Worst commentators and their catch phrases

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Riccuito - who let this guy into commentary box? Dying moments of the Port v WCE - game - "Port need to win this" yes mark

And the audible groans when the team he has decided to openly barrack against takes a relieving defensive 50m mark late in the game, while hanging on to a slim lead. Consummate professional, Rooey.

Why can't they commentate like Rabs and co on the Wired World of sports, I know it's not AFL, it's not even real, funny as * though.

"Turn it up"

"Cmon you turn it it up"

"Hohoh cmon you two turn it up"

Bullshit yes, however better than anything 7 dishes up.

Mark Riccuito - who let this guy into commentary box? Dying moments of the Port v WCE - game - "Port need to win this" yes mark
Hahaha I heard and mentioned that to my old man actually I was like "wtf else could they do? Hope the eagles somehow miraculously lose 6 points"

Basils defintley the worst, Commeti is easily the best for mine. And I don't seem to hate BT like everyone else, he makes me laugh with a lot of his comments.

Anthony Hudson's good overall and it's not exactly a catch phrase, but it is annoying when he goes into contrived, ridiculously over-the-top excitement, in what seems to be a blatant 'put this on the next Fox Footy promo' attempt. 'OH GIVE HIM A LONGER CONTRACT!!!!' Ugh...you're a good commentator without that garbage, Huddo.
Spot on. So contrived and fake. I reckon he writes the stuff at home and practices in front of the mirror for months. :D Keep it real, man. He's proficient, but not my cup of tea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ch7 sat arvo crew is the worst in the history of the AFL.

Basil - commentates about 3 seconds behind what is happening in the game. It is clearly a behind, stop hanging your voice wondering if it is a goal or not.

Hame - talks about player's girlfriends all day. i dont care dude, i want to watch football. tries to make smart quips but he has no wit. rompingwings.

Tim Watson - purely there for when there's an essendon game on: "What would Jobe be thinking here, Tim?".

Andrew Welsh - crap player, crap english speaker. you suck.

We need more nerds like Gerard Whately and Huddo. People that have a good grasp of the english language, speak well and also study the game somewhat. you barely see these guys miscall player's names. They know what they're doing because they actually care about their job.

Derwayne's been at his worst today. Desperately trying to ram the 'Giants up, Carlton down hur dur' narrative down our throats.

Repeating the same thing over and over for 3 hours doesn't give it any more impact, you campaigner.

There's something I hate at about nearly every commentator, excluding Cometti (who is top of the tree and will be missed when he retires), Huddo, & BT.

I hate (nearly) every CH7 commentator. Someone else needs to take the rights off them, they're clesry treating AFL like its their right to present it, and they've turned it into an entertainment thing over focusing on the sport.

I hate how Bruce gets gravel- voiced. Sounds like he's having a tug during the play. His back up team are all campaigners who don't deserve careers.

Fox footy used to be good. But derrrrrwayne, Rooey and Dermie need the flick. Ropey can't ever not sound biased, Dermie tries to hard to explain basic concepts, treating the audience like dopes.

Also, I swear. If I ever ******* hear "The West Coast" or "Chaos ball" again this year, I'm snapping someone's neck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back