Military_man

Premiership Player
May 11, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Just curious to know if you was playing in a game and you knew there was a gay footballer on the opposing team would you target him or would you avoid him because he is gay or would you treat him like every other player on the field??? Perhaps you may have already came across that scenio in the past.

Treat him like anyone else. In reality in many sports, homosexuality is not as uncommon as you think, if people start throwing the gay epithet around, I'm sure someone might pop up with: "well I saw x playing funny buggers with one of the runners last week so stfu".

Let me put it this way, is it true that there is literally no gay player in the afl at the moment? I find it hard to believe.

Just curious to know if you was playing in a game and you knew there was a gay footballer on the opposing team would you target him or would you avoid him because he is gay or would you treat him like every other player on the field??? Perhaps you may have already came across that scenio in the past.
I am in awe of your obsessions...

I would not target him, but I would avoid him. It would be akward in the showers, that's for sure. Also I would be weary of tackling him/crashing into him etc because of the transmission of HIV, which is rising in Gay men.

I would not target him, but I would avoid him. It would be akward in the showers, that's for sure. Also I would be weary of tackling him/crashing into him etc because of the transmission of HIV, which is rising in Gay men.

You would find it awkward being in the showers with a gay man????:eek:
Show some restraint!
Get some self discipline!
Keep your hands to yourself!
Resist your urges!

I wouldn't treat him any differently. I have been involved in sports where I have known that an opposition player was gay. I've also had a gay team mate as well. All I ask from fellow team mates is that they play the game and give all that they can for the team.

Treat him like anyone else. In reality in many sports, homosexuality is not as uncommon as you think, if people start throwing the gay epithet around, I'm sure someone might pop up with: "well I saw x playing funny buggers with one of the runners last week so stfu".

Let me put it this way, is it true that there is literally no gay player in the afl at the moment? I find it hard to believe.

You won't find many openly gay ones in any sport because they know it would ruin team chemistry, Tim Hardaway was an example of that.

If the gay was a gun player and was carving my team up i would sledge him to put him off his game. I would try to avoid contact tho as the risk of getting hiv if he bleeds would be high . Not saying that every gay has hiv but they associate with people that are hiv+. I wouldnt want to take the chance of getting his blood on me. Imagine what would go through your mind having a gay mans blood contacting your blood and the wait you have until you find out if you contracted hiv. Its a real concern and even if the guy didnt have HIV, it would take up to 12 months to find out. Not something i would like to go through.

If the gay was a gun player and was carving my team up i would sledge him to put him off his game. I would try to avoid contact tho as the risk of getting hiv if he bleeds would be high . Not saying that every gay has hiv but they associate with people that are hiv+. I wouldnt want to take the chance of getting his blood on me. Imagine what would go through your mind having a gay mans blood contacting your blood and the wait you have until you find out if you contracted hiv. Its a real concern and even if the guy didnt have HIV, it would take up to 12 months to find out. Not something i would like to go through.
Cripes! I'll not tackle my wife, then.
She's a nurse and associates with HIV people every day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won't find many openly gay ones in any sport because they know it would ruin team chemistry, Tim Hardaway was an example of that.

Nah that's just when you've got a bigot on your team, I'm sure if the teammates are sensible enough they'll cope.

In reality, gays wont come out because of the stigma attached by people such as Hardaway, take away the bigotry, tale away the problem. I stand by my comment though that people do know gays in sport as hawkmania said (which isn't surprising).

I think I'll start calling the op Gareth. :thumbsu:

Cripes! I'll not tackle my wife, then.
She's a nurse and associates with HIV people every day!

She would be trained to take precausions when dealing with people with HIV , Homesexuality and Drug Addiction. Gays live in a world where sex with each other without protection can result in them getting HIV. With the rise of HIV in the gay community due to them being careless leads me to believe i couldn,t take a risk with anyone thats gay. Along with the latest craze sweeping the gay community called HIV chasing. It makes it more real just to avoid the gay on the footy field. Not that they advertise the fact that they are gay but this thread is about if you know a gay on the footy field.

Yeah and I don't go to church because the priest might molest me :rolleyes:

44 players in a game, statistically about 4-5 of those players would be gay. You would definitely quit football, withdraw from society lock yourself in a room to avoid the gay germs.

5.jpg

"I said, get in".

Along with the latest craze sweeping the gay community called HIV chasing.

Stephen Fry "HIV & Me": gay guys bareback trying to infect a willing subject with HIV, aka "the gift".
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RMRIu7cER10&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RMRIu7cER10&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TrmccJkfApg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TrmccJkfApg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back