Travis Johnstone
Broc McCauley**
Bart McCulloch
Albert Proud
Michael Rischitelli (GC)
Troy Selwood
Justin Sherman (trd)
Sean Yoshiura**

That's 9 players gone for the year. 3 in the best 22 and 2 in and out of the side.

Proud & McCauley are insane calls. What more can you say. It makes no sense. As was said earlier, just when you start to put some faith back in the calls the club's making, WHACK!

GC will snap Broc up in a heartbeat. Quite possible they'll take a shine to Albie too.

I actually feel rather pissed off about you guys dumping Johnstone, especially when far less talented players remain. This is not meant to be a troll, it's just highlighting the fact that TJ is a very talented player and has been horrible mismanaged by Voss. Yes, we all know he's unaccountable, so why not play him in defence? Turn it up Voss. He came to you in his late 20s, he was hardly going to become a defensive marvel overnight. Your midfield has been reasonable over the last couple of years but not to the extent where Johnstone shouldn't find a spot in there.

What a waste of talent. I sincerely hope he finds another home in 2011. Heck, he'd be welcome back at Melbourne.

No offence mate, but this is an irritating post.

I like Trav too, but Melbourne couldn't get the best out of him either and dumped him, so to say you are "pissed off" at Brisbane and that he is "welcome back at Melbourne" is really quite annoying. One could make the case that Melbourne failed to develop him into the player he could/should have been. If Melbourne supporters try to say that Brisbane ruined the Travis Johnstone legacy, then that will be laughable in the extreme.

Just save the faux-anger.

I'm personally not in favour of dumping him, but Voss inherited him from the previous regime. He had an obligation to see out the contract, which he did. He owes him nothing beyond that.

Sorry I must be the only one not surprised with Proud’s de-listment. His actual output was miniscule in comparison to his Ben Hur like myth and he also come with baggage. I think the club is sick of dealing with players who bring off field issues to the table. As we all know the only reason Fev is still on the list is because of the large contract pay out that will ensue if Brisbane cut him.

I am surprised that Sheldon has been retained but if we have a look at other club’s delisting there are also some surprising names delistments and retentions. We are not alone.

The positive is that looks like we’ll let Hadley load up on all the high picks this draft. Also provides room for five rookies as well. As far as availability of mature rookie ruckman (age 21 plus) there’s quite a few running around in some of the stronger state leagues. I suspect we may recruit one or two versatile tall timber.

Anyhow I am now looking forward to five picks in the draft. In Hadley we trust. This is to make up for giving Hadley s**t all picks in the draft last year.

I actually feel rather pissed off about you guys dumping Johnstone, especially when far less talented players remain. This is not meant to be a troll, it's just highlighting the fact that TJ is a very talented player and has been horrible mismanaged by Voss. Yes, we all know he's unaccountable, so why not play him in defence? Turn it up Voss. He came to you in his late 20s, he was hardly going to become a defensive marvel overnight. Your midfield has been reasonable over the last couple of years but not to the extent where Johnstone shouldn't find a spot in there.

What a waste of talent. I sincerely hope he finds another home in 2011. Heck, he'd be welcome back at Melbourne.

How's pick 12 sound? :)

No mention of Don Barry in the club press release.

I definitely thought he had shown enough to move from scholarship to rookie list.

Either way, we should know by November 5th if he made the cut.

Browndog, do you know what the situation is with the NSW scholarship players?

Johnstone = scapegoat.
To keep Austin Sheldon and a few others and de-list TJ makes no sense to me.

Proud = "issues".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These de-listings are absolutely bewildering to me. I cannot see how certain people, whose job it is to 'know' and recognise football talent can even entertain delisting McCauley and Proud ahead of Austin and Sheldon!

Proud is possibly the most talented junior footballer I have had the pleasure of watching come out of QLD. Sure he has some baggage, but he was finally getting over these, he was off the booze had a steady gf and his life was back on track - and it showed in his football. Carlton showed interest in him during trade week last year so don't be suprised if he ends up there - this WILL come back to bite us.

McCauley could not have done anymore to warrant another year..i'm not really sure what else to say.

Very disappointed. I finally had developed some faith in our football department. Not anymore..:confused:

I rated Proud pretty highly, he goes at the ball hard, what is the club thinking? If the club doesnt want someone that goes in hard for the ball, what do they want?
This will come back to bite us.

Re: Sheldon as "scapegoat for 2011". Just because you don't rate a bloke doesn't mean he becomes a "scapegoat".

IMHO, having watched him maybe 6 times last season, he won't make it- simple as that. He lacks the requisite physical presence, and certainly doen't make up for this in pace and smarts. FWIW, I don't see him getting much of a run in the main side, in any case.

I stand by my opinion- he is one lucky player.

a bit upset about proud getting delisted would despise it if he ended up at the tankers and turned out to be really good makes me sick thinking about it

sounds like mcauley getting delsited was a bad mistake but im sure the list managers know alot more than us supporters so i would back them over every supporter

Stiller survives AGAIN!!!!!:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

So he should.

A very handy depth player who would be earning s**t all.

They can't all be superstars.

One of the best endurance athletes on our list which could prove a handy asset with the change to the interchange rules.

I think we probably couldn't have carried both Selwood AND Stiller, but with Bunno gone, I am happy to hold onto Chinny for depth. You can't completely rebuild in the space of one draft.

Happy for you to disagree, but less exclaimation marks and more content would be nice. ;)

Sherman, Rischa and Brennan going most likely saved Sheldon and Austin. Although they could be seen as late developers like Barlow (stretching a bit?).

Proud I feel was born in the wrong era for footy - he is the old style hard nut that everybody loves but maybe not suited to the modern game. Probably would have been a star 10 years ago.

Broc I have never seen play so to hard judge either way. I'll leave that up to those that have. You can put Bart in the same box. How did Bart go in the game in China?

Don't know how Stiller has been brought into this. I've been disappointed with him in the past but he seemed fairly committed this year plus as TBD has mentioned the rule change is worth keeping him.

Proud I feel was born in the wrong era for footy - he is the old style hard nut that everybody loves but maybe not suited to the modern game. Probably would have been a star 10 years ago.
Players without any footy nous don't survive in any era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back