360 XBOX 360 News(Articles, Accessories, and everything else)

Remove this Banner Ad

trials is wicked! i wish they had it on the ps3

used to play so much elastomania on the pc like 10+ years ago and that game is one of the most addictive i've ever played (similar qualities to trials) so if it was on ps3 i'd struggle to find time to sleep!
The Trials after Evolution will likely come to more platforms. Ubisoft picked up the dev and the Trials IP a little while back, so this is the last exclusive that the dev will make for MS.

Umm yeah so I didn't turn my Xbox on for around 10 days, turned it on tonight and got a notification saying I was last signed in on another console and it appears someone has notched a few FIFA 12 achievements and spent the 1800MSPS sitting on my account.

Will kill me having to deal with M$ Singaporean customer service staff 2moro my account is only linked with my consoles which are both here.

Umm yeah so I didn't turn my Xbox on for around 10 days, turned it on tonight and got a notification saying I was last signed in on another console and it appears someone has notched a few FIFA 12 achievements and spent the 1800MSPS sitting on my account.

Will kill me having to deal with M$ Singaporean customer service staff 2moro my account is only linked with my consoles which are both here.
Ive had this pop up on my xbox as well, but havent seen any points spent......
Which annoys mr coz its a massive song and dance to get your credit cart and automatic renewal cancelled.

Your account has been hacked. Did you get in contact with MS?

Your account has been hacked. Did you get in contact with MS?
I changed the password and removed the credit card info, MS customer service chat was unhelpful and told me to ring customer service if I can't get into my account which isn't the problem.

The MSPS are $30AU down the drain which I won't bother trying to get back and I won't bother renewing my Gold membership when it runs out 2moro either.

I changed the password and removed the credit card info, MS customer service chat was unhelpful and told me to ring customer service if I can't get into my account which isn't the problem.

The MSPS are $30AU down the drain which I won't bother trying to get back and I won't bother renewing my Gold membership when it runs out 2moro either.

My credit card company refunded the money taken and Microsoft restored the points that were already on my account. This was in November last year. Simple process from both parties

Read this, it has some helpful info.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449608

Thanks man. I called MS support today and they should be shutting my account down for only a few days and giving back any points stolen.

No problems, hopefully they sort it out for you.

Just a reminder for anyone that was interested, Minecraft is released tonight at 7pm AEST.

Will have to check it out, hopefully there is a demo. Interested with how it will integrate with kinect.

[YOUTUBE]Lf0ZwirfQZA[/YOUTUBE]
(None of the Kinect stuff shown)

The port seems fine and everything (FOV is off though - first thing I noticed, very cramped). But I don't get why you'd go for it over the PC.

It doesn't take any super computer to run Minecraft (competently anyway, may not get 60fps with full draw distance - which is good they seem to have it up and running like that on console), the mods (especially texture packs - Sphax PureBDCraft or gtfo, I can't play Minecraft without it) on Minecraft MAKE Minecraft and on top of that, it's an insanely good game to have on while doing other stuff not really something that you sit down and just dedicate time to (imo). Also can't help but think the updates won't come as thick and fast.

I guess the MP stuff is worth checking out and far better implemented than in PC Minecraft, but we have the server up and running with plenty of room to grow on BigFooty.

Inventory system/Crafting looks good, if not incredibly overwhelming looking initially. Better than looking up wiki's though. No idea why they wouldn't have something similar, or at least easier to make stuff out of on PC even as an optional extra.

I don't play games on PC's. I dont even own a personal one. I've had work laptops for the last 15 years so no need for my own machine.

last thing I want to do when I get home when I'm not working is sit at a desk in front of a PC. Much prefer the 50" screen, reclining lounge chair and a beer. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't play games on PC's. I dont even own a personal one. I've had work laptops for the last 15 years so no need for my own machine.

last thing I want to do when I get home when I'm not working is sit at a desk in front of a PC. Much prefer the 50" screen, reclining lounge chair and a beer. :D
I tend to sit in front of my TV too while playing on the laptop. Or sit back in bed while watching TV and playing Minecraft. Don't even have a desk PC anymore myself.

I don't play PC games much either. Have put in 17 hours on Binding of Isaac (another game I play when doing other s**t too though - multitasking games are brilliant time wasters). All up about 15 hours on another 2 games in years though. And I have like 120+ games on Steam.:eek:

Anyone will tell you I'm a console gamer first, PC gamer last, but it's simple as s**t to run and the mods on PC make Minecraft a far better game (looking at the QL again it seems so limited in comparison - not to mention horrible without Sphax PureBDCraft!!).

Do you use a laptop at home? Can run just as well on that and makes for something that you don't have to put full focus into.

I tend to sit in front of my TV too while playing on the laptop. Or sit back in bed while watching TV and playing Minecraft. Don't even have a desk PC anymore myself.

Hunching over a laptop is not the same as sitting back in your chair with a controller and a beer looking at a big screen.

Anyone will tell you I'm a console gamer first, PC gamer last, but it's simple as s**t to run and the mods on PC make Minecraft a far better game (looking at the QL again it seems so limited in comparison - not to mention horrible without Sphax PureBDCraft!!).

Every game from Call Of Duty to the Elders Scrolls series from a modding perspective is better on a PC.

Do you use a laptop at home? Can run just as well on that and makes for something that you don't have to put full focus into.

Technically I'm not supposed to install non work software on my laptop :cool: (though being in IT it's one rule for the users one for us :D ).

However back to my first comment, I don't find hunching over a laptop on lounge\bed whatever using the laptop trackpad relaxing. I do that when I get an out of hours call when one of the manufacturing systems shits itself at work.

Every game from Call Of Duty to the Elders Scrolls series from a modding perspective is better on a PC.
Difference being that it takes a considerable rig to run almost anything else modern and at a performance that is suitable (basically why I'm not a PC gamer apart from like 4 games). Minecraft should run on the smell of an oily rag for most computers and doesn't really need to run all that well in order to work.
Hunching over a laptop is not the same as sitting back in your chair with a controller and a beer looking at a big screen.

Technically I'm not supposed to install non work software on my laptop :cool: (though being in IT it's one rule for the users one for us :D ).

However back to my first comment, I don't find hunching over a laptop on lounge\bed whatever using the laptop trackpad relaxing. I do that when I get an out of hours call when one of the manufacturing systems shits itself at work.
Hunching? I don't know what you do when you use a laptop. I don't think I want to know now!:eek:

I basically sit in the exact same position to play both PS3 and laptop. Can hop into bed with the laptop though, which is ultimate comfort for playing Minecraft and good just before sleep. Maybe you need to find better sitting situations? I don't see how it could be any different in terms of comfort.

Difference being that it takes a considerable rig to run almost anything else modern and at a performance that is suitable (basically why I'm not a PC gamer apart from like 4 games). Minecraft should run on the smell of an oily rag for most computers and doesn't really need to run all that well in order to work.Hunching? I don't know what you do when you use a laptop. I don't think I want to know now!:eek:

I basically sit in the exact same position to play both PS3 and laptop. Can hop into bed with the laptop though, which is ultimate comfort for playing Minecraft and good just before sleep. Maybe you need to find better sitting situations? I don't see how it could be any different in terms of comfort.
Yeh, lrn2sit Ant

Still not the same, you have a small screen on a laptop and you will need to lean forward more to use a laptop trackpad. Far more comfortable with a controller in your hand looking at a big screen, then a laptop on your legs.

Read any HR or Health and safety doco, they say you need your screen at eye level.

Why a lot of companies for workcover reasons audit workers who work from home to make sure they've got the monitor, chair, mouse keyboard etc in the correct position.

Back injuries from incorrect sitting ie laptop in bed don't happen straight away it's a cumulative effect over years from the pressure you put on your spine.

145095.jpg

Xbox 720: $99 with a monthly TV subscription - Pachter

Could we be seeing a major shake up of the Home entertainment market in the near future.

imagine this....
NBN
1 x xbox 720
1 x streaming Foxtel subscription
TV #1 streaming live AFL via windows 8 xbox 720
TV #2 streaming Grey's Anatomy via windows 8 xbox 720
TV #3 streaming Dora the Explorer via windows 8 xbox 720

$99 upfront FKK me. where do I sign????

I wouldn't be surprised to see even greater incentives for those trading in PS3's..... ;)

Xbox 720: $99 with a monthly TV subscription - Pachter

Could we be seeing a major shake up of the Home entertainment market in the near future.

imagine this....
NBN
1 x xbox 720
1 x streaming Foxtel subscription
TV #1 streaming live AFL via windows 8 xbox 720
TV #2 streaming Grey's Anatomy via windows 8 xbox 720
TV #3 streaming Dora the Explorer via windows 8 xbox 720

$99 upfront FKK me. where do I sign????

I wouldn't be surprised to see even greater incentives for those trading in PS3's..... ;)
Data usage = gone in a week.
Were did you get the info/pachters guess from? Link?
Also can only imagine how much more you will pay after the initial up front cost?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back