Roast The Cull needs to start

Remove this Banner Ad

Still waiting....Most clubs have their delistings out. Collier, Johnstone, Sheldon and Austin are the one's likely to go. 3 players gone and Selwood delisted means we still need to delist at least another 2 or 3 with 4 draft picks we will definitely use and Bewick and hopefully the Beams upgrade.

I think it will be Johnstone, Sheldon and Austin delisted. None of these guys look like they will improve much more and will also struggle for any opportunity to add anything more than at reserves level.

Still waiting....Most clubs have their delistings out. Collier, Johnstone, Sheldon and Austin are the one's likely to go. 3 players gone and Selwood delisted means we still need to delist at least another 2 or 3 with 4 draft picks we will definitely use and Bewick and hopefully the Beams upgrade.

I think it will be Johnstone, Sheldon and Austin delisted. None of these guys look like they will improve much more and will also struggle for any opportunity to add anything more than at reserves level.

Don't think it will be that many since we've already got rid of Brennan, Rischitelli and Sherman

Austin would have to a goner though, couldn't crack the team this year even with our disastrous run of injuries, Collier seems to be ahead of him and his unfortunate leg injuries he sustained this year.

If rookie promotions are announced this week, are the delisted rookies announced this week too or is that in line with list lodgement 1, 2 and 3?

Austin would have to a goner though, couldn't crack the team this year even with our disastrous run of injuries

Bit hard to crack the side with a broken leg, but yeah he hadn't shown a hell of a lot before that.

He may be contracted for 2011 though, I'm not 100 percent sure.

If Austin gets delisted he may get a shot on our rookie list.

With Selwood and Johnstone gone I reckon Sheldon & Austin will be nervous in the coming weeks.

Johnstone is gone?

thoselionlads initially stated that a few weeks ago...

Personally I'd love to see Trav get another year, but I'm inclined to believe thoselionlads who seems a good source of info.

If our salary cap wasn't such a mess, Trav perhaps would have got another year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers guys.

I agree with you guys, with Brennan, Risha and Sherman gone i would have thought Johnstone would get another year in the midfield to help out the younger guys. His disposal can be very damaging and it was a waste playing him in the backline but he couldn't handle a tag.

It would be too soon to delist Collier wouldn't it? I thought he showed some best-22 potential in his outings this year. I think he would look good and could be very effective with some nice disposers around him in the backline.

I don't know if you guys rate Adrian Fletcher, but his comments here certainly don't make it sound that Johnstone will be delisted:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104132/default.aspx

Travis Johnstone
Had some really good games for us but just didn’t do it consistently. He’s a smart player and we think he’s improved as a footballer with his strength in one-on-one contests. He’s just got to put it all together.

Here is my go at predicting what will happen:
(assuming Johnstone is out)
- I think Beams should clearly be promoted to the Senior list
- from my understanding we have four picks in the top 31 of the draft, which we will definitely use. And we have another 2 (?) compensation picks after the first round (?), which I assume we will use one of, so that would be 5 in total.
- that leaves 2 players needing to be delisted - Austin, Sheldon, and Collier are the most likely.

Here is my go at predicting what will happen:
(assuming Johnstone is out)
- I think Beams should clearly be promoted to the Senior list
- from my understanding we have four picks in the top 31 of the draft, which we will definitely use. And we have another 2 (?) compensation picks after the first round (?), which I assume we will use one of, so that would be 5 in total.
- that leaves 2 players needing to be delisted - Austin, Sheldon, and Collier are the most likely.

Did you factor in a list spot for Rohan Bewick?

Yeah Sheldon, then Austin, then Collier.

Still have some small hope that Collier may be a late bloomer.

Was never impressed with Sheldon and Austin at any stage, but was willing to give them time. I think time is up now.

Maybe a rookie spot for Austin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back