Zac Dawson- will he play AFL again?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would not like to be on your bad side CK.. you sound like an angry, angry man! :p

No mate, I just like an informed opinion. It is hard enough to sift through the s**t on here sometimes without people blatantly making things up in order to substantiate their opinions.

An opinion based on something of substance is one thing. An opinion based on nothing but utter rubbish is just a waste of everybody's time.

Now, go and do your homework so you can make it to the game this week.;)

we need big strong blokes up back not skinny weaklings.............

barry dawson could do a better job than zac dawson..........

Zac was 94kg at the start of the season, and 197cm, He hardly falls into the skinny weakling category.

Re: Cryptkeepers comments

I also have attended all Box Hill home games this year, and concur with his assessments 100%.

Zac was 94kg at the start of the season, and 197cm, He hardly falls into the skinny weakling category.

Yep, he is actually a reasonably big unit these days and has shown that he can bulk up. I wouldn't be surprised if he is somewhere around 98-100kg by the time season 2008 rolls around.

I wasn't a fan of Zac Dawson's at all and actually wanted him chopped at the end of last season. However, it is amazing what you can learn about our list and the players on it when you get down to watch Box Hill play. I'm not ashamed to say that I now believe that I was wrong about Zac Dawson and am looking forward to watching him re-launch what I am sure will be a long and distinguished career in the brown and gold.

Re: Cryptkeepers comments

I also have attended all Box Hill home games this year, and concur with his assessments 100%.

would you feel 100% confidant in dawson if he was picked to play in a finals game againts either the crows or sydney?

i just feel that we realy need another croad......

would you feel 100% confidant in dawson if he was picked to play in a finals game againts either the crows or sydney?

Interesting point, I back the judgement of the selection commitee and if they thought he was ready to go then I would be happy for him to play. After all the club knows more than what I do in regards to his form and how much he has developed.

We'd all love another Croad but in answer to your question, I wouldn't have the confidence that Zac could do the job on Saturday because it is a huge step up from Box Hill to an AFL final. However, given his improvement this season, his inexperience and him filling out into a somewhat imposing unit, I have every confidence that he will relieve Stephen Gilham of the FB position in 2008. This is not an indictment on Gilham, who might better serve Hawthorn as a third defensive tall (similar to Jacobs who would now be under extreme pressure to maintain his spot on the list) but an indication of the improvement that Dawson has shown over the past 12 months.

Make no mistake, Dawson is not the skinny kid that you saw exposed and out of his depth in 2006. He is a far more accomplished footballer these days and will only improve again with another pre-season. Why else would the Hawthorn Football Club (who have an excellent recent record in such matters) has extended his contract?

We'd all love another Croad but in answer to your question, I wouldn't have the confidence that Zac could do the job on Saturday because it is a huge step up from Box Hill to an AFL final. However, given his improvement this season, his inexperience and him filling out into a somewhat imposing unit, I have every confidence that he will relieve Stephen Gilham of the FB position in 2008. This is not an indictment on Gilham, who might better serve Hawthorn as a third defensive tall (similar to Jacobs who would now be under extreme pressure to maintain his spot on the list) but an indication of the improvement that Dawson has shown over the past 12 months.

Make no mistake, Dawson is not the skinny kid that you saw exposed and out of his depth in 2006. He is a far more accomplished footballer these days and will only improve again with another pre-season. Why else would the Hawthorn Football Club (who have an excellent recent record in such matters) has extended his contract?

Have to agree. Saw Zac a number of times this year and have no doubt that he is / will develop into a very good player for us. Would be amazed if they picked him this late in the season, but if the match up was required than I'm sure he would not let us down.

I think your on the money there, but we do need Croady back there! Lets hope he gets up!

Croady is playing. Im on no money. I said that..if croad doesnt play.. they wnt bring in Dawson..wot r then chances of hawks bringing is dawson..when he hasnt played a snr game of footy this yr. No chance in hell.

Croady is playing. Im on no money. I said that..if croad doesnt play.. they wnt bring in Dawson..wot r then chances of hawks bringing is dawson..when he hasnt played a snr game of footy this yr. No chance in hell.

You really lost me?

What do you mean your on no money?

I was using the phrase I think your on the money with Croad playing and Dawson not coming in, meaning I am agreeing with you? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really lost me?

What do you mean your on no money?

I was using the phrase I think your on the money with Croad playing and Dawson not coming in, meaning I am agreeing with you? :rolleyes:

ohh my badd then..i kinda thought u said im on money with u but u r against me..lol soz.

Nah, he isn't on the outer! He's just been extremely unlucky! He'll be in the mix next season.. I guarantee! :)

I am a fan of Dawson. I think he can play a bit.

That said, don't be surprised if he is moved on despite just being given a two year contract

I am a fan of Dawson. I think he can play a bit.

That said, don't be surprised if he is moved on despite just being given a two year contract
i doubt he will be moved on as we don't have a number of tall key defenders. Agree with the view that while Croady is in defence Dawson will not get a go

Zac was very unlucky in that he was put at Full-back when he was too young, had no support and had to put up with fast delivery to his opponents.

He has a clean slate in my books and he should be given every opportunity next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back