never his problem. If he can turn it around in the seniors, then good on him. Happy to stand corrected, but I just don't think he will be effective as this sort of player.

He's a ball hunter first and foremost, leading him to get sucked into the contest rather than look after his man. When we played him as a defensive mid in the 1s he kept giving away frees for tackling his man without the ball and getting frustrated.

Racking up stats in the 2s level was never his problem. If he can turn it around in the seniors, then good on him. Happy to stand corrected, but I just don't think he will be effective as this sort of player.

No player has it in their genetics to hunt the man and not the ball. He will learn. Seems an odd thing to say that because he did not follow instructions well in the few games he did the role for us he can never do it?

No player has it in their genetics to hunt the man and not the ball. He will learn. Seems an odd thing to say that because he did not follow instructions well in the few games he did the role for us he can never do it?
Some can't. He couldn't do it during his 4 years with us. He can certainly turn it around, but I'm just saying that we should wait until he has shown the ability to do it all the time at AFL level. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some can't. He couldn't do it during his 4 years with us. He can certainly turn it around, but I'm just saying that we should wait until he has shown the ability to do it all the time at AFL level. ;)

Never was ability. Was more to do with learning the tagging role. Lets be honest he never got a good run at it.

Never was ability. Was more to do with learning the tagging role. Lets be honest he never got a good run at it.

This. Through injury and opportunity he never got a good look in at playing in his favoured positions. Was probably never gonna get a good shot at the SUNS. Almost certain he will become a big and valuable player at the Saints.

Apparently he would be pretty close to leading the VFL B&F so far.

kyal horsely gone back to dominating the WAFL.

Season Club Round Kicks Handballs Disposals Marks Goals Points Tackles
2014 SubiacoRound 4 15 9 24 1 1 0 3
2014SubiacoRound 5 10 10 20 4 0 0 3
2014SubiacoRound 7 12 10 22 5 1 0 6
2014SubiacoRound 8 17 8 25 3 1 0 5

Mav is killing it at the Saints. What we wouldn't give for a midfielder with his defensive mindset atm
Killing it? That's a bit much. And a bit of an insult to David, Dion and Jaeger. They're great defensive minded mids.

He's worked on his defensive game which is good. He needs to learn to kick low though. Those bombs forward and missing targets are just as annoying to watch when he plays for another side. :(

He's always been a good tackler, and he's worked hard on being accountable so that's good for him.

It's just his kicking. If he can clean that up he'll be a genuine mid option.

I dont think it has been too bad this year. Certainly no worse then Dion lol.

What the heck is happening out there? Is this St Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back