Travel Worst Towns/Suburbs in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Luina, Tas.

I lived there in an unheated fibro house for 3 miserable months in 1990 working for a mining company. The constant overcast skies and drizzly weather certainly didn't do it any favours.

The place is a ghost town now. The amazing Tarkine wilderness is not far away but without a vehicle at the time, it was hard to appreciate.

In SA its gotta be Daveron Park: Davoren Park had increased its reputation for violence and dysfunction to the point where it had become "a place where emergency crews fear to go.

Never seen so many condemned houses.

Last edited:
Not even close. Gero is fine, and it's a regional centre. Plus it's on the coast.

I'm well aware where it is,I lived there for 18 years. It's a hole of a town - drug capital of WA and lots of crappy suburbs. It hasn't moved out of the 80's

What goes on there? I was actually half thinking about buying there about 10 years ago.

There's nothing, it's out of Nagambie and there are like five or six shops total.

It's that sort of dumb logic that coppers use with their drug sniffer dogs, they always use them in the poorer parts of Adelaide never in the leafy eastern suburbs, because clearly more affluent people are not drug users.

The higher up, affluent cops probably decide what suburbs get the sniffing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love dandy and go there all the time. The afghani/Indian precinct has great eateries.
Moe town aint so bad either. The areas in moe South in the foothills of the strezleckies are quite nice, as are the areas around lake Narracan.
I will also say Franga is very nice round the Long Island/Oliver's hill area.
Can't speak for Werribee as I don't know it.

I know I couldn't wait to get out of Tennant Creek when I was there.

Living in Pakenham for over 10 years and have never been a victim of a crime.

Lived in South Yarra for 5 years and was burgled twice, car broken into three times, car stolen, assaulted four times

You do the sums on where you think I'd rather live :rolleyes:

Doesn't mean it's still not a crap place to live, just means they don't s**t in their own nest.

Disclaimer: not a direct reference to pakenham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back