Oppo Camp Your 2015 Grand Final Tip

Who will win.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What is about coaches/players/teams who have beaten a team in one final by playing man on man, are hard and hungry, who tackle and harass and then who forget all of that four weeks later.
Do they have collective memory loss, do they ignore what works deliberately, do they just become overawed. West Coast knew how to beat Hawthorn, Hawthorn played the same game that they always play and the one that beat Fremantle the week before yet came out as if they knew nothing. All of those coaches and endless discussions on game plan come to nothing.

What is about coaches/players/teams who have beaten a team in one final by playing man on man, are hard and hungry, who tackle and harass and then who forget all of that four weeks later.
Do they have collective memory loss, do they ignore what works deliberately, do they just become overawed. West Coast knew how to beat Hawthorn, Hawthorn played the same game that they always play and the one that beat Fremantle the week before yet came out as if they knew nothing. All of those coaches and endless discussions on game plan come to nothing.
A West Coast supporter on the main board told me that WC couldn't execute their game because they were tired and Hawks were fresher? How can that be!

the interstate teams that come here to play in the GF are beginning to look like those sub continental cricket teams that come here and play on our fast and bouncy wickets.

They get hammered and made to look like school boys

I'm longing for the day where I can watch two teams in a Grand Final who can handle the pressure of the day. Surely in an 18 team comp, in a four year period, we can find one other team who won't freak out?

Kind of over non-competitive Grand Finals. Sure the last three years have been great for Hawks fans, but as a spectacle for neutrals (and the losing side's fans :/) it's been, well ... Less than entertaining. Especially when you compare it to the games that came before it.

2012 - thrilling contest that went down to the wire
2011* - two teams that were on another level compared to the rest of the league, incredible swings of momentum. I haven't seen much football played at such a consistently high level before or since.
2010 v. 1 - the draw! Incredible. The replay not so much.
2009* - only a stroke of good fortune separated us from the Saints, incredible game.
2008* - I can't recall
2007* - 119. Will never be matched. But I can't say it would have provided much entertainment to anyone other than Cats fans (or Crows supporters)

I guess the message is that if no one is doing it right sometimes you just have to do it yourself.

*denotes bias

Back