Who's gonna finish 8th?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Freo drop the Richmond game tomorrow they won't make it.

Unlikely. They could still make it if the result go the right way. They would need to roll us at the Docklands though.

If you scored 112 vs 100 then that would equate to a percentage rise of 0.21%.

Also depends on the result of the essendon game as to how big the gap is, obviously. 1% isn't much

But if essendon also lose to tigers then does it open the door for saints maybe?

Essendon beating Carlton but losing to Richmond and Collingwood
Carlton losing to Essendon and beating Gold Coast and Saints
Fremantle losing to Richmond and North and beating Melbourne
Saints losing to Carlton and beating GWS
Richmond win all 3 games.

That would turn it into a 4 way drunken bar brawl on 12 wins between Essendon, Fremantle, Carlton and Richmond where the highest percentage would take 8th spot.

I hope it's Freo so the AFL can have a derby week one of the finals. I think the best looking finals is with the eight like this.

Swans
Crows
Magpies
Hawks
Eagles
Cats
Roos
Dockers

Footy in four states with all games the potential to be rippers.

West Coast v Fremantle

Local Derby no need to say anymore

Geelong v North Melbourne

Scott brother v Scott brother as much as they would want to play it down.

Adelaide v Collingwood

Victoria's biggest club heading over to take on the pride of the crow eaters.

Sydney v Hawthorn (as long as it's at the SCG)

Send the best player in the league to Sydney to show his skills.

Also depends on the result of the essendon game as to how big the gap is, obviously. 1% isn't much

12 points can be a bit in a lower scoring game, but yeah, one team winning a bit and another losing by a bit can make a big difference.

I think this time on Saturday night should make the picture a lot clearer, perhaps. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm leaning towards Freo.

Elimination finals

Most likely:

West Coast v Fremantle
North v Geelong

Next likely:

North v Fremantle
West Coast v Geelong

If Eagles beat port and lose their next 2 games they could be passed by Geelong and/or North depending, those hoping for a derby would probably need Eagles winning more than 1 of their next 3 games.

Would happily take an 'away' final against Geelong week one.

My fear at the moment is West Coast may drop to sixth and North may have to head west.

If Eagles beat port and lose their next 2 games they could be passed by Geelong and/or North depending, those hoping for a derby would probably need Eagles winning more than 1 of their next 3 games.

Percentage is still a factor

Eagles beat port by 30ish, lose to Collingwood by 30ish and Hawthorn by 60ish.

North Lose to Collingwood by >20, win against Freo by 30 and GWS by 85ish

North finish 5th. Eagles finish 6th or 7th depending on Geelongs percentage.

Geelong still have Bulldogs in round 22 and Sydney in round 23. Sydney will be tough.

Geelong currently lead North by 1 win and 0.63% and are equal with West Coast but trail them by ~8%.

Geelong win both and they finish 5th and play Freo. North host West Coast at Docklands.

Will have to beat one of Collingwood or Hawthorn to make 5th,if we manage that i'd be more than comfortable to take on the Dockers week one.

Nobody talking about Carlton. If they can beat Essendon I'd back them in. Starting to get their best 22 back and will get a nice boost against a decimated Gold Coast. Also the final game against St.Kilda just got a lot easier now they are out of the running.

If we don't beat Freo tomorrow (today!), the number of possibilities decreases dramatically. Don't fancy our chances.

Nobody talking about Carlton. If they can beat Essendon I'd back them in. Starting to get their best 22 back and will get a nice boost against a decimated Gold Coast. Also the final game against St.Kilda just got a lot easier now they are out of the running.
They'll have to overtake Freo on percentage, and they have Melbourne at Subiaco round 23

would be happy to slide to 6th and play north at home

1337575154hulk-smash-gif.gif

Would happily take an 'away' final against Geelong week one.

My fear at the moment is West Coast may drop to sixth and North may have to head west.
That is the way i see it at the moment.
How Hawthorn performs against the Eagles and how we go against the Giants will alter who has a home final.
Well get 40k plus to Etihad if we draw the Eagles. That would be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back