Worst commentators and their catch phrases

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't listening carefully enough, but towards the end of the Melbourne vs Footscray game today, Hammer was pulled up by his fellow commentators for saying something stupid and replied along the lines of: "I've been accused of making up stuff before".
Hopefully somebody else out there heard it or could upload the clip.

I heard it too.

SMART REPLAY is your friend.

Dunstall and Jonathon Brown dished out the worst anti Collingwood commentary I've ever heard. Every time a Suns player got a questionable free kick, they would say "that was an obvious free kick" and "great umpiring". Every time a Collingwood player didn't get a free kick they should have got, they would say "there was nothing in it". There was one time Jesse White almost had his head decapitated in a marking attempt and Dunstall was ranting on about how it should have been a free kick to the Suns defender for low contact. The fact that Dunstall genuinely believed in his own bullshit made me question his sanity. And of course Brown would agree with everything Dunstall said, and Huddo the scrawny nerd, was practically bullied into joining in the anti Collingwood propaganda.

Dwayne Russell- "That's crazy good", "Baby that's good", "That's a gem"
most annoying voice behind Matt Campbell
Bruce a few weeks ago in Cats vs Pies- every time Cory Gregson got the ball- "the boy from Sacred Heart college"

Richo has got to be the least intelligent commentator, and it shits me. He's not a tosser but just really dumb.

Richo actually isnt dumb at all, he talks slow though which may make him sound stupid. A lot of his comments are bang on and some of his insight is great

Bruce a few weeks ago in Cats vs Pies- every time Cory Gregson got the ball- "the boy from Sacred Heart college"
Those of us from that particular institution have no problem with it, I can assure you.

The same would apply for anyone aligned to "Mick Turner and the Geelong Falcons footy factory" *BT voice

Der-Wayne, when someone is having a shot on goal.
This another expression that pisses me off.

Someone once said "shot on goal" to sound smart & now every bogan thinks it makes them sound intelligent.

It's a "shot at goal".

Sick of these chumps constantly back slapping each other

Bazil: <horrible call complete with flat jokes, wrong player names, contrived puns and zero genuine excitement all the while 3 seconds behind play>

Hame: Great call, Baz

I reckon Channel 7 send these wannabes memos during the week, demanding that they be 'matey' and 'casual' despite them having absolutely no real charisma or on screen chemistry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon Lions game, Dwayne repeated at least 4 times, that the commentary team had some 10 premierships between them or some s**t. Like seriously, we don't listen to the game for you mate or your crews s**t special comments. F sake!

Essendon Lions game, Dwayne repeated at least 4 times, that the commentary team had some 10 premierships between them or some s**t. Like seriously, we don't listen to the game for you mate or your crews s**t special comments. F sake!

Dwayne's commentary dream team would probably be Michael Tuck, Bruce Doull, Martin Pyke and Gary Ayres on special comments.

Whoever it was that came up with that "worm burner" sh*t when a player shanks a kick along the ground.

"So-and-so takes possession and throws it on the boot...ITS A WURM-BURNAH!!!!!"

FML

It might seem a small thing but Jeremy Howe took a mark in the goal square on Sunday and McLachlan yells "Garlett!!!". Those easy mistakes really grind my gears
McLachlan called Jesse Hogan's 3rd goal on Sunday when he out positioned and out muscled Shane Biggs. Hamish called him Roughead who's about 5 inches taller and 15kg heavier than Biggs.

Leigh Matthews joined in on the fun explaining that Roughead isn't the biggest or strongest guy around (especially when he's doing an awesome Shane Biggs impersonation). Forget that the third bloke in on the contest once the mark was paid was Jordan Roughead. The appearance of both Roughead's didn't phase either commentator one bit.

bruce and his two attempted 'motlop isnt home alone tonight' lines last friday, after that idiotic presto promotion revealed it as motlops favourite movie... horrible.

Why can't they commentate like Rabs and co on the Wired World of sports, I know it's not AFL, it's not even real, funny as **** though.

"Turn it up"

"Cmon you turn it it up"

"Hohoh cmon you two turn it up"

Bullshit yes, however better than anything 7 dishes up.
A handful of morons yelling ???

Who were the commentators for the Essendon Brisbane match. They seemed quite good to my untrained ears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back