New AFL Video Game - Part 6 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo Ross :D Not trying to be rude or anything but ahhh. Would you have any idea when we would get to see the updated sneak peaks ;)

I am pushing hard, trying to put a schedule in place for screens/videos/etc...

Good stuff. For the next version will you stay with HES or go with another publisher because IMO HES are treating you guys pretty poorly.

HES are are great to work with and they, along with ourselves, are taking the risks in getting this game out. We have an agreement with HES to make games and they in-turn have an agreement with the AFL.

I guess our specialty is making the game, theirs is publishing it. As much as I want to just get it all out there and have as much interest as early as possible, HES have a reasonable and alternate view which is timing the release of infromaton closer to the date of the launch.

HES are are great to work with and they, along with ourselves, are taking the risks in getting this game out. We have an agreement with HES to make games and they in-turn have an agreement with the AFL.

I guess our specialty is making the game, theirs is publishing it. As much as I want to just get it all out there and have as much interest as early as possible, HES have a reasonable and alternate view which is timing the release of infromaton closer to the date of the launch.

Ok. As long as great AFL games are being developed and published, I am happy.:)

Hi Ross

Just wondering in future releases are you and the development team thinking of adding "Kinect/move compatibility"?

I think it would be awsome if there was a first person mode and you got to carry the ball around and actually do the motion of handballing, kicking, marking, tackling, etc. I'd love to line up a shot for goal and actually do the motions of getting the accuracy right.

Kinect would only be good for some goalkicking minigames in my opinion. It would be very awkward to play a whole game with the Kinect.

Just had a thought. I've had a minor problem with FIFA in that the refs tend to be wearing the same colour as one of teams. I don't know how this occurs, but it has happened in FIFA 07 and FIFA 10 (PC versions).

It's an absolutely minor, minor thing, but what colour uniforms will the AFL umps be wearing? In an ideal world, it should be something you can select (so if you and your friends want some zany fun, you can make them the same colour as one of the teams, but ideally you'd have a selection to choose from to make them stand apart). But surely, green would be the ideal colour, or perhaps have them non-existent (less realistic, but preferable if they are causing difficulties for the game maker and the player).

Hey all, I'm not sure if this has been brought up already but i cant be bothered looking through the thread.. I work at EB Games and i was looking at our coming soon list. You can expect AFL 1st of March 2011.

Hey all, I'm not sure if this has been brought up already but i cant be bothered looking through the thread.. I work at EB Games and i was looking at our coming soon list. You can expect AFL 1st of March 2011.

that means nothing, EB currently know as much as we know. They are just estimating when its being released and their is still no release date set in stone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that means nothing, EB currently know as much as we know. They are just estimating when its being released and their is still no release date set in stone.

Yes it does mean something..... A bloke already said the game is available for Pre-Order, and that it had been in the system. Heck my cousin works at EB and I had to make sure with him to. The release date should be sometime in March according to their systems. Ross also acknowledged that it is out for Pre-Order in previous pages.

Yes it does mean something..... A bloke already said the game is available for Pre-Order, and that it had been in the system. Heck my cousin works at EB and I had to make sure with him to. The release date should be sometime in March according to their systems. Ross also acknowledged that it is out for Pre-Order in previous pages.

The poster stated that the game was set for a 1st of March release. Ross told us that the release date has still not 100% been set in stone, but all of a sudden EB games seem to magically know the release date? makes sense :cool:

The poster stated that the game was set for a 1st of March release. Ross told us that the release date has still not 100% been set in stone, but all of a sudden EB games seem to magically know the release date? makes sense :cool:
Glenno explained it

when EB are unsure, they stick it as the first

If it wasn't a release date it'd be dated at 31/12/11 meaning sometime next year, Saying it has a date means it's most likely gonna be released then unless the developer pulls out and has to fix major bug issues.. Enter NBA elite 11.

Just had a thought. I've had a minor problem with FIFA in that the refs tend to be wearing the same colour as one of teams. I don't know how this occurs, but it has happened in FIFA 07 and FIFA 10 (PC versions).

It's an absolutely minor, minor thing, but what colour uniforms will the AFL umps be wearing? In an ideal world, it should be something you can select (so if you and your friends want some zany fun, you can make them the same colour as one of the teams, but ideally you'd have a selection to choose from to make them stand apart). But surely, green would be the ideal colour, or perhaps have them non-existent (less realistic, but preferable if they are causing difficulties for the game maker and the player).

They look like "Wiggles" - I don't think they will clash :)

Just a few things so people don't get too hot about the exact dates...

I couldn't say when the game will come out with 100% accuracy as whenever the draft is finished, and subsequently the game is finished shortly after, submissions to Sony/MS/Etc.. will begin. History shows that this is normally a three month turn-around from gold master to games finally being on the shelves. Sometimes this is a longer/shorter period depending on how many bugs/issues are found and if the game needs to be resubmitted.

EB are obviously a very important retailer and very important to the success of AFL. It is likely that they have some inside knowledge but I do not know of all of the conversations that go on between HES and EB. They also could have just taken the "first six months" announcement and halved it, who knows? Given what I have said above though, you now all know that 1st March is a reasonable guess.

That option to change umpire colours would make the game less realistic. Just ask Melbourne FC :D

Just a few things so people don't get too hot about the exact dates...

I couldn't say when the game will come out with 100% accuracy as whenever the draft is finished, and subsequently the game is finished shortly after, submissions to Sony/MS/Etc.. will begin. History shows that this is normally a three month turn-around from gold master to games finally being on the shelves. Sometimes this is a longer/shorter period depending on how many bugs/issues are found and if the game needs to be resubmitted.

EB are obviously a very important retailer and very important to the success of AFL. It is likely that they have some inside knowledge but I do not know of all of the conversations that go on between HES and EB. They also could have just taken the "first six months" announcement and halved it, who knows? Given what I have said above though, you now all know that 1st March is a reasonable guess.

Fair enough, I take what I said back. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back