Israel, Palestine, and everything related

Remove this Banner Ad

'Conversing' - that's a big word for you.

And what aus media are you exactly referring to? Fairfax media, the abc, guardian, 60 minutes etc.. (Not to mention overseas sources such as CNN, BBC etc) are all heavily pro Palestinian and anti Israel. So where is all this "brainwashing" coming from? As I've said, I've lived in the region and have friends who are both Jewish and Arab (muslim and Christians). You're the one who is blind. I've got news for you, most Israeli arabs support Israel and hold high positions in their respective fields including the IDF. But you wouldnt hear about that in the pro Palestinian media we get fed.

The fact is, I have been responding to your posts with facts and current issues that are actually happening, and all you've done is called me handicapped, say I'm wrong (without any supporting evidence) and posted childish propaganda cartoons. You look like the one who is 'brainwashed'. Another poster came in and reaffirmed this to you. If I was so wrong as you say, you would have proved me wrong, without resorting to name calling. But you cant, because I am right and understand the situation better than you. Like I said, go read the facts, go look at it from the other side's perspective for once to get a full rounded view. I don't support everything Israel does, I am against their settlement expansion in the West Bank. But you are so one eyed it makes you look like a bigot and a fool.

Here's some financial oppression, sourced from your own news.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-freezes-palestinian-funds-after-icc-bid/#.VKh5uEQK-SU.facebook

I do know is we shouldn't go around saying "its not our fight" - and yet vote against Palestinian n statehood @ the UN - cause it clearly is our fight in that case? Another thing I do not know, but I think is this; if you treat people like s**t in prison like conditions, building large walls around water and such. they will grow up to hate you. And there is more chance of in the future some poor Israeli tree or bus might get hit with a homemade firework. Thirdly the arabs that the IDF keep making life tough on, have several grievances. I know it would be convenient if they "gave them up" however that seems somewhat unrealistic.

I dont have the solution but the current situation seems somewhat unfair?

However the jews have the nukes and such they can do as they please

again, it is hard to take a view on the vote unless you know the resolution or understand the long term plan. something, I don't know either.

out of interest, would you support the white australia policy today? would you support segregation?

I think just flipping the debate around like that highlights how complex this issue is whilst the debate focuses on all the principles the discrimination act tries to prevent. Maybe a better solution/ compromise is progressing the one nation (Israel) but continue to have strong states (self governance) and the principle of local say for local issues.

who knows! "They" clearly don't!

I can't be bothered with you anymore.... I generally don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
Just one last message for you.
View attachment 101109

Bahahha!! Wow ease up big fella.

Here it is again for all to see! Resorting to childish bigotry!

Nothing but blind hate (much like your terrorist friends) and you validate me again and again but this is my favourite.

big call; may be they support stability. who knows.

what is certain is, it isn't our fight and even if it was only education and prosperity will fix this issue. So which model is likely to generate that outcome the fastest?
I would like to think that if it isn't our fight, why didn't we abstain like many other countries including UK? Instead together with US were the only two countries that voted against.

I would like to think that if it isn't our fight, why didn't we abstain like many other countries including UK? Instead together with US were the only two countries that voted against.

I think if you can answer what the full resolution was, what the impact of that resolution is and what the long term plan is, then we can answer that question.

I have proposed a simple question above being "would you support the white Australia policy today and support segregation?"

hey, I don't know the answer to the issue but jumping on a bandwagon without understanding the issue in detail is no better than the Palestinians and Israelis pulling on their guernseys.

oh and read the history of the party protectionist act; it is quite clever and could help this troubled area.

Lastly, I would hope Australia can help rather than turn its back on the issue. but we should treat both side fairly rather than take sides. turning your back on issues, if you can help is cowardly. but that needs to be balanced by getting too involved which is stupidity.

I think if you can answer what the full resolution was, what the impact of that resolution is and what the long term plan is, then we can answer that question.

I have proposed a simple question above being "would you support the white Australia policy today and support segregation?"

hey, I don't know the answer to the issue but jumping on a bandwagon without understanding the issue in detail is no better than the Palestinians and Israelis pulling on their guernseys.

oh and read the history of the party protectionist act; it is quite clever and could help this troubled area.

Lastly, I would hope Australia can help rather than turn its back on the issue. but we should treat both side fairly rather than take sides. turning your back on issues, if you can help is cowardly. but that needs to be balanced by getting too involved which is stupidity.
????!!!!
Have no idea what you are on about. What is wrong with abstaining?

You abstain after you have been crystal about the aspects of the motion which you are unable to support,argue for their alteration or for the parameters to be examined.Failing to have anything shift toward your interpretation and principles;you abstain.
“The United kingdom supports much of the content of the draft resolution. It is therefore with deep regret that we abstained from it,” said UK ambassador to the UN, Mark Lyall Grant. “We are disappointed that the normal and necessary negotiation did not take place on this occasion.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that answering my question? As I still don't understand your answer.

1) what is the point of abstaining on issues. Surely the reason why it is put to a vote is to have international buy in and to resolves issues two disputing parties can't do themselves.

2) Do you know what the resolution was, the impact of the resolution and how that fits into a long term plan? I don't know either but you can't comment on whether voting yes, no or abstaining is appropriate until you understand the consequences.

3) If we can make a positive difference by action (voting) then is that better or worse than doing nothing (abstaining)?

Google is good, try it.

So the answer is yes. You do know what the resolution was, what its impact was and how that fits into the long term plan.

Please enlighten me or post a link that outlines those three elements.

You abstain after you have been crystal about the aspects of the motion which you are unable to support,argue for their alteration or for the parameters to be examined.Failing to have anything shift toward your interpretation and principles;you abstain.
“The United kingdom supports much of the content of the draft resolution. It is therefore with deep regret that we abstained from it,” said UK ambassador to the UN, Mark Lyall Grant. “We are disappointed that the normal and necessary negotiation did not take place on this occasion.”

what elements were they not happy with?

will the resolution be put forward again after negotiation?

I do but i dont think women should be able to vote

hang on

are we not one of only two countries that choose to vote against hence jumping into the mess?

and do we not get involved in the mess historically by being best buddies

may be you're right

I don't know as I don't know why people chose to abstain or vote it down. What elements did the UK dislike to not vote yes?

We have to remember Australia's vote for no is just another vote. but the UK's vote no triggers veto.

That may explain to the abstain over a no.

The UKs vote no triggers veto ours does not

So the answer is yes. You do know what the resolution was, what its impact was and how that fits into the long term plan.

Please enlighten me or post a link that outlines those three elements.
"to win a United Nations Security Council resolution mandating an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank"
Do I know more than 8 countries that voted for, or 5 that abstained, or the two that voted against? The answer is no, do you?
This is an opinion forum, few of us are experts in foreign affairs but sometimes it is useful to abstain so as not to alienate one group against the other until you can ascertain what the result of voting for or against are.

"to win a United Nations Security Council resolution mandating an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank"
Do I know more than 8 countries that voted for, or 5 that abstained, or the two that voted against? The answer is no, do you?
This is an opinion forum, few of us are experts in foreign affairs but sometimes it is useful to abstain so as not to alienate one group against the other until you can ascertain what the result of voting for or against are.

if you think that is the right decision based on your knowledge, then that is a reasonable opinion. If you feel your opinion is based on limited knowledge, I'm not sure pulling on guernseys helps anyone.

Personally I don't know enough about the subject but something resonated with me after watching a program tonight on SBS about Australia's first race riots. The Premier of Victoria shut down the concept of race and historical differences by simply highlighting "Australia was a better nation than to for its people to succumb to old world issues". He then passed the party protectionist act stopping people from using colours and flags to incite race hatred.

This bold or visionary leader changed history and promoted coming together rather than segregation.

That is why I ask would you prefer this position or the white Australia policy introduced to settle our next racial riots.

What would have been the outcome If the UK had voted for? How would out vote affected the outcome?

So if everyone abstains what happens?

or is the real issue that we voted with the US?

if you think that is the right decision based on your knowledge, then that is a reasonable opinion. If you feel your opinion is based on limited knowledge, I'm not sure pulling on guernseys helps anyone.

Personally I don't know enough about the subject but something resonated with me after watching a program tonight on SBS about Australia's first race riots. The Premier of Victoria shut down the concept of race and historical differences by simply highlighting "Australia was a better nation than to for its people to succumb to old world issues". He then passed the party protectionist act stopping people from using colours and flags to incite race hatred.

This bold or visionary leader changed history and promoted coming together rather than segregation.

That is why I ask would you prefer this position or the white Australia policy introduced to settle our next racial riots.
I really find it difficult to respond to you when you bring in race, White Australia policy etc.
I don't see it as Jews and Arabs, Palestinian and Israelis.
I see it more as a right to land and to live in peace. The US seems to have an unnecessary big interest in this, not sure we need to follow.
As long as the US does hold that influence, not sure that any peaceful outcome will be achieved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back