Opinion Who do you think are going to be the break out players in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

No offense intended Mad Sainter but I prefer to use the term "JET" for a player who is foremost extremely fast and good in other ways as well.
I share your optimism over Acres, I think he's going to be great, but I can't describe him as extremely fast so I believe the term jet is inappropriate here.
Does anyone share this view? or am I being needlessly pedantic?

No offense intended Mad Sainter but I prefer to use the term "JET" for a player who is foremost extremely fast and good in other ways as well.
I share your optimism over Acres, I think he's going to be great, but I can't describe him as extremely fast so I believe the term jet is inappropriate here.
I wouldn't get too dogmatic about it, but yes, on the whole, I concur.

I fell into agreeance with your point of view when I overheard a bloke last year refer to Goldstein as a Jet.
He had me pulling a few 'o_O:drunk:' like faces at my mate.

Rolls Royce?

Saw Acres and Holmes today and for a man of 203 odd centimeters Acres wasnt that much shorter then him at all. The kid is easily over 190cms

the original and only jet

View attachment 212157

Jason Terry...

JASON TERRY!!!!!!

dewaho6 seriously...

This is what a Jet looks like! I saw him in action last week... Jet! And he is smiling at you cause he knows its true! hahaha!

Smiling DeRoz.jpg

If you need an example that is closer to home, this guy is kind of the poster boy for Jet... I hate him, but it is true...

patrick-dangerfield.jpg

Oh and this guy is what a Jet looks like as he is on the verge of becoming a Jet! All baby faced and stuff!

Jack Billings.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fell into agreeance with your point of view when I overheard a bloke last year refer to Goldstein as a Jet.
He had me pulling a few 'o_O:drunk:' like faces at my mate.
Then again, not all jets are alike :cool:

e356163f210ef4c917247b440ddd4482.jpg

Acres will be a beast.

Billings is a weapon.

Freeman will be a jet.

Ross will be a machine.

McCartin will be a force.

Dunstan will be an animal.

Goddard will be a general.

Lonie will be a freak.

Rice will be RULER OF THE GALAXIES

As a bit of trivia Acres uncle Barry has held the best 800m time by a West Australian of 1:45.7 since 1988. He has got the bloodlines to be a beast.

I didnt meant jet in specific reference to his speed although he is a very good distance runner. I was more just saying he was going to be a good player imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back