Who Has Played One Season Too Many? 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Better than the expensive shots your club were handing out.

images

I liked it

Sorry when did Schulz play the 3rd tall for Port?

Also since when is Johnson a 3rd tall. This comparison is just crap.

I think you are too excited by all things port. I didn't say he played the role as the 3rd tall but said he could. What I did say was:

"He's also very capable providing forward pressure and leading up the wing. He's played that role before and if his legs hold up, he can do it again in 2016".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 from each club who potentially could look back at 2016 and regret it

Adelaide - Nathan Van Berlo - should have retired already regardless of 2016

Brisbane - Daniel Merrett - hopefully for Lions sake will be forced out and not needed by mid year

Carlton - Dale Thomas - if he doesn't have a fit season it will be the last 4 seasons he hasn't been fit, with just 30 + whatever he plays this year in 4 years

Collingwood - don't think anyone on their list fits the bill of it, but maybe Blair, Macaffer and Goldsack will be edged out at end of 2016 (and they should if the Pies want to go back to the top regardless of 2010)

Essendon - Adam Cooney

Fremantle - Matthew Pavlich

Geelong - Corey Enright

Gold Coast - Nick Malceski

GWS - Dawson Simpson - not a whole lot of options though

Hawthorn - Shaun Burgoyne - unlikely but with his accomplishments a season of injuries would be an unfortunate way to finish his career

Melbourne - Jack Watts - obviously not a retiree option but maybe he will think he should have looked elsewhere to further his career?

North - Daniel Wells - if injuries get him I can't see him finishing the year out

Port - Jay Schulz

Richmond - Ivan Maric

St Kilda - Sam Gilbert

Sydney - Ted Richards

West Coast - Sam Butler

Western Bulldogs - Will Minson

Would think most of those are obvious. Must admit I was surprised last year (maybe just unaware of contracts) that Pav, Richards, Minson and Enright went on in 2016, regardless of form (Enright, Richards & Pav huge parts of their sides too but still)

Pretty spot on I think

Why stupid?
Bank another couple of hundred k with no pressure to perform. Sounds like a win-win to me.
I suppose that if they only play 1 year people will probably forget they even did play.
I just think it would of been better for those players to go down as 1 club players.

I suppose that if they only play 1 year people will probably forget they even did play.
I just think it would of been better for those players to go down as 1 club players.

Possibly...its not like theyre legends of the game though.

Club legends maybe, but I dont think their careers will be tarnished by playing an extra year.

Just funny that Essendon now have a pharmacist as coach, an ex PED suspendee and an ex convicted coke dealer.

Just funny that Essendon now have a pharmacist as coach, an ex PED suspendee and an ex convicted coke dealer.

It's like reading Facebook comments.

Troy Menzel
Lachie Henderson
Chris Yarran

Last year.
You missed the point of the OP. The above named spent one if not more years too many at Carlton. Not in the AFL. 2016 will prove this

You missed the point of the OP. The above named spent one if not more years too many at Carlton. Not in the AFL. 2016 will prove this
Jesus mate. Really? Perhaps I needed to put one of these ( :):$;):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O:rolleyes::cry::drunk::straining::thumbsu::thumbsdown::footy::rainbow::fire:) on there so people, such as yourself, might recognise, you know, a joke.

Last edited:
Jesus mate. Really? Perhaps I needed to put one of these ( :):$;):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O:rolleyes::cry::drunk::straining::thumbsu::thumbsdown::footy::rainbow::fire:) on there so people, such as yourself, might recognise, you know, a joke.
Well, yeah! From a Carlton supporter I thought you were having a dig at the three departees. How was I to know you were joking?o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back