Past #28: Will Sierakowski - acquired in exchange for pick 58 in 2011 - delisted at end of 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy enough with this. He is certainly the 'type' that we need, and is more age appropriate than the others we were linked with, Gram and Young. We used a pick that we probably would have elevated a rookie with anyway, so very fair trade.

It begs the question, why would Hawthorn let him go?

Salary cap issues?

His 3 years as a rookie was up, was uncontracted and hbf is probably a hard spot to get a look in at the hawks. They had to let go of McGlynn and Kennedy in the midfield recently for similar reasons.

I am not sure if he will come to anything or not but it is good to see us at least looking at guys with good disposal skills.

About to join a team where Birchall, Guerra, Popoulo, Suckling, Cheney and Whitecross have his preferred position sewn up, It's where we have the most Depth in any part of the ground, Im not sure we even would of signed him onto the main list knowing we had an abundance of his type who are already established players. Might try his luck elsewhere

Probably isnt the best player you could of secured with pick 58, however easily the best kick you could get.

He's got a bit of upside in him as well, with your current issue with addressing the disposal problem at North, the trade makes a lot of sense

We don't have a disposal problem.

Did you watch us at all this year Jozeph this was one of our main areas of concern through the whole team!

I like this trade.

But unlike others, I reckon he will replace a Pratt/Rawlings in a deep role rather than be a rebounding HBF'r.

He's a solid unit at 87kg's and his precise kicking deep from the backline will be fantastic.

Rnd 1 chance by the look of it.

I no there HIGHLIGHTS but the kid can take a grab. 1 in front of warren and 1 in front of west i think. Great disposal. There is no 1 we would of got at that pick with this much upside. Already had 2-3 pre season under his belt.

I like this trade.

But unlike others, I reckon he will replace a Pratt/Rawlings in a deep role rather than be a rebounding HBF'r.

He's a solid unit at 87kg's and his precise kicking deep from the backline will be fantastic.

Yep, and deep in defence his strong contested marking will be important.

dangerous-sea_5568.jpg

raaa-raccoon2.jpg

cow.jpg

group%20ski%20sequence.jpg

About to join a team where Birchall, Guerra, Popoulo, Suckling, Cheney and Whitecross have his preferred position sewn up, It's where we have the most Depth in any part of the ground, Im not sure we even would of signed him onto the main list knowing we had an abundance of his type who are already established players. Might try his luck elsewhere
If he's as good as he's supposed to be you'd think Hawthorn would've held onto him, especially against North Melbourne where it's sticking out like dogs balls that they need a small defender.

I like this trade.

Perhaps fixing our kick-ins issue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's as good as he's supposed to be you'd think Hawthorn would've held onto him, especially against North Melbourne where it's sticking out like dogs balls that they need a small defender.
Would West Coast sign Hamish Mcintosh if he was avalable? No because he's an utter surplus to west coasts needs with two very good ruckmen and Scott Lycett who's an young and talented ruckmen. Would Hawthorn Sign up Chris Dawes? With Franklin, Roughead Gunston around, Why Bother?

Doesnt Mean McIntosh or Dawes are crap players, however how much half back flankers does hawthorn need? If he was going to be a superstar of course we wouldnt of traded him, However he's behind Birchall Suckling Whitecross and Guerra, and will be behind Birchall/Suckling/Whitecross in his career barring an injury or an incredible form drop from those three guys. We also have another player exactly like him on the Rookie list, however is a traditional KPP size, so that probably put him down the pecking order

He isnt crap, infact he's fairly promising, however there is a limit on mid sized flankers you would want to carry

Dont let the rookie tag scare you either, he was put onto the Rookie spot from a scholarship rather then all clubs passing on him

Hawthorn have simply made a terrible mistake. Donald McDonald is laughing at Hawthorn's stupidity. But this doesn't surprise me because ever since Jeff Kennett has left the Hawks, they have been the basket case of the competition.

Hawthorn have simply made a terrible mistake. Donald McDonald is laughing at Hawthorn's stupidity. But this doesn't surprise me because ever since Jeff Kennett has left the Hawks, they have been the basket case of the competition.
You cant blame Hawthorn to much.

We have so many good North men on the inside now its only a matter of time before they hand over Buddy for pick 70 and a packet of doritos.

Let the white anting begin.

Nobody is laughing at yours.

Based purely on his highlights package, and given the cost of trading for him, I'm very happy with this one. Has potential upside which, if realised, is exactly what we need.

Welcome aboard Sira. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back