Travel Worst Towns/Suburbs in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Lack of western sydney suburbs in this thread.

Mt Druitt and surrounding burbs ( Whalan , Bidwill , Blackett , Tregear )
The ******* walking Dead out there.
Spent a couple of nights in Yagoona, went full Will Smith in I Am Legend.

Locked up all the shutters, the door, and very seriously considered sleeping in the bathtub.

Davoren Park. Onus is on anybody to put up a case of a worse metropolitan suburb.

Worst regional town in Australia is a discussion of interest to me. Meekatharra seemed like worst place I had driven through. I did not spend enough time there to make a proper judgement. It looked bad enough to make South Hedland seem normal.

In SA its gotta be Daveron Park: Davoren Park had increased its reputation for violence and dysfunction to the point where it had become "a place where emergency crews fear to go.

Never seen so many condemned houses.

Davoren Park. Onus is on anybody to put up a case of a worse metropolitan suburb.

Maybe five years ago. Fair bit of redevelopment has gone on in that area in recent times, and in the surrounding suburbs over the past 10-15 years.

Lack of western sydney suburbs in this thread.

Mt Druitt and surrounding burbs ( Whalan , Bidwill , Blackett , Tregear )
The ******* walking Dead out there.
I'll add Macquarie Fields and most of the Liverpool area to that too.

Seems like bigfooty treats anywhere west of Strathfield as downtown Mogadishu though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add Tennant Creek to that, very ordinary.

+1 to Tennant Creek.

Ali Curung, Elliott, Barrow Creek,...

Pretty much any small town in the NT. Absolute shitholes, every last one of them. Lol at the people nominating suburbs of Adelaide or Melbourne. They've clearly never left the city.

The three suburbs that ive frequented that i never feel safe are Carey Park (bunbury), Ashfield and Kenwick. Carey Park is probably the only place i would feel it is just about necessary to carry a weapon though. Nightmare place.

unless its a rural suburb in the middle of no where it shouldn't make the list. Everyone who travels by car a lot knows what i mean.

Usually have a general store/post office in the same building that sells mainly milk chips and dunny paper and dog food.

usually have a shitty IGA that for some reason always has patches of water despite the only source of water being a half dry creek bed that flooded in 1986 as the road sign proudly boasts. s**t leaking out of the fresh veg boxes even though the goods are half rotten and clearly haven't seen water in months.
two pubs within spitting distance and a cop shop on along the way, a shitty old servo that clearly used to be a shell until they went independant and just painted of=ver where it said shell in black paint. absolutely no entertainment and at least 5-10 kids out in the street in the middle of a school day.

usually capped off by an actual old school telephone box that still says telecom graffiti all over and at least one window shattered but never completely smashed. all the houses look circa 1960 and the entire town has this sort of depressed look on their face like anyone of them might decide to to french kiss a 12 gauge a moments notice.

Last edited:
For those who say Frankston you can tell you don't live there. Frankston North or more accurately the Pines is the area that throws up the biggest challenges of living. Frankston South is actually a lovely area.

As mentioned somewhere remote with no job prospects and nothing to do would be the worst. No one might know of the town because no one has been there and that's why it's the worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back