Why on earth would we do this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the peptide crew.

2 full size replica ovals, massive indoor area, the whole 9 yards plus room to expand....

Makes ours look like a centre for ants.

images

Andrew Newbold said that our facilities are now bottom 8 in the competition. We need to keep improving our facilities to make sure we aren't left behind.

The facilities were great when first developed for the club.

But now they don't look too great. The indoor mini oval as you walk in the door is way too small for what it's intended, even for the boxing and floor exercise a bigger space wouldn't go astray. The gym is too small, and could do with some new more innovative bits and pieces. Theater room still good. Pool too small and feels like a neglected ******* cousin down there..

Can't argue with the Waverley surface and ground though.

(obviously these are small concerns, but in the practical sense for players and training, they are now behind the 8 ball)

Last edited:
I'd sell it to a private school for an inflated price, buy the land in glen Waverley which houses he Waverley blues, and build a massive training facility, including a public gym (with a private gym too) and a swimming pool
The area is in desperate need for a community centre, so I'm sure the council,maned state government could also chip in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The space inside Waverley is now fully used up, an expansion that extended out to the boundary fence line, 2 stories high plus an extra 100 underground car park was being considered to place the facility back in the top 4, but still didn't accommodate indoor training full simulation (like Essendon has). You see our coaches travel the world to uncover the best of the best in science, technology and training space and it's only natural that they believe for the Hawks to retain its place as a competitive club, one of choice by players to join through free agency, this comes at a price.

I am assuming that the cost to build the planned extension which had every bell & whistle asked of vs a full relocation at a greenfield site, it may be the latter in the long term makes more sense.

The club receives full ownership (title) of WP in 2015 from Mirvac, that's the oval and the parts of the building they are housed in that they received when moving from Glenferrie. Not sure what it's worth. Custom built for sport with limited use of the oval, can't be used for competition sport.

Excellent point, this sport isn't the EPL or NFL where the clubs are all privately owned, ground rationalisation for games makes sense now, so why not the same for facilities? If each club is to be equal (sort of) then sharing indoor stadiums or special training facilities is much more practical.

Our club is too soft.
If we can't beat Geelong in a Round 5 game, how the hell can we take on Monash Council?

I say give up now.

There is room over on the Tigers board for you mate.:D
You would fit right in over there.

There is room over on the Tigers board for you mate.:D
You would fit right in over there.

But I AM a Richmond fan!

At least we don't lose to youse Hawthorn guys.
Have you ever won EVEN ONE Premiership?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Apart from a secure training ground, free from spies, what are the major issues?

Would it replace Waverley, or could it co-exist with Waverley?

If it was supplementary to Waverley, not replacing Waverley, could a joint venture with another club/clubs be possible? ( if it was something we only needed 10 hours a week, for example)

Apart from a secure training ground, free from spies, what are the major issues?

Would it replace Waverley, or could it co-exist with Waverley?

If it was supplementary to Waverley, not replacing Waverley, could a joint venture with another club/clubs be possible? ( if it was something we only needed 10 hours a week, for example)

I think the club needs one permanent home. I think days of sharing facilities etc should stay in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back