Roast The Cull needs to start

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Golfing.

Link Here.

The Brisbane Lions can advise that along with Troy Selwood, senior list players Travis Johnstone, Albert Proud, and Bart McCulloch have been delisted.

Rookies Sean Yoshiura and Broc McCauley have also been advised that they will not be on the rookie list, although McCauley has been invited to continue training.

Few surprises there. McCulloch gone and McCauley maybe gone. Are we in the position to be dropping ruckman with usual injury list?

Beams promoted too.

McCauley not getting another year on the rookie list. You have to be ****ing kidding me. What more does he have to do.

McCulloch and McCauley both gone... who is the nitwit in the football department with the short memory? Let's go back to having **** all ruck stocks, especially with Leuenberger battling an injury at the moment.

How are Sheldon and Austin still on the list ahead of Proud and McCulloch.

W
T
F

WTF. Not Proud. Surely.

Put him on the rookie list at least!

After the way he has turned himself around, surely he was worth another year on a s**t-all contract.

I try to be fairly rational and defer list management to the experts, but if we've delisted Proud ahead of Sheldon or Austin, I am going to be really, really confused.

Yeah! Thought towards the end of the year he really gave us something in the small forwards role. Played the lead up through the middle well, kicked goals & just made us more intimidating. Can see far more upside in him than the other 2 - neither of who will make it, IMO.

After his comeback from his issues, I really hope this does not lead him off the rails.

How are Sheldon and Austin still on the list ahead of Proud and McCulloch.

Haven't seen much of McCulloch, but I am ropable that Proud and to a lesser extent Johnstone have been delisted, yet exactly as you point out, Sheldon and Austin remain...absolutely staggered at today's announcements, especially after seeing how hard Proud has been putting in in the gym.

Proud will definitely be picked up by another AFL club IMO.

Would have thought 1 tall player would have stayed given Charman will be injured some time in February.

Exactly. No offence to Jamie, but every man and his dog knows that he is shot. His ankle will give way again by March, we all know it.

Haven't seen much of McCulloch,

Bart was no certainty, but he was a tall prospect with time on his side, he's only been on the list 2 years. What are they seeing in Sheldon (about to have his 5th year on the list) that we aren't?

Our ruck stocks are absolutely paper thin again now. Leuenberger has an ankle issue that will interupt his pre-season and Charman is a cripple. Clark potentially has GWS dollar signs in his eyes.

McCauley is the one that does my head in. Very, very unlikely that the club will find a more promising ruckman in the rookie draft than Broc. I'm so, so confused.

Goodness me some of you people are hard to please.

Give us a little credit Ceebee. I can certainly understand why those who watched a lot of Lions reserves games this year are confused as hell by some of these decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCauley is the one that does my head in. Very, very unlikely that the club will find a more promising ruckman in the rookie draft than Broc. I'm so, so confused.

Weren't there attitude issues with Broc? I've got some less than flattering comments from a former coach stuck in my head...or am I thinking of Retzlaff?

Given that Broc's been invited to train with the Lions, it makes me wonder if that's the case - give 'im a bit of a wake-up call. Can anyone set me straight?

Bart was no certainty, but he was a tall prospect with time on his side, he's only been on the list 2 years. What are they seeing in Sheldon (about to have his 5th year on the list) that we aren't?

Yep, the Sheldon one has got me, especially at the expense of Albie, so much for my predications of him having a big 2011...well he may do, but just not at the Lions...:rolleyes: more time to train with Bowers.:eek:

Hawthorn delisted ruckmen citing the new interchange/substitute rules as the reason. Seems we are following a similar path. Interesting to see what other clubs do.

Weren't there attitude issues with Broc? I've got some less than flattering comments from a former coach stuck in my head...or am I thinking of Retzlaff?

Given that Broc's been invited to train with the Lions, it makes me wonder if that's the case - give 'im a bit of a wake-up call. Can anyone set me straight?

I think you must be thinking of someone else bob.

Broc exuded professionalism. Very upstanding, clean cut professional type.

I think you must be thinking of someone else bob.

Broc exuded professionalism. Very upstanding, clean cut professional type.

Must've been Retzlaff. Was something about being "difficult to coach"....or some such...

And just when my faith in the decisions this club was making was starting to be restored... we go and delist one of the few guys who played like he gave a crap this year.

Poor Albie.

Without Selwood and now Proud the list has lost some real niggle, aggression and heart. 2 guys that I'd pick before a lot of others if I was going into war.

FFS :(

Why do Lions continue to dissapoint even during off-season?

Sigh.

You've been watching a different off-season than I have.

While some of the delistings are personally disappointing, on the whole this off-season has been a hell of a lot more positive than I had expected.

hmmmmm...interesting. I'm hoping Sheldon, Austin and Collier still have another year on their contract and that's why none of them have been delisted. All of them would have to show massive signs of improvement to stay on the list after 2011.

We don't have the full information on players so there may be other reasons as to why Proud was delisted then his form. Hope Carlton doesn't sign him!!! Sheedy might give him a go as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back