Official 2012 Trade Week Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they probably can afford to give you a good deal, that said I wouldn't I were Hawthorn as there are younger options.
They could. It would go a long way to winning them a premiership. Not sure if they would do it though, with some of their midfield stars getting a bit long in the tooth.

All I know is that Lake is happy at the Dogs, and we're happy with him. Ball is entirely in Hawthorn's court.

They could. It would go a long way to winning them a premiership. Not sure if they would do it though, with some of their midfield stars getting a bit long in the tooth.

All I know is that Lake is happy at the Dogs, and we're happy with him. Ball is entirely in Hawthorn's court.

He won't go, if I were Hawthorn I'd go after a few others before selling the farm for Lake (nothing personal). Lake would command the equivalent of a mid teen pick.

He won't go, if I were Hawthorn I'd go after a few others before selling the farm for Lake (nothing personal). Lake would command the equivalent of a mid teen pick.
I agree. It's a very short term option, but it would pay off for them. I don't think he'll go.

Is he worth that much to you?

Well Dogs would have to pay his contract out, I think, unless he asked to go. Just Clarkson hasn't realised this backline problem until now, we don't want a young defender cause we are trying to get Schoenmakers to bulk up & take on the big defenders role

Well Dogs would have to pay his contract out, I think, unless he asked to go. Just Clarkson hasn't realised this backline problem until now, we don't want a young defender cause we are trying to get Schoenmakers to bulk up & take on the big defenders role

There are big, young defeners. Mitch Brown from the Eagles is a better bet than Lake. Who is to say Lake won't break down, and then there are others I am sure I am missing.

Like I said you'd be better waiting 12 months if you want Mitch Brown.
ATM you'd have to pay way overs.

You have two options:

Option A: Lake
Option B: Brown

Which one would you take, both will cost you a first rounder, Brown you may even get for pick 21 straight...AND Brown gives you 8 plus years rather than 2 years that Lake will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are big, young defeners. Mitch Brown from the Eagles is a better bet than Lake. Who is to say Lake won't break down, and then there are others I am sure I am missing.
They are going for a premiership now. They don't want some player who'll be good for them in a couple of seasons.

They are going for a premiership now. They don't want some player who'll be good for them in a couple of seasons.

They will be still going for a premiership in 4 years time, nothing that says that Lake won't break down yet again.

Probably not, would need one from 12-18 to get him straight

Hmmmm. It would probably have to involve a 3rd club and us somehow getting our hands onto a better first round pick to on-trade to the Dogs.

We won't be trading guys like Savage, Shiels, Whitecross and Smith.

They will be still going for a premiership in 4 years time, nothing that says that Lake won't break down yet again.
It's not like Lake is perennially injured. He had 1 bad year, other than that he's been very durable.
Lake is more likely to be a key for a premiership than Brown. More than a class above.

It's not like Lake is perennially injured. He had 1 bad year, other than that he's been very durable.
Lake is more likely to be a key for a premiership than Brown. More than a class above.

Yep. Brown did his ACL not long ago, and has had his fair share of injuries over the journey as well.

Normally I would agree but his 1 good year was only 12 months ago and that is a massive risk, especially at his age.

Yep. Brown did his ACL not long ago, and has had his fair share of injuries over the journey as well.

If you want a key defender look no further than Grundy or someone from the Swans, they have by far and away the best defensive structure. Brown is fine, an he would be the one I would go for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back