You Know What Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2005
Launceston, Tasmania
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Hello, I am from Tasmania. I watch games at Aurora all the time and I have even played at Aurora Stadium a few times and I'll tell you the truth I barely ever hear the siren.

I think they need a new one...

CarnthePies said:
Hello, I am from Tasmania. I watch games at Aurora all the time and I have even played at Aurora Stadium a few times and I'll tell you the truth I barely ever hear the siren.

From what I heard on the telly, the crowd noise drowned out the sound of the siren.

CarnthePies said:

nah. That ones fine...

:mad:

I dont care. Still the umpires fault for being so arrogant and not listening to anyone around him.

It's bad enough when the umpires are blind!

Now they're deaf as well???

At least it shows the AFL is an equal opportunity employer.

I'm peed off that we let them back in it enough to get that close though.

choc_a_holic said:
Why would the umpire listen to Freo players, ofcourse they would disrupt the play and slow it down.

Yes but have you ever seen players pretending the siren had gone before. He should have paid some attention to what was going on.

choc_a_holic said:
Why would the umpire listen to Freo players, ofcourse they would disrupt the play and slow it down.

What about his colleague (Hayden Kennedy) who apparently blew time off but then was over-ruled? Should he have listened to him?

choc_a_holic said:

That sentence is why 95% of teenybopper girls shouldn't be allowed near an AFL venue.

Cassius_Clay said:
I dont care. Still the umpires fault for being so arrogant and not listening to anyone around him.

If I had a wad of players charging towards me saying the siren has gone (at a stop in play), I would call time off and check. If the siren has gone, game over. If the siren hasn't gone, bounce the ball and play on as usual.

Simple really.

masai said:
If I had a wad of players charging towards me saying the siren has gone (at a stop in play), I would call time off and check. If the siren has gone, game over. If the siren hasn't gone, bounce the ball and play on as usual.

Simple really.
You think people would have cottoned onto this point by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

masai said:

Simple really.
Exactly. Slowing the game down when time is off? Yeah like they'd do that.

freo heave ho said:
It's bad enough when the umpires are blind!

Now they're deaf as well???

At least it shows the AFL is an equal opportunity employer.

I'm peed off that we let them back in it enough to get that close though.
Yup, we should never had been in that situation in the first place...

masai said:

Simple really.

When the players point to someone who is bleeding the umpires always stop to check.

Apparently Schammer considered grabbing the ball and kicking it into the crowd so that the umpire couldn't bounce it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back