NFL Who Will Win the Super Bowl this Season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows, wait to see who makes it first.

Is there any reason Detroit for example don't deserve to be discussed?

Why couldn't Indianapolis or Pittsburgh do some damage?

mmmm I reaon Pats got Indy's measure and if them or Pittsburugh have to got to Foxborough...tough ask

I like Detroit but I think Seattle are just timing their run perfectly and will probably come out of NFC but this could change if Packers get HFA...although Seattle are the only team I believe that can win at Lambeau...

I will probably be wrong this is why it is a great discussion...so many teams are capable this year.

mmmm I reaon Pats got Indy's measure and if them or Pittsburugh have to got to Foxborough...tough ask

I like Detroit but I think Seattle are just timing their run perfectly and will probably come out of NFC but this could change if Packers get HFA...although Seattle are the only team I believe that can win at Lambeau...

I will probably be wrong this is why it is a great discussion...so many teams are capable this year.

I don't have a problem with any of those opinions.

There's nothing wrong with thinking a team will win it. There is something wrong with acting like only a team can win it.

There are always upsets in the playoffs though. I remember thinking the Superbowl champion Saints were montys to repeat the NFC championship, and they got knocked off first round. Might just see something like that happen to Seattle, who knows?

In all seriousness....so what's gone wrong post-spygate in terms of a lack of Lombardis. They won like 3 in 4 years, and then nothing. What in your opinion has been the reason for that?

Well we played the Giants in the Super Bowl twice and stuffed up both times - but not much in either game and could gave gone either way. The good thing is that should we make it this year, the Giants aren't there!

All I know is that I will be at the Super Bowl in Phoenix on Feb 1 irrespective whether Pats make it. Ticket cost just shy of $4k (end zone).

I don't have a problem with any of those opinions.

There's nothing wrong with thinking a team will win it. There is something wrong with acting like only a team can win it.

There are always upsets in the playoffs though. I remember thinking the Superbowl champion Saints were montys to repeat the NFC championship, and they got knocked off first round. Might just see something like that happen to Seattle, who knows?
Looks like there's a chance they'll travel to the 8-8 Saints in the Wildcard

dat revenge tho...

Looks like there's a chance they'll travel to the 8-8 Saints in the Wildcard

dat revenge tho...

Would be a heck of a bookend.

It's not uncommon at this time of year to think that the Superbowl champions are unstoppable. The playoffs are always different though.

Heck, one of my fondest memories is the Eagles knocking off the reigning champion Giants who were supposedly monty's to repeat in that '08/09 run.

This board has a proud history of having a number of good posters who, despite their team having gone through patches of dominance and success, have maintained their quality of posting, and avoided carrying on like asshats. Your Woodson's of the world spring to mind. Always had respect for fuey even when the Packers were dominant, and yes, I'll regret it for ever but Dagless's punk ass.

There are other long time posters who have been around for a long time and haven't stopped posting despite not having had any real marked success during that time. MarcusP2 springs to mind. Of course your sad band of Raiders fans like you and manureid. s**t, despite the fact that it'll kill me a little bit if Dallas have any success I'll probably have part of me that inside says good on you to Chism for being around and being willing to cop the s**t during the bad times. I love trolling/arguing with JeffDunne as much as the next guy, and he's unbearably good at the trash talking when the Saints are good, but he's also around when things go wrong.

(not snubbing anyone deliberately, just the names that first leapt to mind.

Any one of those people trash talk me, I'll take it in stride and throw some s**t back. Why? Because they've earned respect for being fans, and because they've shown that they can contribute more to the board than just rocking up to chest beat when things are easy and they're winning.

There's always that other lot though. The mob who want to turn up when their teams on top, do nothing but talk s**t, and be respected as real fans. No time for them.
Well with the NFL getting bigger in Australia you may have to toughen up with more posters starting to join these threads.

Maybe use the ignore button so you can stay safe in your own little 5 person posting world.

Would be a heck of a bookend.

It's not uncommon at this time of year to think that the Superbowl champions are unstoppable. The playoffs are always different though.

Heck, one of my fondest memories is the Eagles knocking off the reigning champion Giants who were supposedly monty's to repeat in that '08/09 run.
NFC Championship Game was good that year as well, Eagles came all the way back from an un-winable position and the Cards looked done

NFC Championship Game was good that year as well, Eagles came all the way back from an un-winable position and the Cards looked done

I still have nightmares about that missed tackle on fourth and one.

So close. We beat Pitt early that year too in a defensive sackfest.

Nothing to do with toughen up, everything to do with no one giving a s**t about anything that you post.
You're in a prediction thread yet can't give a prediction.

And I have ever right to be confident of Seattles chances - there is very little between us, Pats, Denver and Green Bay. Our home record is so good that if we can grab home field advantage we will start strong favourites in each playoff game. Sure we could drop a game but I make more money punting on the NFL than any other sport - it's a favourites paradise.

You're in a prediction thread yet can't give a prediction.

And I have ever right to be confident of Seattles chances - there is very little between us, Pats, Denver and Green Bay. Our home record is so good that if we can grab home field advantage we will start strong favourites in each playoff game. Sure we could drop a game but I make more money punting on the NFL than any other sport - it's a favourites paradise.
Has your bank balance hit one million dollars too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see Indi as a team that can get hot.

There is the capacity for Luck to have a few big games in a throw where Hilton/Nicks etc just haul in the big plays.

Indy's D / pass rush and Steelers D/ secondary = NO where near it needs to be to contain the opposing teams scoring 30+. Sure, Willie Gay has taken each of three picks back to the house.. but I'm 20/80 confident if anything that the Steelers can be any value this post-season/ let alone this week vs KC. Perhaps it's good news to have low expectation as upset results are a given in play-offs.

Detroit are my smokies to light it up.

Indy's D / pass rush and Steelers D/ secondary = NO where near it needs to be to contain the opposing teams scoring 30+. Sure, Willie Gay has taken each of three picks back to the house.. but I'm 20/80 confident if anything that the Steelers can be any value this post-season/ let alone this week vs KC. Perhaps it's good news to have low expectation as upset results are a given in play-offs.

Detroit are my smokies to light it up.
Tebow was the worst passing QB of all time...

Scorched the best D in football for 316 yds in 2011, anything can happen

I would back the Steelers to have a good D come playoffs, it's just what happens in Pittsburgh

Only issue with Seattle is they lynch centric in offence which is more of an issue playoff time
Watch Wilson play and tell me again it's an issue if the offense needs to rely on him...

Hint: It ain't...

Not being asked to /= not being able to. The subpar blocking he gets and what he's still able to do shows that he has what it takes.

Either way, a team being able to rely on their run offense is normally a boon in playoffs, it's teams that are too QB oriented that are more likely to struggle IMO.

Watch Wilson play and tell me again it's an issue if the offense needs to rely on him...

Hint: It ain't...

Not being asked to /= not being able to. The subpar blocking he gets and what he's still able to do shows that he has what it takes.

Either way, a team being able to rely on their run offense is normally a boon in playoffs, it's teams that are too QB oriented that are more likely to struggle IMO.
I've said a few times on this thread and from a few weeks ago that I think Seattle will win the lot purely because a big running back getting good numbers at the right end of the season in the middle of winter (as Lynch is) will go along way.

His numbers last 8 games have been terrific.

But it is a double edged sword. While he is in my view, worthy of MVP discussion purely because without him the Seattle offence would fall away significantly, if he gets injured( which touch wood he won't) or has an off game at the wrong time, Seattle's defence would have to come up with some Herculean efforts to stay level.

It will be interesting to see if one of the perceived outsider teams can get hot and cause an upset.
Just imagine if New Orleans or whoever wins there gets hot. The odds on new Orleans just to make the superbowl would justifiably be quite high but....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back