Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not what I've said at all. I've said Talia is doing, or rather, getting the "big jobs" for lack of a better option at the Dogs.
You said Talia a 194cm, 95kg key defender was the same as 189cm 83kg defender/mid in Rampe, then went on to say Talia is a rebounding defender yet ignored the fact he'd taken the no.1 forward every week he played.
Seems to me you have no idea what Talia does and you are just arguing for the sake of trying to diminish he value as a trade target for the Swans. Do you even know what Talia looks like?

You said Talia a 194cm, 95kg key defender was the same as 189cm 83kg defender/mid in Rampe, then went on to say Talia is a rebounding defender yet ignored the fact he'd taken the no.1 forward every week he played.
Seems to me you have no idea what Talia does and you are just arguing for the sake of trying to diminish he value as a trade target for the Swans. Do you even know what Talia looks like?

I'd give it away if Rampe was still 83kgs, but what's to say that players have to be a certain size to play a spot? I'd have thought the Swans would need a "gorilla" style KPD, or at the very least, a KPD who can go physically with the biggest forwards. Talia is not this player.

Surely you'd want me to diminish the trade value of someone the Swans are targeting too? Bizarre comment.

As for what he looks like...

TALIA%20Daniel.png

A bit like this, I think?

Kelly, Lockett & Roos retired and guess what ???? Swans are going to bottom out. Blah Blah Blah !!!! Couple of years later Swans win first flag in 72 Years. A year later Swans play in GF again and lose by 1 point. 6 years later Swans win another flag. 2 years later Swans play in another GF. 2015 Swans once again make top 4 losing only 6 games and winning the same amount of games as Hawthorn. Yes Swans are going to hit rock bottom.:rolleyes:

This s**t has been peddled out for the best part of 20 years and it still has not happened. Keep your chins up though boys because if you wish for something for long enough it may just come true. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Kelly, Lockett & Roos retired and guess what ???? Swans are going to bottom out. Blah Blah Blah !!!! Couple of years later Swans win first flag in 72 Years. A year later Swans play in GF again and lose by 1 point. 6 years later Swans win another flag. 2 years later Swans play in another GF. 2015 Swans once again make top 4 losing only 6 games and winning the same amount of games as Hawthorn. Yes Swans are going to hit rock bottom.:rolleyes:

This s**t has been peddled out for the best part of 20 years and it still has happened. Keep your chins up though boys because if you wish for something for long enough it may just come true. :rolleyes:

You know your salary cap is getting made the same as everyone else's now though, yeah?

We wanted to keep JPK but couldn't offer him any cola...

So you offered him a one year contract instead....
I'd give it away if Rampe was still 83kgs, but what's to say that players have to be a certain size to play a spot? I'd have thought the Swans would need a "gorilla" style KPD, or at the very least, a KPD who can go physically with the biggest forwards. Talia is not this player.

Surely you'd want me to diminish the trade value of someone the Swans are targeting too? Bizarre comment.

As for what he looks like...

TALIA%20Daniel.png

A bit like this, I think?

Yeah because the Bulldogs use comments on BigFooty as a barometer on the trade value of a player....

Yeah because the Bulldogs use comments on BigFooty as a barometer on the trade value of a player....

Bit of a tongue in cheek crack at the moron who accused me of trying to diminish his trade value, but I wouldn't expect you to have a crack at him because he's a fellow Sydney fan.

Where is Gary Rohan's best position? I don't think we've answered that yet.

He has been surprisingly effective as an attacking defender.

You can't blame the bloke if he doesn't make it; leg injuries for speedsters are brutal.

Sydney will be fine. Their back half is a mess but their midfield is top notch (when not crippled) and their forward line has enough firepower (when not crippled).

Few top up players and they'll be laughing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your obviously a well researched football fan given the collingwood one was drafted in 06 and the sydney one in 09. In fact they have played on each other several times. I know its confusing they look alike and both wear the number 20, just on different jumpers.

They are both largely irrelevant... Anyway as the Swans are set to go after Leuenberger, Talia and probably others lets agree that both clubs have a fair record of trading, poaching and improving other clubs players.

He has been surprisingly effective as an attacking defender.

You can't blame the bloke if he doesn't make it; leg injuries for speedsters are brutal.

Sydney will be fine. Their back half is a mess but their midfield is top notch (when not crippled) and their forward line has enough firepower (when not crippled).

Few top up players and they'll be laughing.

Backline is a mess, midfield one dimensional/lacks pace/polish, ruck a big question mark.

I've said it before on another thread.
I'll repeat it here.

Post Kelly, Lockett, Roos etc. Swans are stuffed! We build a list that goes on to win the 2005 p'ship & just lose the 2006 p'ship by 1 point.

Post Leo Barry, MOL, Craig Bolton, Brett Kirk, Barry Hall, Jolly. Swans are really stuffed! We build a list that goes on to win the 2012 p'ship, play in the 2013 prelim, 2014 GF etc.

Post Adam Goodes, Jude Bolton, R O'Keefe, Rhyce Shaw, Malceski etc. Swans are stuffed this time FOR SURE! We build a list that (enter p'ship year here)!

A well run club with great list management over a span of 15 to 20 years has been planned. Yes we may have a slow year or two while putting game time into some youngsters, but as a supporter I know that that doesn't rule us out of perhaps challenging the good teams in finals. We have a great system.

The Hawks have....................ummm..........................Hodge, Mitchell & Burgoyne for only a short time longer & you know only too well that when Hodge & Mitchell don't have great games (enter what happens here)!

Unrelated (nice deflection by the way :drunk: ) but Hawthorn has been doing what the Swans have done over the last 20 years for 60 years or more...but with considerably more success (12 flags and 19 GF's in 55 years and all that)

Where is Gary Rohan's best position? I don't think we've answered that yet.

Your guess is as good as anyone. His kicking issues become as issue playing in the backline regularly. A quarter here and there is one thing, a whole season is another.

I would play him off a wing, but the issue is...does he have the tank? Not sure.

Your guess is as good as anyone. His kicking issues become as issue playing in the backline regularly. A quarter here and there is one thing, a whole season is another.

I would play him off a wing, but the issue is...does he have the tank? Not sure.

Or the smarts?

I don't think so.

I like him when he has a set opponent, maybe defensive forward is the way to go.

Or the smarts?

I don't think so.

I like him when he has a set opponent, maybe defensive forward is the way to go.

I would like to see him if he gets a full pre season, trial him off the wing in the NAB Cup. Worst comes to worst, it fails. Would rather give it a try though, one of the few who has genuine speed. Would rather not waste that up forward, however it might be his only position if his tank is still average.

Rohan showed alot whene played off the half back flank in last years pre lim. Was nearly best on ground.

He would greatly bebefit from getting the chance to settle into a position for more than a week at a time

Not sure I agree long term. Just have a few massive questions and one obviously is his tank. All well and good to do it for a quarter or a game, but doing it for a season is another thing. Secondly, his kicking...for a HBF, I have a bit of a problem. Would possibly rather Jones or for that matter Nic Newman, etc getting a chance there. The one thing we need to prioritise is getting more blokes that can really kick.

Rohan showed alot whene played off the half back flank in last years pre lim. Was nearly best on ground.

He would greatly bebefit from getting the chance to settle into a position for more than a week at a time

I would have looked good playing off half back in that game, in fairness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back