Media Demons announce succession plan

Remove this Banner Ad

It has already been revealed in public that Eth will be the next captain of the Mt Buller Demons.

Don't go thinking he has sucked up to me to earn this position either. He has always been honest with me and has had to hit me with some home truths at times.

A good #2 doesn't follow his captain blindly and I'm grateful that Eth has been his own poster.

It was no secret that Deddy had leadership ambitions at the Demons but he was never going to jump the queue.

It's with great pride that I pass on this position to somebody that is worthy of it. The position of Demons captain has never been an easy one to hold and I think I can hold my head high having done a good job even through the controversies.

When I've done the wrong thing I'm usually able to admit it, apologise and move on.

I think I've really given the Sweet FA a big shake up in many ways and there is still plenty to do but it's not up to me to keep pushing those agendas.

I'm proud that captains take their duties more seriously these days. Most don't agree with my leadership methods but have built their own style which is much better than some inactive flog naming an unchanged line up each week. I'm sorry to any of those leaders that feel I've offended them but I was only trying to push for a higher standard league wide.

Even though it's never really been a goal of mine to be well liked here I would like to forge some friendships with a few posters and out of the spotlight of captaincy I'll be better able to do this.

I still want to win the premiership for the Demons and hope I can lead us all the way this season.

I will be standing down from the Mt Buller Demons captaincy at the conclusion of the current season. That means once the grand final finishes. Eth will be free to choose a whole new leadership group.

I still intend to stay active on these boards I just don't want to cling onto leadership longer than I am committed to these responsibilities. The way I like to lead takes up plenty of time and I feel I'm leaving the club in good hands to do an even better job than I did.

Eth already does a great job with match reports and our best and fairest. For this I'm very grateful, he has been the best vice captain I could ever have.

I considered stepping down before this but I was always concerned it would look like I just being pushed. I've taken this at my own pace and considered all my options.

The Demons are going to stay strong for the remainder of this season and the next one. This will be the foundation of a strong team heading well into the future.

Thanks for your time everybody.

I look forward to leading the Demons in our remaining games this season and hopefully taking us all the way to the flag.

C'MON DEES!!!!!!

Nicely written Juggalo Balla - For what its worth and I've written this before, I think your captaincy has improved; it was more the lack of tact outside the club that brought the community down on you. ..

BTW we know your stance on Co-captaincy but I personally think that the fact an SFA side doesn't have a 'coach' means it works on multiple levels. .. It means you can assist in the load that a Captain has to carry while the fresh meat comes up to speed with the task. ..

Hope Eth enjoys the new role in S16 and he can still benefit from the qualities you do bring to the table. ..

• Banned
Negative opinion has little to do with it.

It's all in there, nothing between the lines. I'm always honest with my feelings.

Obviously I had a little fun trolling with the "I'm gonna be captain forever" stuff but I thought that was a clue as to this announcement as it was fairly tongue in cheek.

Well said Juggs, you've handled this extremely well and its great to see you go out on your own terms. I've enjoyed my time under your captaincy and I will surely enjoy it for the rest of this season too (well who wouldn't enjoy a premiership? ;))

Eth will be a great captain so we are definitely in good hands. Looking forward to the remainder of the season and then the coming seasons with Eth at the helm :thumbsu:

Also good to see you're sticking around after Juggs!

Yeah I'll be here. :)

At times I've thought Eth would be a bit of a kingslayer but he has remained loyal through the tough times and I'm very appreciative :thumbsu:

You thought that Eth was ShaunDuggan 's brother? ;)

tumblr_m9vmub8Urd1qmz1mfo2_250.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunate timing there JB, as this looks totally reactionary to the recent events.

If this isn't the case at all, not even a whisper then well done.

Sad to see you go out like this Juggs. I can't help but feel it's a bit of a chain reaction. You're a good guy and you didn't back down even when everyone was on your back. Eth will do a great job as captain. Good times ahead for the Dees.

What leadership issues?

Strong secession plan.

Who's your heir to the throne Duggan?

Hopefully it's not somebody like this.

<cut image out>

The succession plan? Does that take affect at seasons end? I would think so after recent events. My prediction is you step down annointing Eth as your successor.

I don't need a heir to my throne, but if I did, there's an abundance of leadership here at the Wonders.

P.S. Can't see picture but assume its of Joffre going by text, he's a ****head.

This thread isn't news to me, although wasnt hard to predict... ;)

Eth is twice as handsome though

*GoT spoiler alert*

Atleast I don't get fleshy with my sister, then get her pregnant, giving birth to the world biggest silly ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back