Other Your USA/NFL Trip in Pictures

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the round of golf setting you back?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
400 USD, f***ing steep for a round but it's a once in a lifetime bucket list thing, have to do it once.

I forgot to add will play a round at Torrey Pines too but that will be a lot cheaper as i have family in San Diego who get resident prices

400 USD, f***ing steep for a round but it's a once in a lifetime bucket list thing, have to do it once.

I forgot to add will play a round at Torrey Pines too but that will be a lot cheaper as i have family in San Diego who get resident prices
yeah very steep but I thought it could have been even more tbh

We are blessed to have world class courses on the Sandbelt/Peninsula that are quite affordable. Providing you can get a tee time of course.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrigley Field is on my bucket list of sport venues to visits
I have been to many games at the Friendly Confines...when the Cubs are winning it is one of the best atmospheres in sports. Try to watch at least one game with the Bleacher Creatures - now that is a special experience.

So I've got a fun trip planned for the end of the year, so far the roster is:

November 26, Sunday
Baltimore ravens @ LA Chargers, SOFI Stadium LA

November 29, Wednesday
18 holes @ TPC Sawgrass, Florida

November30, Thursday
Seahawks @ Cowboys, Arlington TX

December 3, Sunday
1pm: Falcons @ Jets, Metlife Stadium NJ
6pm: San Jose @ NY Rangers, Madison Square, NYC

December 9, Saturday
Blues @ Blackhawks, United Centre Chicago (maybe)

December 10, Sunday
Eagles @ Cowboys, Arlington TX

December 17, Sunday
Broncos @ Lions, Ford Field, Detroit

December 18, Monday
Anaheim @ Red Wings, Little Caesars Arena, Detroit

December 20, Wednesday
Seattle @ LA Kings, Crypto.com Arena, LA

January 4, Thursday
Ottawa @ Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena

January 14, Sunday
Detroit @ Maple Leafs, Scotiabank Areaa, Torronto
That looks like a lot of fun - watching hockey in person is so much better than watching on TV. MSG, Detroit and Toronto are great places to watch hockey.

I know there's a handful of people in the US at the moment, so I wanted to ask a question ahead of next season.

That is, how hard do you have to work to be able to go to college games? I'm talking in terms of ticket accessibility, but also in terms of venue accessibility given how many teams obviously play in "college towns" as opposed to major cities.

How difficult is it to make day trips to these college towns? Or are you just better off looking at schools like, say, UCLA, USC, Texas or Miami?

I'd love to experience some (true) Big 10 football (so not USC or UCLA), but without having done a massive amount of research, Ann Arbor, Lincoln and Columbus don't seem like much fun to get to.

One more question - I'm not big on basketball or baseball, but they're a good option for mid-week entertainment. Which is a better live spectacle as a tourist? That'll largely decide whether I'm looking at August/Sept or November I think.

Tickets is the easy bit. I've been to both Michigan Stadium and Tiger Stadium (LSU). For Michigan Stadium I stayed in Detroit and hired a car to drive to Ann Arbor. For Tiger Stadium I stayed in New Orleans and drove to Baton Rouge although large commercial flights fly in so you could do that but it's probably not a city you would go to visit without a reason like Football. Although I could say the same for Detroit.

I would've thought Columbus was fairly easy being it probably close to the size of Adelaide. The places you listed aren't that far from major cities. While there maybe bus options car is the easiest way to do it.

As for Basketball and Baseball and your not really a fan of either sport. You are down to the luck of the game on how you find it as a spectacle. And most sports lose atmosphere very quickly when the home team that has 90% of the support plays poorly and loses.

I know there's a handful of people in the US at the moment, so I wanted to ask a question ahead of next season.

That is, how hard do you have to work to be able to go to college games? I'm talking in terms of ticket accessibility, but also in terms of venue accessibility given how many teams obviously play in "college towns" as opposed to major cities.

How difficult is it to make day trips to these college towns? Or are you just better off looking at schools like, say, UCLA, USC, Texas or Miami?

I'd love to experience some (true) Big 10 football (so not USC or UCLA), but without having done a massive amount of research, Ann Arbor, Lincoln and Columbus don't seem like much fun to get to.

One more question - I'm not big on basketball or baseball, but they're a good option for mid-week entertainment. Which is a better live spectacle as a tourist? That'll largely decide whether I'm looking at August/Sept or November I think.

Ann Arbor was very easy to get to from Detroit. There's a bus service called D2A2 and they run a heap of buses to and from each day of the week and it costs FA too. Of course you could drive too.

Took an hour to get to Ann Arbor from Detroit at 8am in the morning, but then after 'The Game', it took about 2 hours to get back to Detroit due to the traffic.

Not a huge fan of baseball or basketball, but do take an interest. Been to both in the states, basketball and then daylight to baseball in terms of spectacle. Baseball's very slow and not a lot happening most of the time. If Ice Hockey is in season when you're there, have a look at one of those games. Miles ahead of baseball and I enjoyed it more than basketball. .

Can only speak for Ann Arbor but it was very easy to get to, took amtrak there from Detroit and theres a bus service (D2A2) between the 2 as well

Been a bit lazy updating (mostly due to enjoying my holiday) but here goes

Seattle @ Dallas, Nov 30
View attachment 1883647

Sharks @ Rangers, Dec 4
20231203_182122.jpg

Philly @ Dallas, Dec 10
20231210_215443.jpg

Georgia HS champs, Dec 12

20231213_201238.jpg

Broncos @ Lions, Dec 16

20231216_223618.jpg

Ducks @ Red Wings