Vic Why is the Andrews government refusing to co-operate with the police?

Remove this Banner Ad

They misused $388,000 in taxpayer funds by paying electorate officers to carry out political campaigning in breach of parliamentary rules.

Then spent $1 million of taxpayer's money to try and prevent the investigation.

We still don't know if what the ALP did was illegal because all the MPs, including Premier Daniel Andrews, refused to cooperate with the Ombudsman's inquiry, they have refused to cooperate with the police, and the police investigation has allegedly been impaired by interference from senior figures in force command.

It goes back to my question in the thread title. Why is the Andrews government refusing to co-operate with the police? All we've seen is deflection.
Sorry to spoil a good story but factually wrong in regard to payment and costs (C). The party repaid the cash earlier this year.

This is something the Murdoch Press also fails to report on.

2018-11-26_180715.jpg

They misused $388,000 in taxpayer funds by paying electorate officers to carry out political campaigning in breach of parliamentary rules.

Then spent $1 million of taxpayer's money to try and prevent the investigation.

We still don't know if what the ALP did was illegal because all the MPs, including Premier Daniel Andrews, refused to cooperate with the Ombudsman's inquiry, they have refused to cooperate with the police, and the police investigation has allegedly been impaired by interference from senior figures in force command.

It goes back to my question in the thread title. Why is the Andrews government refusing to co-operate with the police? All we've seen is deflection.
The bolded is alleged, and of the list of things you've discussed is the only illegal thing in there. The money itself has been paid back.

Forgive me if I'm not as outraged as you seem to be.

The bolded is alleged, and of the list of things you've discussed is the only illegal thing in there. The money itself has been paid back.

He has to hang his hat on some distraction after such an electoral walloping. He is a fully subscribed member of the raving ratbag right (RRR) and misdirection when things are going awry is the way they roll. ;)

Notice he disappeared after I posted the report and that the money had been paid back?

Facts are a nasty thing.:)

Paying the money back doesn't absolve them of the initial misuse of taxpayer's money though, does it?

You can't just rob a bank and then - if caught* - give the money back and that's the end of it. You're punished for the initial theft, not for keeping the money (I assume, anyway - please correct me if I'm wrong there).

The fact that they did it in the first place shows they're untrustworthy (untrustworthy politicians - who'd have thought?!), paying the money back doesn't change that.

*And let's be honest, the ALP only paid the money back because they were caught; Andrews didn't just suddenly have a change of heart and decide/realize that misusing taxpayer's money is wrong.

Paying the money back doesn't absolve them of the initial misuse of taxpayer's money though, does it?
No, but you also shouldn't perpetuate lies. Like most things, let the law decide.

Sorry, I'm not following. What are the lies being perpetuated?

I only made my post because there have been quite a few mentions of the money being paid back, as if it means anything other than they got caught.
Post #50 and I showed where he was wrong.

Caught or not the enquiry penalised them plus 25% of amount paid to the staffers and they also repaid legal cost back to the government.

To me that is they were caught and paid the price plus. Not dissimilar to a court of law. Should be the end of it.

Admitting not a good look but what is the point of flogging a dead horse?

Post #50 and I showed where he was wrong.

Caught or not the enquiry penalised them plus 25% of amount paid to the staffers and they also repaid legal cost back to the government.

To me that is they were caught and paid the price plus. Not dissimilar to a court of law. Should be the end of it.

Admitting not a good look but what is the point of flogging a dead horse?

I still can't see any lies - it seems you're accusing sorted of claiming that the ALP didn't pay back the money, but I can't see where he said that.

Anyway, maybe I'm just dense.

As for the bolded, I think we both know politics doesn't work like that! People of all sides love bringing up past indiscretions of their rivals, why would this one be any different?

I still can't see any lies - it seems you're accusing sorted of claiming that the ALP didn't pay back the money, but I can't see where he said that.

Anyway, maybe I'm just dense.

As for the bolded, I think we both know politics doesn't work like that! People of all sides love bringing up past indiscretions of their rivals, why would this one be any different?
I not a fan of half a story, much like some sections of MSM report, misleading clickbait. Maybe that is just me but I prefer full facts.

In your case you posted the payment and questioned what they did and what would have happened if they hadn't got caught. Which was fair enough and I am not condoning what they did as I for one expect a higher standard from politicians, no matter which side.

I am glad that they got caught and they had to pay 25% more than was used (thought that was good and unusual).

I also agree that both sides love bringing up indiscretions although most tell the full story as surely the indiscretion in itself is enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They misused $388,000 in taxpayer funds... then spent $1 million of taxpayer's money to try and prevent the investigation
Ripper, sounds like money well spent.

1.4 million dollars pissed down the drain is nothing compared to how much money the Libtards would have "misused".

Notice he disappeared after I posted the report

LOL. I make no apology for having a life outside this website.

Facts are a nasty thing.:)

They sure are, and I'm happy to correct your mistruths and your telling of half the story.

Firstly, the $388,000 figure that was repaid was an calculated minimum amount based on scant evidence. The actual figure was probably much higher but the Ombudsman was unable to investigate the matter fully because the ALP refused to cooperate with her department.

The ALP have continued their non cooperation by refusing to talk to the police. On 27th July Daniel Andrews was asked in relation to the police enquiry 'If they ask you to give evidence, will you give evidence'? He replied

'Everybody should cooperate and everybody will'. He lied.

Also, the ALP have not paid the 25% on top of the $388,000 falsely charged to the DPS, or repaid any of the costs incurred by the taxpayer, estimated by
the ABC to be $1.3 million.

upload_2018-11-27_19-54-50.png
Andrews has not apologised to Parliament, and in a press conference made an apology when you are not making an apology.

'I made it very clear yesterday that I think we would all prefer that things had been done differently, I apologise for the fact they were not, that is the end of the matter, of course leaving the reform work, which will be done'.

He has to hang his hat on some distraction after such an electoral walloping. He is a fully subscribed member of the raving ratbag right (RRR) and misdirection when things are going awry is the way they roll. ;)

I'm pretty sure I brought up this matter before the election. And I'm also pretty sure I voted for John Eren - again. It's probably outside your wheelhouse that someone might point out abuse of public funds by a state government and also vote for a good local member. Whom, incidentally, has been shafted in Daniel Andrews virtue signalling cabinet reshuffle.

Ah self posting, the domain of the rightwing crazy.

You keep keep bumping your own conspiracy theory periodically, nothing will keep happening.

One minute I'm accused of 'disappearing' from the thread. Nek minut I'm accused of self posting and 'keep keep' bumping my own conspiracy theory.

You crazy!

LOL. I make no apology for having a life outside this website.

They sure are, and I'm happy to correct your mistruths and your telling of half the story.

Firstly, the $388,000 figure that was repaid was an calculated minimum amount based on scant evidence. The actual figure was probably much higher but the Ombudsman was unable to investigate the matter fully because the ALP refused to cooperate with her department.

The ALP have continued their non cooperation by refusing to talk to the police. On 27th July Daniel Andrews was asked in relation to the police enquiry 'If they ask you to give evidence, will you give evidence'? He replied

'Everybody should cooperate and everybody will'. He lied.

Also, the ALP have not paid the 25% on top of the $388,000 falsely charged to the DPS, or repaid any of the costs incurred by the taxpayer, estimated by
the ABC to be $1.3 million.

View attachment 589292
Andrews has not apologised to Parliament, and in a press conference made an apology when you are not making an apology.

'I made it very clear yesterday that I think we would all prefer that things had been done differently, I apologise for the fact they were not, that is the end of the matter, of course leaving the reform work, which will be done'.
Oh dear, still have corrected your first line just moved the goal posts, okay.

The rest I will just ignore, thanks.

Nah, I am still around, just replied to another of your posts.

Just can be bothered with click bait posters that are economical with facts.

You claimed you didn't like a half story. But when I filled you in on elements of the story that you had missed and some fairly basic mistruths, you disappeared without making a substantial argument.

You make out like you are even handed and 'expect a higher standard from politicians, no matter which side'. But you continue to act like a one sided ALP shill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back