Roast Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately, his 'ground breaking comment' and 'career' isn't based on anything apart from whether he is judged a full Sewell according to his promoters at TFS and their ratings.

Only half a Sewell tonight.

Pretty poor way to be remembered for a 'great of the game' I would of thought - I know there is only one Bradley Sewell - but to promote him as always in his shadow was embarrassing for the big **** I reckon.

Luckily he's too stupid to realise.

I enjoyed watching Buddy & Roughy on TFS last year. Think about why they're there & how much better they are than the self-indulgent idiots (sorry crawf) that host the show it's actually quite amazing how footy has changed and become more professional in the past few years.

Lloyd has no personality, no respect from the wider footy community for his achievements and will forever be remembered as a gutless sniper.

I actually don't mind the Footy Show, its one of the more light hearted shows for footy when most others are serious. I don't know why they keep putting Bartel on there, he has no personality whatsoever.

Geez, it's light entertainment with an occasional modicum of real insight.

If you're getting upset over something that happens on TFS, time to get yourself a hobby.

I'd prefer to watch Friends than the Footy Show.

Seriously unfunny, self-adulation fueled wank-fest.

You're comparing the Footy Show to "Friends"?

"Friends" is a long-defunct show from 15 years ago - it was funny at the time, but became repetitive, lame and boring - regurgitating the same formula week after week. The characters became caricatures and they ran the same gags each show.

Whereas the Footy Show ...

Okay, I get it.

;)

I see what you did there

;)

"Friends" is a long-defunct show from 15 years ago - it was funny at the time, but became repetitive, lame and boring - regurgitating the same formula week after week. The characters became caricatures and they ran the same gags each show.

Okay, I get it.

;)

Okay, I get it.

;)

I'd prefer to watch Caro on Dancing with the Stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I get it.

;)

Like:thumbsu:

I'm a fan of the show. Not sure how anyone can hold such hate for it when all it's set out to do is bring a bit of laughter and a bit of an insight into some of the players for the people who enjoy the show such as myself. You guys hate the Wiggles too? :p

Fair enough not to like the show, but Sammy and the boys are just out to bring a smile to a few faces so I'm not really sure why they cop so much slack tbh, even if you personally don't find their sense of humor to your liking.

TFS has been the same way it is for years now, and it always seems to be the same people complaining, yet week after week they still tune in for "just a few minutes" to see if anything's changed...:rolleyes:

Anyway, the Sewell bit was very light-hearted and I imagine Sewell could give two hoots about it.

From "must watch" years ago the footy show is now "can't watch"!

Agree, it's gone from great entertainment and must-watch viewing to complete trash. The Grand Final shows still aren't too bad but for every other week it's become sooo try hard. Gary & JB con't present, and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with 'footy news experts' such as Damian Barrett and that bald, egotistic punce who steal their scoops from BigFooty. Such a sad demise. Trevor Marmalade saw it coming and got out just before they jumped the shark I reckon (if he was actually axed, then he's a lucky s.o.b.).

I honestly don't know why anyone bothers to watch it anymore..It's not even funny, a waste of time. It should be cut from C9.C9 has gone down the hill in ratings the past years.. The only time I watch C9 is when RPA is on..Prefer C7 most times, otherwise I watch Austar..or ABC, love the mystery shows on that channel, so many good shows on there sometimes.

Ch9 TFS isn't fit to be a wart on this.....

marngrook_footy_show.jpg

Sammy Newman has carried TFS for a while now. Unfortunately he's become a little stale. What I do these days is record the show on IQ and FF to sections relating to team selections and/or parts of the show that I am referred to by mates or indeed posters on BF. This cuts the show down to 10 minutes a week for me.

I thought it was much better when Eddie was there.

Garry Lyon and Brayshaw (aka Eddie tryhard lite) just don't seem to have the same respect. I guess it's because Eddie for all his faults - and there are many - actually had a decent news sense and made it worth watching. The Footy Show used to break actual proper big news stories, instead of whatever tiny story that gets blown up into sensationalism by Hutchy and Barratt.

Eddie also seemed to be able to rein in Sam a bit more. At times the last few years it's seemed like the Sam Newman Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back