Analysis Where do Adelaide Crows (Bigfooty) supporters live in 2015?

Which area of Adelaide do you live in?

• CBD

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Inner North

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Outer North

Votes: 19 10.2%
  • Inner East

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Outer East

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Inner South

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Outer South

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Inner West

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Outer West

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Adelaide Hills

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Greater SA

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Interstate

Votes: 57 30.6%
  • Overseas

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a mate who barracks for North. Despite his family being staunch swampies when he was a kid he just loved Wayne Carey and supported the roos and he hasn't switched because he's not a fair weather bandwagoner. Much like a lot of our interstate supporters loved Modra and got on us back in the 90s and are still with us. Goes both ways

Must admit I'm surprised by the amount of interstate supporters. Probably mostly expats who have fled due to lack of work or maybe just boredom.
A bit from column A and a bit from column B.
Born in Perth, educated in Adelaide, lived OS for 13 years in a few different places before arriving in Melbourne 4 years ago.

Lots of Adelaide-born, Adelaide-living people barrack for a suburb of Melbourne instead of the Crows/Power because they're pathetic try hard flogs who somehow think going against the grain makes them trendy
Then their kids normally follow either crows or port...

Salisbury, been a Salisbury boy most of my life after a stint in Seaton and Brisbane prior to 1990.

Traditionally where I am is considered "Outer" North. However with surburbia stretching beyond Elizabeth and nearly reaching Gawler I would suggest that definition may be need to be reconsidered. We are not "Inner" North though, to me that is south of Grand Junction Road. "Mid" North is a term I would consider for the area just North of Salisbury yet South of the Elizabeth City Centre. This area is pretty much the Salisbury Council area. I am closer to town than I am to areas like Munno Para and Andrews Farm.

I also play in a social pub league here in Melbourne that I really don't think could exist outside of Melbourne...
Don't tell me you play RUFL.....

Whyalla born and raised, was in my final years of high school when the Crows entered the competition, I became really hard core in 1993 though, recorded every single game (I still have a few games on VHS) & was a huge Modra fan, was absolutely devastated losing the preliminary to Essendon.

Later moved to the Barossa and then Henley Beach but have been living in ol' London town for the last 5 years - they show about 3-4 games per week on TV so along with Bigfooty, I'm able to keep up to date!

Lots of Adelaide-born, Adelaide-living people barrack for a suburb of Melbourne instead of the Crows/Power because they're pathetic try hard flogs who somehow think going against the grain makes them trendy
I know a lady who is a fanatic Crows supporter but always says she really barracks for Carlton and it's just convenient to barrack for the Crows because she lives in Adelaide. Apparently she went to Melbourne for a week once as a kid and stayed at Carlton and therefore knew everything about Melbourne and Carlton. (as kids do) All those years ago she big-noted herself by using the ol' "when we were in Carlton"….(like she had just visited New York), it became part of her psyche, and I'm convinced she believes we should all be in awe because she has some Carlton connection…:confused: She thinks it is so cool and attention-grabbing to be 'different' to have this ingrained reason to follow Carlton. I just want to slap the Carlton out of her. Am I a bad person?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I play in the Renegade Pub Footy League.... Is that what you meant?
Na. Different one, probably the same philosophy though, just a hit and giggle league

I know a lady who is a fanatic Crows supporter but always says she really barracks for Carlton and it's just convenient to barrack for the Crows because she lives in Adelaide. Apparently she went to Melbourne for a week once as a kid and stayed at Carlton and therefore knew everything about Melbourne and Carlton. (as kids do) All those years ago she big-noted herself by using the ol' "when we were in Carlton"….(like she had just visited New York), it became part of her psyche, and I'm convinced she believes we should all be in awe because she has some Carlton connection…:confused: She thinks it is so cool and attention-grabbing to be 'different' to have this ingrained reason to follow Carlton. I just want to slap the Carlton out of her. Am I a bad person?
Stopping another human from supporting Carlton is an act of kindness.

They'll have the Triggy spike to look forward to this year though.
Something like that.

Balloon-390x270.png

It would be much more convenient for me to support the Sydney swans as I am a 5 min walk from SCG but when I enter the stadium and here the fair weather supporters yell out 'go swannies' when it looks like the swans will get up I feel physically ill so in general I support whoever the swans are playing and try to limit my attendance to less than 3 games per year. Unfort the crows barely make it here but when they do they win and I sure let them know about it

what was it like in footy season?

Just moved back here after many years in Shanghai (used to live TTG area). Like the beach so moved around the corner from it. The day the odds for this year came out Mrs Plugger asks me to put $10 on Crows Premiership. Go to TAB and bump into my new neighbour. We have a good chat - he sees what I'm doing - then he doesn't want to talk to me.

Gutted

Back