Which team is closer to a flag: Richmond or North Melbourne?

Which team is closer to a flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neither is capable of a flag in their current cycle, so who knows.
I disagree. North have one more shot at it. Richmond however, should worry about winning a final first.

None of the them will win a flag with their current sides.

North are best of the worst and worst of the best. The only reason they've made preliminary finals is the fact that they've beaten sides below them in the elimination finals, and they've beaten sides who are injury depleted in the semis. Very overrated side.

Richmond.... Well, the are just not a good side. Yet, looking at what their supporters are saying with arrogance is they they're pretty much guaranteed the flag. They'll get nowhere near it. A pretty crappy team with an even crappier coach. They will not win a flag with the overrated players they have (rance, Cotchin, Martin etc.)

North are best of the worst and worst of the best. The only reason they've made preliminary finals is the fact that they've beaten sides below them in the elimination finals, and they've beaten sides who are injury depleted in the semis. Very overrated side.

Richmond.... Well, the are just not a good side. Yet, looking at what their supporters are saying with arrogance is they they're pretty much guaranteed the flag. They'll get nowhere near it. A pretty crappy team with an even crappier coach. They will not win a flag with the overrated players they have (rance, Cotchin, Martin etc.)
Excuses are like arsehole's

I do believe that Richmond finished the H&A last year ahead of us.

I do believe that Sydney almost knocked over Freo the previous week with the same 'injury depleted' team, had an extra days break and played at home.

You play the team that turns up on the day, it is not our fault that some teams do not have the depth to cover their injury woes.

Read the article.
North closest = faith that they are closest. Why? Just because.
Richmond closest = better list and all working together. OK, but how about why they might be the best team in the land? No real answer.

Conclusion, crap article to fill page space in the off season.

My opinion is that for 2016 I reckon they are relatively even.
North has a team that can do real damage as long as its oldies keep fit and in form. But they face a huge risk of things imploding due to players sliding and the nit all goes downhill. Worth the shot in bringing in good older players I reckon.
Richmond has a potentially very good team. Can beat anyone anywhere. But in real pressure against teams that have big quality inside mids (North), and so can shut down the tigers ball movement, and have tall forwards to exploit the limited quality beyond Rance in KPDs the tigers are very vulnerable. That is, in finals type situations the tigers have weaknesses. If some young guys come on, and new guys can step up to AFL quality then the tigers list weaknesses are fixed and could go very well. Huge reliance on Maric, and he is close to the end.

Conclusion:
North are proven big game / finals winners. If they can do well during th season and set themselves up for a finals tilt they could go all the way if they stay fit. Limited lifetime for this team, likely to lose quality simply due to age soon. 2016 or bust??
Richmond are proven to be a top 8 team, with top 4 potential. They can win against anyone anywhere, but haven't been able to handle finals. They should be getting better for the next few years. If the team can step up to finals pressure they should be able to go all the way. But when will that be??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it 90 points?

Why go Tigers fans say this, like they're the Hawks. It's just not true.
We do seem to travel well, but yes, rather overstates our footballing ability.

I think Richmond are a little bit overrated on the main board. Many of us thought the sorta Cotch/Martin/Lids would be that silky midfield machine, but 3 failed finals campagins later it's not the case. If it's gonna happen for us, it's gonna be a bit later on with blokes like Ellis (both), Lennon, Vlastuin, Menadue etc. and what level they can get to. If they don't we'll just hover mid-table.

Probably need another KPD and Ruck as well as far as glaring list deficiencies go. So as it stands, it's pretty hard to say it isn't North.

I voted Richmond, because while I see North as the bigger flag threat this year, I think Richmond are going to be a better chance of winning one in the forseeable future, given that they are gradually adding the pieces of their puzzle and won't fall off a cliff any time soon, like North probably will.

Once teams like Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo drop out of contention, a team like Richmond ought to be well placed to take their place at the top of the ladder if they're able to lose their finals-win bogey in the meantime and keep adding any remaining pieces they're missing.

Not super-confident of them winning one any time soon though, all that said.

We've got a long way to go everyone can see that, but if we're not a 'good' side then there is only about four good sides in the league.
Nice agenda, or troll.

Richmond for me. Despite all the bad blood between Richmond and collingwood fans this offseason. I am getting the feeling things might just click for the Richmond team next year, and they will be in the hunt. I just cant see where north's improvement would come from.

Zero credibility. Apart from the wrong and dismissive "not a good side", saying Rance is overrated is possibly....no, definitely one of the dumbest things ever written on BF.

Obvious Richmond hatred never reads well.

I think this year, North a better shot. Medium term, Tiges, better list profile age wise. I also think that for all people that hate on Bucks, that in 2 years time, Pies might be (MIGHT) in a better possie than either side.

Rance overrated....sheesh!!:rolleyes:

lol must be a worry knowing that the crappy team with an even crappier coach thrashed your team last time we played, did you think this was the bay by any chance?:$

Last two year North has been one win from the GF and Richmond are yet to win a final.
Would have made the GF last year without the "rub of the green" Wegales BS.
Yeah but in reality North were just about as far from a flag as we were.
Two of the last three years we have been a game from top 4, I dont think either of our teams can win it without first winning enough games to finish H&A in top 4, I think Richmond's team is more consistent through the home and away games than North therefore more likely to get the double chance needed to win a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back