Past #28: Will Sierakowski - acquired in exchange for pick 58 in 2011 - delisted at end of 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I think Will deserves his own thread.

You got a bargain. Fantastic overhead, great foot skills, can find the football too. Saw him as part of our next generation, but it was not to be.

I'll reserve judgement until I see him play but if he was any good you'd think he would have been able to get a game or two with the Hawks, as guys like Savage, Puopolo, Smith, Suckling, etc, did.

Anyway, let's hope he's as good as the last bloke we snared from Box Hill.

Not really worried about a player who couldnt break into hawthorns side to be perfectly honest.

Will judge him on how he plays for us.

I nearly cried when he hit a target looking at the highlights.

Good get. :thumbsu:
:D :D

Didn't look like a speedster, but if he gets a game he'll be doing better than our last pick in the 50's.

Kudos to both FD's to keep this underwraps. We must've known about it for a while because that highlights package went up pretty quick.

We must have the best recruiting team in the country. Ive been watching this guy for a while now and im rapt we got him - really good pick up and should develop well with our list. Exactly what we need and is only 21. Now i believe we have Mullet, JMac, C. Richardson and Will Sera.. to play off that half back line and generate some run with great ball use. Very good recruiting - time will tell but i like what i see.
Out of the 4 who do people think will be in the 22 next year. Personally imo all will get games. Mullett, J-Mac and who? (c'mon gotta be the best nickname ever) to get first crack, with one to go back and play the "rawlings role" on the last line.

gran-torino-screenshots-of-movie-trailer-1.jpg

:D :D

Didn't look like a speedster, but if he gets a game he'll be doing better than our last pick in the 50's.

Kudos to both FD's to keep this underwraps. We must've known about it for a while because that highlights package went up pretty quick.
True, but I always thought it was over-rated. If you use the ball well and move it quickly as opposed to running quickly then you can look pretty slick. Think Geelong. Wojinski, varcoe have speed to burn but they don't have many guys with great leg speed but they all know how to hit a target and get into positions to move the ball quickly.

Obviously dont know anything about the kid other than watching the youtube vid North just released but I am happy North have recruited a HBF type with good skills - the Maric trade just didnt make sense to me so pick 58 for a 21 year old with a few pre seasons under his belt and supposedly has a bit of talent (so say hawks board) is a good move for both hawks and NM

I like the look of him. Unexpected, but looks a good choice, and thanks to all the Hawks posters coming on here and offering their thoughts. I suppose it's the least the Hawks could do for us given that we've sent a couple of useful players their way in recent years.

Welcome, Will. :thumbsu:

I suppose it's the least the Hawks could do for us given that we've sent a couple of useful players their way in recent years.

And a very useful midfield coach as well, not to mention the hobbit himself...

Good recruitment. Thank god he can kick a ball. The Who. I like that. Out of Mullet, The Who, Richo - I think creative ball use is the biggest criterion. This would have Mullet and, from the short video, the Who ahead of Richo. Peace.

It begs the question, why would Hawthorn let him go?

Salary cap issues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salary cap issues?

Excess to their needs I assume, was elevated to their main list and Emergency listed 6 times, couldnt get an opportunity so I assume he wanted a trade somewhere hed get a better crack.

pick 85 in the 2009 Rookie Draft - from the NSW Scholarship Program.

Geez, that's a long way down the order. Especially considering the kicking skills on display in that highlight reel. He aint afraid to tackle either.

Welcome Will!

Obviously dont know anything about the kid other than watching the youtube vid North just released but I am happy North have recruited a HBF type with good skills - the Maric trade just didnt make sense to me so pick 58 for a 21 year old with a few pre seasons under his belt and supposedly has a bit of talent (so say hawks board) is a good move for both hawks and NM

Terry Wallet suggested today Maric could nominate for the PSDraft & if he did, we're a chance to pick him that way for nicks.

NB: Considering supporters can be a tad vitriolic when a player leaves, there's a fair amount of love & positivity about Sirra & his assets ("laser-like left foot" is a common theme).

Salary cap issues?

They probably wanted to still play some part in the draft and wanted to keep him on the rookie list for now. He got a senior list offer from us and requested a trade.

They probably wanted to still play some part in the draft and wanted to keep him on the rookie list for now. He got a senior list offer from us and requested a trade.
I thought Sierakowski was a rookie for three years so had to be either promoted or delisted? We probably could've taken a risk that they would delist him and pick him up late in the draft, but odds are that he would have been in the minds of some others.

Anyway, they have many who play that role, we have a few youngsters and a few guys whop are more defenders that running options from half back.

They couldn't keep him on the rookie list because it was his 3rd year. It was either promote or delist.

Being a NSW Scholarship player, he was coming from a long way back when he was drafted. He needs more time and they obviously didn't think they needed him given they already have Guerra, Birchall and Suckling.

I really like this trade.

^^ I guess they keep another player on the list and get something in return (pick 58).

Anyways Im happy, hes another option down back.

Lets see how it all develops over the pre-season and into next year.

Welcome to North, Will. If we saw all that from a 18/19 year old we picked with #58 we'd be delighted.

These days we seem to have a reasonable relationship with the Hawks - I wouldn't assume anything except that they've got enough on the field and in the pipeline of a type and have their eye on something they need more with an extra pick.

Five stars to the interminable 24/7 media coverage and phone-working from Damo, Hutchy, the Wallet and even our girl EmmaQ that didn't pick this up.

We should all be happy with the acquisition of Who?.

I personally think he can offer a lot. Still young, and couldn't crack a Hawthorn team which is exceedingly strong in his position.

Fair enough trade IMO.

We should all be happy with the acquisition of Who?.

I personally think he can offer a lot. Still young, and couldn't crack a Hawthorn team which is exceedingly strong in his position.

Fair enough trade IMO.

Perhaps that is so, but Hawthorns depth is nothing to write home about.

I think this came down to money, and Hawthorn are under the pump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back