FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like I'm almost done with superhero shows for a bit, still haven't caught up with the last few episodes of Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow started ok but I'm not going to stick with it, imo Flash is the best of the bunch now and I'll check it out when it gets back but even then its not something I'm hanging out for.

Shame that Suits is done again as the current season was the best its been since the very beginning.

Only a few episodes to go with Luther which has been good, its nothing original but the UK setting makes a nice change and Idris Elba is good enough in the role to really make the difference.

Archer is back in a few weeks and would love to see it have one more really great season.

Generally don't watch super heroes and vampires, only clever Vampires like Dracula. And walking dead people.Nope.... I am Legend , was great but that's enough.

Shoutout to War and Peace. Favourite series of 2016 so far.

A really wonderful and faithful adaptation of Tolstoy. Paul Dano is in that best actors going around category, crushes it at Bezukhov. A host of other Brits playing the key roles, most of whom I've never seen in anything else, but they all suit the various parts really well. Jessie Buckley who plays Marya is one to watch.
This is great. The bad guy from Happy Valley (James Norton) is a star of the future and plays Bolkonsky in this. Paul Dano is wonderful. Great cast and production in general.

I'm watching Blindspot after seeing the first couple of episodes on a plane. i'm interested in the overarching story but the 'crime of the week' stuff which takes up a hugely disproportional amount of time (as of episode 12) is as dull and forumlaic as it gets and unlike The Blacklist which at least has James Spader to watch during the boring stuff this has the most generic and wooden (and at times barely understandable) male lead in history.

I'm watching Blindspot after seeing the first couple of episodes on a plane. i'm interested in the overarching story but the 'crime of the week' stuff which takes up a hugely disproportional amount of time (as of episode 12) is as dull and forumlaic as it gets and unlike The Blacklist which at least has James Spader to watch during the boring stuff this has the most generic and wooden (and at times barely understandable) male lead in history.
I have read or just about finished a book called the 5th Wave, now I've just discovered its a movie, well the book is very readable and perfect for a doomsday movie.
I will finish it before I come back on here!

Three episodes into The Night Manager which is Le Carre adaption - very good so far & they didn't skimp on the locations budget, looks great & is an intriguing story.

War & Peace (mentioned above) also sounds good & will be next in line.

If there is one series you HAVE to watch its 'Mad Dogs', the US version.
God damm it's good, quality cast, suspenseful plot for the whole 10 eps and wicked theme.

Do yourself a favour....

Bad news is the planned second series never went ahead, so soak up the 10 episodes

If there is one series you HAVE to watch its 'Mad Dogs', the US version.
God damm it's good, quality cast, suspenseful plot for the whole 10 eps and wicked theme.

Do yourself a favour....

Bad news is the planned second series never went ahead, so soak up the 10 episodes
I got halfway through but didn't captivate me as much as I thought it would.

anyone got any comedy recommendations from the last 5 years or so that doesnt include the following which i have either seen or am watching

Always Sunny
Peep Show
IT Crowd
Arrested Development
Nathan For You
Review with Forrest McNeil
New Girl
Last Man on Earth
Happy Endings
Saxondale
Broad City
The League

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty upset that Muppet, The Grinder and Grandfathered got cancelled. All very good shows I thought.
Grandfathered was an okay show. The series finale was really soppy and too cliched for my liking.

I'm more disappointed Castle was cancelled. No more Stana Katic every week :(

anyone got any comedy recommendations from the last 5 years or so that doesnt include the following which i have either seen or am watching

Always Sunny
Peep Show
IT Crowd
Arrested Development
Nathan For You
New Girl
Last Man on Earth
Happy Endings
Saxondale
Broad City
The League
Veep, Workaholics, Wilfred (US version), Louie, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Parks & Recreation, Ash vs Evil Dead are all quality.

Series I'm currently watching:
Game of Thrones - Season 6
Adventure Time - Season 5
Robot Chicken - Season 8
Mr Pickles - Season 2
Veep - Season 5
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season 3
Peep Show - Season 7
Better Call Saul - Season 1
NCIS - Season 13

Always Sunny
Peep Show
IT Crowd
Arrested Development
Nathan For You
New Girl
Last Man on Earth
Happy Endings
Saxondale
Broad City
The League

Bored to Death is great.

Always Sunny
Peep Show
IT Crowd
Arrested Development
Nathan For You
New Girl
Last Man on Earth
Happy Endings
Saxondale
Broad City
The League