Oppo Camp 2013 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused as ****. Watson admitted to taking AOD-064!?!? o_O

Still a piss-weak pressa.
They were just keeping options open.

No point nailing players yet without Dank evidence.
If they did that someone would slip through the cracks.

Reckon Chocco will end up at the Dees.

I would have thought so too, as it's been a pretty consistent theme since 2007 that he wanted to be located in Melbourne. But as a prospective coach who would you rather - Melbourne or Brisbane?

There is strong suggestion that the AFL will tonight strip Essendon of all their premiership points this year and next year, suspend James Hird from coaching for 2 years, fine the Essendon Football Club $2 million and ban them from the first 4 rounds of the 2013 and 2014 national draft.

That was from one of the 'news' pages on Facebook.

Voss to the Dees would only ensure that's club extinction. The bloke can't coach, has the IQ of a mule.

They were just keeping options open.

No point nailing players yet without Dank evidence.
If they did that someone would slip through the cracks.

Yeah and only charges announced tonight.... not penalties..

Still we wait..

There is strong suggestion that the AFL will tonight strip Essendon of all their premiership points this year and next year, suspend James Hird from coaching for 2 years, fine the Essendon Football Club $2 million and ban them from the first 4 rounds of the 2013 and 2014 national draft.
Charges have been laid against Hird, Reid, Thompson and Corcoran although no official reprocussions to be announced until after their case has been heard by the AFL commision on August 26th.

It appears no player sanctions have been made.

Shocked by the news about Voss. Really looked to be making progress this year. Surely the Lions have snagged themselves a big fish?

I'm still confused....does that mean no penalties until the 26th, when the next meeting takes place?

Correct, the Commission meeting on 26/8 will hear the defence cases, decide on guilt or innocence, and set any penalties.
Then the legal proceedings will start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, the Commission meeting on 26/8 will hear the defence cases, decide on guilt or innocence, and set any penalties.
Then the legal proceedings will start.

So it really could drag on for a while yet.....do you think there will be a resolution this year?

without stating the bleeding obvious but that kind of infraction would send their club back a good decade.
Not just the loss of premiership points but the banning of draft picks which are essential to helping in the evolution of any clubs playing list.
You can't get anywhere in this competition without young talent (unless you have Stephen Wells as a recruiter) so massive rumor if true.

Guess they are very fortunate to have gotten young Daniher under the father/son when they did as he will be a top 10 player for 10 years anyways.

So it really could drag on for a while yet.....do you think there will be a resolution this year?

I don't know.
If penalties include the loss of points, I think it certain that Essendon will issue a writ claiming the decision is invalid, and seeking an injunction against the loss of points until the case is heard; that the AFL will oppose both claims but, if an injunction is granted, ask for an immediate trial; and that the court will very probably grant that application, so the court case takes place before the finals start. But there are any number of permutations. The court may, of course, dismiss outright Essendon's initial application for an injunction; it depends upon what legal grounds are available to Essendon, and how strong they are.
I think it will make an interesting change from the usual pre-finals ad infinitum injury reports, etc.

Charges have been laid against Hird, Reid, Thompson and Corcoran although no official reprocussions to be announced until after their case has been heard by the AFL commision on August 26th.

It appears no player sanctions have been made.

Shocked by the news about Voss. Really looked to be making progress this year. Surely the Lions have snagged themselves a big fish?

And essendon the club has been charged as well I think...

Interesting they said AOD was not approved by WADA but no infractions for players yet... unless more evidence comes to hand..
They can't issue infractions anyway at the moment because it's only an interim report... still a lot that can happen with all this..

The AFL release clearly stated the club was charged first and foremost.

I think the players will be charged probably in the off season when ASADA have had enough time to fully build a case - remember there are 30 odd blokes to stick it to.

Interesting I just saw the statement again... he mentions AOD is a banned WADA substance.. but under the current information no player has been named/charged.... Because it's an interim report players can't be identified until it's finalised...
Once it's finalised and players are named.... game on for ASADA or WADA if they aren't happy

Just a naive question from me

Why would Thompson be charged and Goodwin wouldnt-there both assistant coaches there -and Goodwin was aware what was going on - he and Hird had communication with Dank in regards to the antiageing stuff they were both taking

Just dont want any harm to Geelong re Thompson -seems odd he was charged-and Goodwin wasnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back