Zaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep he is. Looked sharp enough to give it a shake on the weekend. I think it will be a pretty strong field this year though. Martin Looked awesome from the tiges, and a lot of 2nd year blokes like Tom Swift, Ziebell and Natanui are all eligible.

Yep, Zaka and Hurley both eligible again, despite nominations.

THink it will take an outstanding game to get another nomination though.

Nic Nat is probably a lock for Rd 1. They are itcihing to get him there I reckon. Probably a 10 hit out 2 goal game will be enough.

I can see Hurley tearing another game or two apart to recieve another nom.

As the above poster said. A hell of alot of likely sorts this year.

Would love to see some of the new boys get nominated, but they will likely find getting a game difficult. Unless of course they tear the VFL up and force there way in.

nic nat will be tough to beat!!

Zaharakis excites me more than any of our young players to be honest.
He has some real Bartel about him.

More than Hurley? wow Love Zaka, but Hurley is where it's at. Like the look of Melksham as well. Probably not going to play much this year, but he'll be going alright next year.

He has some real Bartel about him.
Just through my eyes he's starting to look more like a Montagna type. Look if he's anywhere near as good as either we'll be celebrating. Scouts have always described young Melksham as a Dal Santo type player so I think Zaha and Melks are going to combine to be some sort of pair :D bring on this future!

Can't see Zaka winning the rising star. There are just to many great players that will come through this year. Hurley is our chance for the award.

Regarding who Zaka will end up becoming, that's a tough one. Goal kicking mid is right, but I don't think he'll end up like Montagna. Joey's best attribute is his work ethic and his ability to get to contest after contest. I see Zaka to be someone who can read the play well and kick to advantage really well. The best person I can think of would be Bobby Murphy like that. I'm not saying that Zaka is a KPP or anything like that just that he seems to have the same mindset of Murphy. Maybe someone like Chance Bateman is where we hope he'll end up.

Hurley being the obvious exception, I agree with you.

Every time this guy gets the ball I'm excited; realistically he won't come even close to the same level, but it's a similar feeling of expectation and excitement that Hird created throughout his career.

I'd put money on him having a 25-30 possession, 5-goal (AFL) game in the next few years.

I'd put money on him having a 25-30 possession, 5-goal (AFL) game in the next few years.

To be honest the only youngster that I am as excited about is Pears.

Yeah. Hurley excites me but I am not sure how the whole cabbie incident is going to effect his year, apparently Hille said he was struggling with it mentally, which could have a big effect on his game, so I am trying not to hype him up in my mind.
Zaharakis has it all, finds the ball, great under pressure, awesome kick, strong through the hips, good mark, kicks bags, good cardio, modest and level-headed.
All we do is talk about our high draft picks and KPP's, I am so excited about our new mids like Prismall, Zaharakis and Melksham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well zaka' first game in th vfl was a 36 posis 5 goal game wasnt it?

Once his body is bigger he will be doing that alot i the afl. That is exciting. But melksham i only have to look at his grand final highlights and i get excited throw in pears and hurley and myers(if he gets his body to what he was playing in WA) then we have some really exciting times ahead of us.

Every time this guy gets the ball I'm excited; realistically he won't come even close to the same level, but it's a similar feeling of expectation and excitement that Hird created throughout his career.

Agree.

Is funny.

Zaharakis was being touted as a possible recruit in 2007, but was overlooked due to his kicking (apparently), now, after going away and working on this, he has also become a real leader (Captained succesful Vic Metro team 2008, and was then drafted in the second round.

What a story in itself, he is a dead set gun. I was actually going to post something on this guy but seems to have been beaten to it.

He reminds me so much of a young James Hird.

Goal kicker who is learning his craft playing from a forward flank. Able to play taller than he is, a wonderful kick, beautifully poised, and is a real team orientated player who is only going to get better.

People closer to the club! would it surprise to see him in the leadership side of things in the next 2 - 3 years? I can see him captaining the club possibly.

Is funny.

Zaharakis was being touted as a possible recruit in 2007, but was overlooked due to his kicking (apparently), now, after going away and working on this, he has also become a real leader (Captained succesful Vic Metro team 2008, and was then drafted in the second round.

What a story in itself, he is a dead set gun. I was actually going to post something on this guy but seems to have been beaten to it.

He reminds me so much of a young James Hird.

Goal kicker who is learning his craft playing from a forward flank. Able to play taller than he is, a wonderful kick, beautifully poised, and is a real team orientated player who is only going to get better.

People closer to the club! would it surprise to see him in the leadership side of things in the next 2 - 3 years? I can see him captaining the club possibly.

i also love having players that have grown up barracking for the club playing for us, just puts not doubt in my mind that he will give all!!!

To be honest the only youngster that I am as excited about is Pears.

Yeah. Hurley excites me but I am not sure how the whole cabbie incident is going to effect his year, apparently Hille said he was struggling with it mentally, which could have a big effect on his game, so I am trying not to hype him up in my mind.
Zaharakis has it all, finds the ball, great under pressure, awesome kick, strong through the hips, good mark, kicks bags, good cardio, modest and level-headed.
All we do is talk about our high draft picks and KPP's, I am so excited about our new mids like Prismall, Zaharakis and Melksham.

Micks a mate of mine, his handling it well. Hasn't really effected him, he regrets but other than that his alright.

I barrack for The Dons and Zaka will only be ever remember for one thing and that's kicking a goal on ANZAC day after being bumped. Other than that we won't have much to remember him by.

Micks a mate of mine, his handling it well. Hasn't really effected him, he regrets but other than that his alright.

Well, if this is true then it is good he has moved on.

I barrack for The Dons

Then why does your profile say Port Adelaide?

and Zaka will only be ever remember for one thing and that's kicking a goal on ANZAC day after being bumped. Other than that we won't have much to remember him by.

So you are writing of a player who is just coming into his 2nd year and who by all reports has been looking good in the preseason?

That's just foolish by any standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back