TDF11 - Stage 12, Cugnaux - Luz-Ardiden 209km

Remove this Banner Ad

Some **** get up there and help Cadel FFS!

:confused: It's a mountain stage that ends with a climb, don't expect many GC riders aside from the Schlecks to have any help at the end.

Is the 22 seconds Frank gained on Cadel and 32 on Contador worth how hard he made his team work? I'm not too sure about it.

So are Leopard riding for Frank now? Maybe they always have been?

Great work from Voeckler, he was out of the saddle for about 70% of those climbs. Totally flayed himself.

Cadel will be happy with that, lost a little time to Frank but gained on everyone else and held steady with Andy. He looked strong, was a good day for him.

Frank and andy will need 2 mins on Cadel in the TT to stand a chance. Cadel is in the box seat.

I meant more Basso/Contador in helping him chase down Frank.

Bertie looks like toast, but guess Cadel is seen as a massive threat and no one likes him, so no help for him.

Frank and andy will need 2 mins on Cadel in the TT to stand a chance. Cadel is in the box seat.

Exactly, if it was Contador maybe a worry, but neither Schleck's are any good in a TT.

Plenty more mountains to ride yet. Contador looks like he'll be hard done by to make any significant gains. Andy was blowing hard, but his brother looks like he is a real chance to win the Tour. Voeckler spent himself keeping the yellow, won't hold onto it much longer. Evans didn't seem too stressed by that ride.

Great work by Sanchez, chance for the podium

So are Leopard riding for Frank now? Maybe they always have been?

Great work from Voeckler, he was out of the saddle for about 70% of those climbs. Totally flayed himself.
Don't think so. They give Frank a little more leeway.

the timing graphics (leaderboard) are terrible for the tour, these guys need to take some advice from F1, how about some arrows up and arrows down?
I dont think its really changed for 10 years.

I said at the start of this thread that I thought Frank would attack while Andy would follow. I think on Saturday the roles will be reversed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hired a car through europcar (aka ooorupka) earlier this year... can I celebrate for helping fund the victory?

Plenty more mountains to ride yet. Contador looks like he'll be hard done by to make any significant gains. Andy was blowing hard, but his brother looks like he is a real chance to win the Tour. Voeckler spent himself keeping the yellow, won't hold onto it much longer. Evans didn't seem too stressed by that ride.

Great work by Sanchez, chance for the podium

Pretty much...before the tour started, I thought it was Contador v Andy, with a few others a chance if they got lucky.

Contador looks a shadow of his former self.

Andy is still good, but doesn't seem 'special', so really is no better than the rest of what I'd considered the second tier.

Voeckler..well, you can't write off a guy who is 1'49" ahead more than half way in, but I don't like his chances.

Neither Schleck is great at time trials, so would need a decent lead going into stage 20 (ITT).

So, my current thinking, in order would be...
Evans, Frank, Basso, Cunego, Andy, S.Sanchez, Contador, Voeckler

And barring a major shift, I don't think anybody outside that list is a chance.

Well we know who's got the legs in them now... Contador is gone IMO... justdoesn't have his usual kick and I think the Giro and his falls have taken alot out of him. It's a very very open field this year, Andy and Contador have lost that extra gear that split them apart from the pack. Andy was definitey struggling and did a good job to hold on to Cadel. Very promising to see Cadel actually ake the initiative late on the climb and really put the hammer down. He got rid of Contador and if he started that effort a bit earlier IMO A. Schleck would've been gone as well. Frank definitely looks better than Andy at this stage. I think Cadel is in a very very good position to win this damn thing.

What is Basso like in the time trial? Would he need much buffer over his rivals? I guess minutes can easily be made in the mountains, but there is still a bit of a gap to make up on Cadel and the Schlecks.

Just like to point out i wrote off contador about 9 stages ago in the TTT...

Just went back to bed for 2hrs, needed that!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back