Roast The Cull needs to start

Remove this Banner Ad

well probably not the thread but on a positive note Beams evaluation is fantastic for the club and by reports through BF thoroughly deserved.

Sad to see Proudy go and Sheldon - well FFS WTF you name it i could say it. But if it does turn out well i will be happy to pay credit where due.

Will be interesting to see what the club has in mind with the new draftees - we may go tall at some stage.

Players without any footy nous don't survive in any era.

I think his reaction time was probably to slow for modern footy not the fact that he couldn't play. It will be interesting to see if gets picked up.

We were fed at drafting time that we thought if he wasn't injured he was a top 5 pick (from the man of moment - Gubby I believe).

On the other hand not surprised at all with Sheldon staying. Club said during trade week that he was a required player and that they considered him a long term prospect.

What a joke, as others have said, not sure what on earth the club see in this guy, 80% of games he played in I thought we were one...this guy will take us absolutely nowhere and hasn't a tenth of the hardness that Albie offers.

As was said earlier, just when you start to put some faith back in the calls the club's making, WHACK!.

With the unveiling of that ridiculous looking jumper and the calls made on the list, today reeks of 12 months ago.:mad:

GC will snap Broc up in a heartbeat. Quite possible they'll take a shine to Albie too.

Got told by a lions staffer that yes GC is indeed into Albie.

These de-listings are absolutely bewildering to me. I cannot see how certain people, whose job it is to 'know' and recognise football talent can even entertain delisting McCauley and Proud ahead of Austin and Sheldon!

Very disappointed. I finally had developed some faith in our football department. Not anymore..:confused:

Agree wholeheartedly, I am absolutely deflated after today's events.

What a joke, as others have said, not sure what on earth the club see in this guy, 80% of games he played in I thought we were one...this guy will take us absolutely nowhere and hasn't a tenth of the hardness that Albie offers.

I'm no Sheldon fan, but he isn't anything near soft. He goes in hard when it is his turn, especially for such a physically unimposing bloke.

I'm no Sheldon fan, but he isn't anything near soft. He goes in hard when it is his turn, especially for such a physically unimposing bloke.

Spot on. Despite the reasonable knocks on him, the people I've seen accusing him of lack of heart & squibbing haven't really watched him. He got killed a couple of times in the ressies this year, trying to make contests where he was well outgunned. Remember one in particular down at Labrador when he got absolutely poleaxed, came back on and played the game out, obviously in serious pain.

Say what you like about his footballing nous, but the bloke's no sook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with TBD here. Cast your minds back to the final against Carlton in 09, last quarter, he went in head first into the contest and as a result Braddy got the goal from the turnover.

He ain't no star yet, may never be, but he is not soft.

Proud seemed finally to have his head together at the end of the year but I guess the Lions decided that they didn't need fringe players who are headcases coming into a very important year.

McCauley I was surprised about but could it be that he has thought stuff this getting paid crap trying to make it I'm going back to my stockbroking job? Better pay if nothing else.

McCulloch I am a little surprised with as well but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up on the rookie list. It doesn't make sense to delist both Mcs.

Just wondering, Trav a mature age rookie?
I fear that Brisbane's decision will hasten his seemingly inevitable trajectory towards the park benches and under-bridge sleeping areas of your fine city.

I also don't pretend for a moment that I'm the first person to administer this joke.

I fear that Brisbane's decision will hasten his seemingly inevitable trajectory towards the park benches and under-bridge sleeping areas of your fine city.

I also don't pretend for a moment that I'm the first person to administer this joke.

You're way behind the times..

travisjohnstone.jpg

I have tried to logically work out why Proud has been delisted. But I can't find it. First of all I have been somewhat impressed with the club this off season but the delisting of Proud is hard to fathom.

The bloke has battled injury, the loss of a parent, a court case, an admission of an alcohol problem. Finally he seems like he was getting it all together and wait for it- was actually playing good football and then we cut him.

We obviously don't have a no ******** policy because we have Fev on our list.

I just can't understand the logic, Proud is a risk but there is a massive chance of reward going into his 5th season, the tank is getting bigger, the disposals more effective and he brought pace and aggression to the team.

Unless he has requested a release late so that he can get a fresh start elsewhere and move on from his past i cannot work out why he would be delisted.

On McCauley, there have been a number of ruckmen delisted eg. Skipper, Cloke, Taylor etc, we might simply believe that one of those players is a better option than McCauley on the rookie list.

Got told by a lions staffer that yes GC is indeed into Albie.

Interestingly, according to Vader's quoting of the player rules on the Drafts board, GC can't pick up any of our players in the ND or PSD (even delisted ones) unless we agree (same as Brennan), and if we do we get another compensation pick. Same goes for any club who have had players picked up by the GC already.

I have tried to logically work out why Proud has been delisted. But I can't find it. First of all I have been somewhat impressed with the club this off season but the delisting of Proud is hard to fathom.

The bloke has battled injury, the loss of a parent, a court case, an admission of an alcohol problem. Finally he seems like he was getting it all together and wait for it- was actually playing good football and then we cut him.

We obviously don't have a no ******** policy because we have Fev on our list.

I just can't understand the logic, Proud is a risk but there is a massive chance of reward going into his 5th season, the tank is getting bigger, the disposals more effective and he brought pace and aggression to the team.

Unless he has requested a release late so that he can get a fresh start elsewhere and move on from his past i cannot work out why he would be delisted.
:rolleyes:
Hypothetically a player, same time last year was only retained on the list on a one year make or break contract and given twelve months to prove himself he belongs at the club.

Hypothetically, a player with a lengthy tenure on the list and with an equally lengthy misdemeanours and non-performance issues is given yet again a certain amount of time to prove that he has the will, determination, the capacity and ability to get himself in shape, to improve his tank, skin folds and other areas to hold his place on the list. Hypothetically this is his tenth final warning. Hypothetically this player makes certain (under instruction from his management) he is seen to hit the treadmill the gym, the running track with prominent members of the club. Hypothetically this player still fails to meet the standards set for him. Hypothetically he reaches the last chance saloon.

Hypothetically offcourse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back