Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Chamakh needs to be in the starting line up all round. The team tries to be too precise and the build up ends up being too slow without him. Personally I dont see the point in throwing a complete twat like Denilson in without even attempting a change in formation. Itd be nice if you had the players to continue on your merry way but quite simply you dont have that luxury in depth. Id much rather Chamakh RVP upfront. Chamkh can be the long target, holding up the ball and bringing Nasri into the play more in the attacking third. Not ideal but just play Wilshere as the stand alone DCM. He couldnt do worse than Denilson does.

Times also come for Miquel to start ahead of Squillaci. Once again he cant do worse

dear oh dear, some poor defending (who would've thought?!) costs us again. glad we rallied at least to gather a point

and yes as has previously been said, the international break has come at a good time. we need a breather and need to regain some confidence. but the problem is, who will return after the break?

not sure of the extent of song's injury, cesc should hopefully be back. unsure too about walcott

we still have the game in hand, and united still need to come to the emirates. but that is entirely irrelevant if we fail to actually win our other games

Wtf does Denilson actually do? He;s never passed more than 3 metres in his life and he plays as a DM and hasn't got a *ing clue on how to tackle!!!!

I was appalled by his first half, it really was one of the poorest ones ive ever seen.

Denilson is a box to box midfielder in the mould of say Stephen Ireland, Jermaine Jenas. Not that helpful in the EPL unless they have a sublime attacking game which lets be honest Denilson doesnt have. Guarantee when you do sell him he improves all of a sudden though

Denilson is a box to box midfielder in the mould of say Stephen Ireland, Jermaine Jenas. Not that helpful in the EPL unless they have a sublime attacking game which lets be honest Denilson doesnt have. Guarantee when you do sell him he improves all of a sudden though

Very doubtful, not many have left Arsenal and gotten better.

Say what. You have given up a crapload of young players who have gone on to have very good careers in the top flight, not to mention quite a few established players who have improved post Arsenal
Im not talking about youth team players who didnt find oppurtunities and left to join other clubs to play senior football, im talking about starting Arsenal XI players who left to other clubs and got better and won trophies etc.

The only one i can think of is Henry (performance wise got worse but won the champions league trophy he deserved), the others are contentious at best.

Im not talking about youth team players who didnt find oppurtunities and left to join other clubs to play senior football, im talking about starting Arsenal XI players who left to other clubs and got better and won trophies etc.

The only one i can think of is Henry (performance wise got worse but won the champions league trophy he deserved), the others are contentious at best.

Lass Diarra, Van Bronckhorst, Bentley just off the top of my head. Sure theres a few more

Lass Diarra, Van Bronckhorst, Bentley just off the top of my head. Sure theres a few more
Really? Wow.....
1-David Bentley cant get a game for Birmingham City and was resigned to the bench for most of his Tottenham stint.
2- Diarra was at Arsenal for 5 months played 6-7 games and started 1 or 2 so i dont think anyone would ever call him a starting 11 Arsenal player.
3-Van Bronckhorst actually won more at Arsenal than at Barca, and i doubt he "got better" at Barca. But he was a consistent performer who was hampered by injuries at Arsenal.

I love Ramsey but my god misreading that corner and then missing what should have been an easy tap in hurt, though Almunia's blunder was the worst of all.

We just about have to win every game now, and definately the United one.

Really? Wow.....
1-David Bentley cant get a game for Birmingham City and was resigned to the bench for most of his Tottenham stint.
2- Diarra was at Arsenal for 5 months played 6-7 games and started 1 or 2 so i dont think anyone would ever call him a starting 11 Arsenal player.
3-Van Bronckhorst actually won more at Arsenal than at Barca, and i doubt he "got better" at Barca. But he was a consistent performer who was hampered by injuries at Arsenal.

Sylvan Wilford, Matthew Upson, Fran Merida, Nicolas Anelka and so on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sylvan Wilford, Matthew Upson, Fran Merida, Nicolas Anelka and so on
Seriously? Seems like your just listing any player who has ever left Arsenal.

1-Fran Merida? Gtfo he played 6 games all up for Arsenal resigned to Carling Cup duty.

2-Sylvain Wiltord's best years were at Arsenal and he was never the player he once was when he went back to France.

3-Upson is playing for a team constantly trying to avoid relegation, im really sorry if you think thats a step up or if he 'looks better' at West Ham but if you surround yourself with shite then obviously you will look a little better.

4-Anelka is a tough one, hes played for 7-8 clubs and left us when he was 19-20. We got rid of him because of his attitude and the 'le sulk' campaign. Did he get better? Probably but we never sold him because he was crap or past it like the others.

This conversation is going nowhere, u can keep naming players and ill keep giving you reasons. Doesn't add anything to the board.

Also Denilson has played 95 games for us, sadly the last few years he has been first 11 material for us.

I wasnt the one who made such a ludicrious claim. Players do have a life after Arsenal. Just making you aware of that. They all didnt bomb like Hleb did is all im saying.

Either way Arsene has to take some responsibility for the loss last night. Did anyone look at the team sheet named and expect anything different? You can blame injuries all you want but one must ask why start Ramsey when Chamakh/Bendtner are wasting away on the bench. Time had come to change formaiton, he didnt do it and it cost you the game in the end

I wasnt the one who made such a ludicrious claim. Players do have a life after Arsenal. Just making you aware of that. They all didnt bomb like Hleb did is all im saying.

Either way Arsene has to take some responsibility for the loss last night. Did anyone look at the team sheet named and expect anything different? You can blame injuries all you want but one must ask why start Ramsey when Chamakh/Bendtner are wasting away on the bench. Time had come to change formaiton, he didnt do it and it cost you the game in the end

I said that players very rarely get better after leaving Arsenal, did i say they dont go on to have reasonable careers? Im sorry Hleb isnt as good as Carlton Cole, maybe one day he can reach the dizzying heights that Carlton produces week in and week out.

Ramsey plays in the midfield, Bendtner/Chamakh are strikers. Wenger believes that Nasri is better suited for us to play out wide/wing opposite Arshavin when he looks much better playing in the midfield 3.

Almunia
Sagna-Squillaci-Koscielny-Clichy
Denilson
Ramsey Wilshere
Nasri Arshavin
RVP
Was what we played last night, after we went down 2-0 it became

Almunia
Sagna-Squillaci-Koscielny-Clichy

Nasri Wilshere
Bentdner Arshavin
RVP Chamakh​

Is it just me who thinks Vela would be useful at the moment?

We would've looked much better if we lined up like this last night:

Lehmann
Clichy - Squillaci - Koscielny - Sagna
Denilson/Ramsey - Wilshere
Vela - Nasri - Arshavin
RvP​

Yes Vela is not that good. He is just the forward version of Denilson.

When he first came in all reports were saying how good his finishing was, seems to have dropped off alot this year :( . He really needs to show a few more glimpses for us starting next year, also is he even starting for West Brom atm? From what ive seen he gets like 10-15 mins for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back