Portfolio Modernized VFL Shield Logos

What if the VFL/AFL wanted to keep a sense of equality by keeping the 'VFL Shield" and have it featured on all current 18 clubs logos. But we all know Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and GWS didn't have the shield in their 1st logo.
Here are my designs of what they could've looked like including variations
Please give feedback, I'll make some changes if requested
Feel free to post your own :D
Adelaide:
Adelaide.png

Adelaide2.png

Adelaide3.png

Brisbane:
Brisbane.png

Brisbane2.png

Brisbane3.png

Carlton:
Carlton.png

Collingwood:
Collingwood.png

Essendon:
Essendon.png

Fremantle:
Fremantle.png

Geelong:
Geelong.png

Gold Coast:
Suns.png

VFL
Suns2.png

GWS:
Giants.png

Giants2.png

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg FC, Melb Vixens, Renegades
These are a great concept. :thumbsu:
Maybe in retro style, you could use Footscray instead of "Western Football Club".

COHL

All Australian
Mar 17, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Gold City Royals
My comments:
Adelaide: I like the third one, but get rid of the bottom blue stripe.

Brisbane: Third is best again.

Carlton: I like it. It's perfect.

Collingwood: I like it but get rid of the the current logo and just leave the magpie there. I'm not sure if a logo within a logo is the best idea.

Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong: These three are perfect.

Gold Coast: I prefer the second one. I actually gives me an idea for a jumper design :D

GWS: I like the first one better but make the inside of the G charcoal, grey or whatever the color is called.

Hawthorn: I can't split the two of them, but I would give the hawk a white outline or have no outline.

Melbourne: It is a good idea but it's too "full". I would keep the monogram, discard the trident and stars and move down the monogram so it is approximately half in the red and half in the blue.

North Melbourne: It is a nice concept but get rid of the furthermost stripes and move the remaining stripes a bit further from the kangaroo.

Port: The second one, lose the fist and that's it.

Richmond: Minimize the tiger just enough to make the sash slightly more predominant.

St Kilda: The thicker striped one is almost perfect, except make the "St KFC" part a bit smaller.

Sydney: The second shield is better except move up the design so that it is 3/4 of the way down. If it still doesn't fit, move the AFL logo somewhere in the corner.

West Coast: The second one. Continue the white outline into the blue area.

Footscray: Western? WESTERN?!!! But on a more serious note, make it say Footscray instead of Western. That's a big no no. Get rid of the whole design and put in the hoops and that is it.

Some of these could use a bit of "touching up" but overall it's pretty good. I give it and 8 out of 10.

These comments are entirely my own opinions and will stand by them unless I change my mind.

Changes requested by COHL

Adelaide: Removed last blue stripe
AdelaideRD.png

Collingwood: Removed current logo, replaced with Magpie
CollingwoodRD.png

GWS: Recoloured "G" Charcoal
GiantsRD.png

Hawthorn: Changed stroke colour to White
HawthornRD.png

HawthornRD2.png

Melbourne: Removed Trident and Stars, Repositioned Monogram
MelbourneRD.png

North Melbourne: Re-done Stripes
NorthMelbourneRD.png

Port Adelaide: Removed fist
PortAdelaideRD.png

Richmond: Scaled Tiger down
RichmondRD.png

St Kilda: Scaled "St.K.F.C" down
StKildaRD.png

Sydney: Repositioned Design (Unsure)
SydneyRD.png

SydneyRD2.png

West Coast: White stroke around whole Eagle
WestCoastEaglesRD.png

Western Bulldogs: Removed dog, replaced with hoops
WesternBulldogsRD.png

COHL

All Australian
Mar 17, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Gold City Royals
YAY! Very nice, CaNNaVo93! But the Swans is too wide. Make it as thin as it actually is. As well as Power. For the Eagles, make the eagle more centered. But the rest is perfect! :) Thank you!

DogsShield.gif

How about use the Bulldogs logo for next year?

I will forever call that dog Cripple dog owing to the fact it only has two legs.

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg FC, Melb Vixens, Renegades
That's the one. Although I'd make the eyes brown and the tongue red (or go "Esso Tigers" homage and make them yellow). Also the tiger's left cheek needs yellow.
Another thing I'd consider is making the crown of the shield yellow instead of white (i.e. black text on yellow).

Back